Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New TGR bike film, From The Dust

A. Stoked, new TGR bike film with Lifecycles Director Ryan Gibb

B. Concerned.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/video/b...gNNwc#comments

While I am positive they had enough safety precautions in place to prevent anything from happening, how many people are they going to influence to ride through coals/set stumps on fire to get the shot, or am I blowing this out of proportion? After a historically bad fire season across most of the west is this in poor form?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post

B. Concerned.

While I am positive they had enough safety precautions in place to prevent anything from happening, how many people are they going to influence to ride through coals/set stumps on fire to get the shot, or am I blowing this out of proportion? After a historically bad fire season across most of the west is this in poor form?
    Overeaction. I think there's snow on the ground if you look close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post

B. Concerned.

I don't they are going to influence anyone to do this.

Back when I still had two arms, I remember watching sigfried and Roy on television playing with tigers.

Man I wish I'd never watched that. Just couldn't help myself.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yawn more roosty bro berm smash slash shit, now with fire.

I'm sure you'll see this playing on a TV demo at a Costco near you soon.

Yeah, I figured as much, I just know in today’s bro bike culture not everyone gets it. Get off my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Over/under on the entire movie just being slow-mo berm slashes?

I'm tired of all of this skidding/slashing/rooster tail throwing shit. Who actually rides like that? Well, maybe kidwoo but in the real world I don't know people that are that destructive. That said, maybe I should watch the flick before I get all worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm tired of all of this skidding/slashing/rooster tail throwing shit. Who actually rides like that? Well, maybe kidwoo but in the real world I don't know people that are that destructive. That said, maybe I should watch the flick before I get all worked up.
    No. I can confirm Woo prefers real turns.
    Also, have you never seen “Earthed Based Kickouts”

https://vimeo.com/94112688?ref=em-v-share

I really do yell at little kids over that shit. Ask anyone who knows me.

Not because I care about dirt moving but something far worse: it looks fucking stupid.

edit: oh yeah, I literally made a video to make fun of it. Thanks joe! As a spinal victim the memory ain't so great these days.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 05-29-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Also, have you never seen “Earthed Based Kickouts”

https://vimeo.com/94112688?ref=em-v-share
    That never gets old.

Earth Based Kickouts = funny

That link isn't working right now from the OP.... for me at least.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I really do yell at little kids over that shit. Ask anyone who knows me.

Not because I care about dirt moving but something far worse: it looks fucking stupid.

edit: oh yeah, I literally made a video to make fun of it. Thanks joe! As a spinal victim the memory ain't so great these days.
    I yell at little kids just because Sometimes I give terminal kids a hard time too but that's a different story.

Victim? Are you ok or did I miss something?

I give terminal kids a hard time too
    too far

Nah just kidding that's funny.

Victim? Are you ok or did I miss something?
    That asshole joetron took me on a blue square trail that I OBVIOUSLY wasn't prepared for lacking the requisite skill set. He wears a fanny pack that makes you fly in the air into aspen trees while thinking of jokes to make fun of it. Now I can't feel my right leg sometimes. Which I very much blame joes fanny pack for. I really did break my back, but mostly just use it to hold over joe's head.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 05-30-2019 at 08:03 AM.

The fanny pack is designed to create specific downforce for maximum Mid Mountain performance. Sorry it’s so mesmerizing.

At least you didn’t have to check the Tidal Wave box on the PC Hospital intake form. That would be REALLY embarrassing

Really tho, your right leg?

I need to come back to check that box. Even if I was nowhere near that trail. Too good of an opportunity to have the name of a bike trail listed as a check box option in an ER report.

I do have all kinds of weird, painful nerve shit going on but it has more to do with the tumor they found that day after back break 2 (zion edition).

I need to come back to check that box. Even if I was nowhere near that trail. Too good of an opportunity to have the name of a bike trail listed as a check box option in an ER report.

I do have all kinds of weird, painful nerve shit going on but it has more to do with the tumor they found that day after back break 2 (zion edition).
    OK, now you have us all curious.. please link to blog post. (seriously hope you're ok).
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    OK, now you have us all curious.. please link to blog post. (seriously hope you're ok).
    No kidding...
    X2

Haha....thanks guys. No blog post just a chain of events that led to me having a pretty fucked up spine. Which is entirely joe's fault.

[sweet blog bro]
    2010: I break my back flying off a dirtjump line overshooting a hip jump, blowing my feet off the pedals and flying off a berm hitting a tree. Something like 15 fractures between transverse processes, minor vertebral fractures and ribs. That one was bad, and is the real source of misery.

Switched to breaking knees for a while and started walking crooked, which helps back problems.

2017: after a two week road trip in CO, riding lots of big climbs and descents, + some lift served dh, I stop in joetown to say hi on my way home (exhausted). He takes me on a relatively flat trail to stretch the legs. One which I fly off of because I'm not paying attention and lose my front wheel off the side of one of those shitty 2" wide wasatch needle dick sidehill trails and break a bunch of shit in my back again.......by flying into a tree with my torso........again. In the hospital they find a bigass angioma growing on a nerve by one of the OLD fractures. Joe laughs at the accident report because they really do have an option to check the local jump trail in park city as the source of injury. Someone in an insurance company is obviously on a mission. That night we drink whiskey, and I guilt trip Joe for taking me on an extreme black diamond trail outside of my comfort zone or skill set. You could take a kid on a strider on this thing. It's that gnarly. Then I get to drive home for 9 hours the next day with a crooked back.

That fall I get spine surgery to check the angioma (benign but big). Removing it apparently would fuck up the muscles far beyond all the discomfort the tumor is causing so I now I just have to deal with it. So I just use the opportunity to abuse the absolute saint named joetron who extracted me from the hill, took me to the hospital, and made sure I didn't die that night. Cuz that's how I roll. [/sweet blog bro]

clif notes:
    joetron is awesome (but dont' tell him)
    I've been in a lot of hospitals, the park city one is the best, 5 stars, would trauma again
    wasatch trails are too skinny
    ouch

one of those shitty 2" wide wasatch needle dick sidehill trails...You could take a kid on a strider on this thing. It's that gnarly.
    OK, now I have to know what trail this actually happened on.

Holy hell man, sounds like things have been rough for a while. When you come back to check the Tidal Wave box, watch out for the 5th jump on Tsunami. I've been told that one has a habit of eating people.

Haha....thanks guys. No blog post just a chain of events that led to me having a pretty fucked up spine. Which is entirely joe's fault.

[sweet blog bro]
    2010: I break my back flying off a dirtjump line overshooting a hip jump, blowing my feet off the pedals and flying off a berm hitting a tree. Something like 15 fractures between transverse processes, minor vertebral fractures and ribs. That one was bad, and is the real source of misery.

Switched to breaking knees for a while and started walking crooked, which helps back problems.

2017: after a two week road trip in CO, riding lots of big climbs and descents, + some lift served dh, I stop in joetown to say hi on my way home (exhausted). He takes me on a relatively flat trail to stretch the legs. One which I fly off of because I'm not paying attention and lose my front wheel off the side of one of those shitty 2" wide wasatch needle dick sidehill trails and break a bunch of shit in my back again.......by flying into a tree with my torso........again. In the hospital they find a bigass angioma growing on a nerve by one of the OLD fractures. Joe laughs at the accident report because they really do have an option to check the local jump trail in park city as the source of injury. Someone in an insurance company is obviously on a mission. That night we drink whiskey, and I guilt trip Joe for taking me on an extreme black diamond trail outside of my comfort zone or skill set. You could take a kid on a strider on this thing. It's that gnarly. Then I get to drive home for 9 hours the next day with a crooked back.

That fall I get spine surgery to check the angioma (benign but big). Removing it apparently would fuck up the muscles far beyond all the discomfort the tumor is causing so I now I just have to deal with it. So I just use the opportunity to abuse the absolute saint named joetron who extracted me from the hill, took me to the hospital, and made sure I didn't die that night. Cuz that's how I roll. [/sweet blog bro]

clif notes:
    joetron is awesome (but dont' tell him)
    I've been in a lot of hospitals, the park city one is the best, 5 stars, would trauma again
    wasatch trails are too skinny
    ouch
    I see a blog in your future. Well, hope it eventually subsides. ++vibes++
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

All that is exactly why I'm terrified of going fast on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    All that is exactly why I'm never going fast on a bike.
    Fixed it for me

+++vibes+++

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    OK, now I have to know what trail this actually happened on.

Holy hell man, sounds like things have been rough for a while. When you come back to check the Tidal Wave box, watch out for the 5th jump on Tsunami. I've been told that one has a habit of eating people.
    Just looked at a map. Midmountain? Sam's? Something around there? We drove up a road that's on the southeast of park city ski area. We were right above a small base facility because as I was hobbling down there was a shitty band playing a toto song or something.

That was just a general note at the way a lot of trails are built around the SLC/park city area. Just seems like there are a lot of them like that. Narrow because they're cut on a pretty steep sidehill.

Tsunami, got it. I'm shooting for a full compound double femur next time. It's good to have goals.

[/snip...]
    ouch
    Holy hell man...
    How life altering is this for you at the moment?
    Is there a long term prognosis?