Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My favorites are McCartney and Jamerson. I love that old school sound. Currently Joe Dart is killing it with Vulfpeck.

One out of left field, inverted left field that is. Went to college with this dude, highest star basketball recruit the time I was there. Had no idea he was also in to music.

R. I. P. He and Toby Keith were good friends. Keith wrote a song about him after he died.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I have actually heard him play before, but never seen him. Really interesting--he plays left handed, and his bass is made for a lefty (the knobs are placed for a lefty), but it looks like a righty body, and unless I'm wrong he didn't restring it? The low E is at the bottom.

And of course since he's playing lead his band has another bass player to play 'regular' bass, which is also really, really unusual (IMO). Cool.

Kinda like Bernie Williams.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I have actually heard him play before, but never seen him. Really interesting--he plays left handed, and his bass is made for a lefty (the knobs are placed for a lefty), but it looks like a righty body, and unless I'm wrong he didn't restring it? The low E is at the bottom.

And of course since he's playing lead his band has another bass player to play 'regular' bass, which is also really, really unusual (IMO). Cool.

Kinda like Bernie Williams.
    Yep Bass strung and tuned right handed, playing inverted. Self taught on a borrowed right hander's rig when he was kid.

Seen a guitar player playing inverted at the highest level too... This guy toured with Roger Waters and Eric Clapton..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

My favs.:
    1) Jaco
    2) Stanley
    3) Berry
    4) Phil
    5) Jack
    "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police." M. Thatcher (RIP)
    "...
    Judges smoke it, even the lawyer too...So you've got to legalize it..." Peter Tosh

My favs, no order of preference:

Phil
    Levin
    Stanley
    Jaco
    Marcus Miller
    Geddy