Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 121
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    14

    Dean Cummings went full-bore crazy

    Enjoy. All 20 volumes of crazy talk.

    https://youtu.be/C_BScV9WEoI

    https://youtu.be/n_24JzUbM4Y

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    14
    These crazy rants explains a lot... H2O was taking money for skiing and ran zero trips with zero refunds. Straight up paranoid and criminal all in one bag of sleaze/crazy.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cottonwood heights
    Posts
    1,112
    people can go crazy because they are right sometimes

    ...as far as Paranoid about corporations ??? > Look at Epic Pass>no locals voted on if their mountain would get slammed by a 20% rider increase ,where most parking and public transit has never been able to support that kind of skier population.

    Also >Wasatch Front is perfect example> they are filling the I15 corridor with every company that they can
    > but the I15 freeway Is built like it was 1929! The off /on ramps cross the main streets>derp /morons ..other states fixed this clog,like 55 years ago with overpasses and underpasses.

    Alaska is gonna be the saddest though ;it is still kind of pristine - but you know Local Officials will keep welcoming more Tax income from these companies! it's hopeless-unless a city's citizens get to vote on these corporate invasions.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    322
    Derailment.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,375
    [QUOTE=m28484;5678908]These crazy rants explains a lot... H2O was taking money for skiing and ran zero trips with zero refunds. Straight up paranoid and criminal all in one bag of sleaze/crazy.
    [/QUOTE

    So Dean rants about people trying to destroy his business and you come here posting stuff about his supposed biz practices....trying to destroy his biz, too. You are helping him out here.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,715
    Not good either way....either he’s into some really heavy struggles with some gnarly enemies or he’s coming unglued.

    Sigh. smh.

    big sigh

    Way back when, 1997/98, skiing with him and Joel in Taos, he said he’d find a job for me if I got myself to Alaska...my truck broke down in the middle of nowhere, I ran out of money, had to work where I was at for the whole summer so I could get back to Taos in the fall, never made it to AK.... but I never forgot that fork in the road and how he tried to get me up there. Nicest guy ever. Ran into him at Snowbird 10 years later and after all that time and surely so many people coming and going he remembered wondering about what happened when I didn’t show up that year.

    I hope dude’s ok. Not good either way.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,715
    also, this is all somewhat reminiscent of Allan Weisbecker's Can't You Get Along With Anyone? with the wife problems and protracted struggles with locals in a small isolated area, with a backdrop of some shady business and money-grabs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,252
    I know Dean, not super well but I worked with him bit on the h20g ski line. This is sad, overall he's a good guy. He has a big ego, understandably. The skis were great I thought.

    Edit: I think he may be using those drugs and chemicals. I wonder when the chemtrails discussion starts? This is super odd.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,498
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    he said hed find a job for me if I got myself to Alaska
    Buddy had a similar experience this winter- Dean offered him a job, and he was all set to head up to AK to guide for the season.

    A few weeks before he's supposed to be up there, he finds out the entire staff of H20 quit and nothing is happening this season. He scrambled a bit a found a gig with another outfit, but it'd be interesting to hear about what was going down up there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,498
    Also, m series op seems to have a grudge against Dean. Maybe a competitor?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Met him in '96.
    Dudes a douche--straight up
    It probably worked out better for you that you didn't make it up there IAS

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    1,976
    Met him a few times and he seemed like a nice guy . Probably not the best idea as a business owner to go on Youtube with extended rants but running a heliski operation has to be extremely stressful especially in a small isolated town with all of the variables involved.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Met him a few times and he seemed like a nice guy . Probably not the best idea as a business owner to go on Youtube with extended rants but running a heliski operation has to be extremely stressful especially in a small isolated town with all of the variables involved.
    No it really boils down to his "I'm the greatest skier/snow science/protocol guy on the planet". He really believes anything he touches will turn to gold. His business model for the skis was insane. He only sold to dealers. Like $100 over cost so it was like $750 per pr to the shop. He'd agree to come give a "talk" and show one of his movies promising it would bring droves of sales. Keith was making the skis at the time so construction was insanely great, but without a direct web sales model it could never survive. I still got some biz cards around somewhere.
    Guy is a great skier and smart at snow science. Lots of big first descents in the chugach. Can't ever take that away.
    Overall I hope things work out for him, but this all seems crazy talk. Flds? Really?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    14
    Not sure how I have a grudge... This is Dean doing all of this to himself. People were showing up in Valdez all season after having paid a $10,000 deposit for a week of skiing. No notification, no refund, nothing.

    Imagine traveling from Finland to AK for a 7 day vacation and landing at Valdez to find out that Dean took your money and there is nobody in AK taking you skiing. Nothing like getting robbed of 10K and traveling half-around the world to get fucked. All you get is a 20 volume manifesto of straight-up cray-cray! That's what most prosecutors would consider felony fraud.

    I recommend that you watch him explain that the FBI, CIA, the Governor, Dean's staff, Powder Magazine, the FLDS church, Valdez, and the police are all conspiring to poison him and take his Lucky Charms and Assets. Good thing Detective Cummings is on to these ne'er-do-wells! They almost got away with it!

    So yeah, not sure how I have a grudge - this wack job did all of this to himself.
    Last edited by m28484; 05-25-2019 at 10:27 AM. Reason: clarity's sake

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,752
    I don't know how any one can actually sit through most of that. I got in maybe 6 minutes and had enough.

    It's interesting I guess. It looks like he's having some hard times. Is there some divorce going on in the mix? That shit can bring the worst out in good people but putting it all out there for public consumption? Ouch.

    Hopefully he can pull it back together.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,715
    Quote Originally Posted by m28484 View Post
    not sure how I have a grudge
    I’m not sure how you don’t.

    Fyi: since you’re new here, or appear to be, most of us have some in-person relationships with others here...so there’s usually a few degrees of separation at most between regular posters here.

    Since nobody knows you, and all you’ve done is show up and talk shit about Dean (not that the vids aren’t extremely troubling, let alone the talk about shafting clients), maybe you should explain who you are and what exactly is your relationship to this situation...and/or what’s the purpose of this thread you’ve started. If for no other reason than to maybe address the fact that you’re a stranger to us...whereas some of us have spent time with Dean.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,168
    Holy shit. He should have hired someone to do a concise synopsis at the start so people get some idea what the fuck he was trying to say.
    It's so hard to fit a whole picture scenario into his discourse. But youtube jumped a bunch of episodes, then I couldn't find any more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I’m not sure how you don’t.

    Fyi: since you’re new here, or appear to be, most of us have some in-person relationships with others here...so there’s usually a few degrees of separation at most between regular posters here.

    Since nobody knows you, and all you’ve done is show up and talk shit about Dean (not that the vids aren’t extremely troubling, let alone the talk about shafting clients), maybe you should explain who you are and what exactly is your relationship to this situation...and/or what’s the purpose of this thread you’ve started. If for no other reason than to maybe address the fact that you’re a stranger to us...whereas some of us have spent time with Dean.
    Any newbie who claims to have the scoop on someone we know can tend to appear to be grinding an ax. Do you know Dean?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,244
    has the same gripes as upallnight in this thread.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...thread-deleted

    did he do the deposit thing again this year, or is it still the 2008 thing?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I don't know how any one can actually sit through most of that. I got in maybe 6 minutes and had enough.
    Me too.

    In the car, in the dark, then parked at a gas station??!! That was like some tinfoil hat shit...but Mega-Corp will fuk over any and all small busniess for the almighty$$$$...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    But youtube jumped a bunch of episodes, then I couldn't find any more.
    All 20 episodes are available in order on his channel page. I went through them all for about an hour and listened at random. Pretty interesting stuff. His wife sounds like the insane one TBH, if what he's says is true.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/H2OGuides/videos

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by m28484 View Post
    Not sure how I have a grudge... This is Dean doing all of this to himself. People were showing up in Valdez all season after having paid a $10,000 deposit for a week of skiing. No notification, no refund, nothing.

    Imagine traveling from Finland to AK for a 7 day vacation and landing at Valdez to find out that Dean took your money and there is nobody in AK taking you skiing. Nothing like getting robbed of 10K and traveling half-around the world to get fucked. All you get is a 20 volume manifesto of straight-up cray-cray! That's what most prosecutors would consider felony fraud.

    I recommend that you watch him explain that the FBI, CIA, the Governor, Dean's staff, Powder Magazine, the FLDS church, Valdez, and the police are all conspiring to poison him and take his Lucky Charms and Assets. Good thing Detective Cummings is on to these ne'er-do-wells! They almost got away with it!

    So yeah, not sure how I have a grudge - this wack job did all of this to himself.
    This is the very definition of having a grudge. It may well be a totally justified grudge, but it is a grudge nonetheless.

    If you actually got shafted out of 10k I would suggest that pursuing legal action might be more fruitful than jonging up TGR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Retardbumville
    Posts
    585
    Tammy Wynette doesn't care if you Heli.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,715
    Spoiler alert: #20 just cuts off mid monologue like the rest, and there are no more, and it’s been 4 months...so...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Eagle River Alaska
    Posts
    10,908
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Alaska is gonna be the saddest though ;it is still kind of pristine - but you know Local Officials will keep welcoming more Tax income from these companies! it's hopeless-unless a city's citizens get to vote on these corporate invasions.
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA oh if only we collected tax income!
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,493
    #mentalhealth for everyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •