Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    terrorism basically with 5G and Blue Tooth once it’s in your cells …”

This is pretty cool.

Not the shooting and killing and the other insanity shit. But this is scifi paranoia book worthy. Interesting that people really get this far out.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

went to a Dean slideshow at our local little mountaineering shop. was a nice presentation the main thing I remember is to dig a lot of hasty pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Obviously there is lots of horrible about this, but that statement pretty much kills off any, no matter how slim, chance that he is/was thinking rationally.

One of my best friends has had his ups and downs, thankfully not like this. He was selling software for a very large company when he got canned a couple of years ago. He ended up suing them. The suit would have gotten him at most a few million. He became paranoid, at one point he thought that a weird guy who did an airbnb on a property he owned might have been a hitman sent by the company. The company in question was worth around 20 billion. I tried to explain to them that a fired software salesman who made around 200k a year and was suing them for a couple of million was not something that the CEO of this company would give a fuck about. He is doing better now, luckily he never got all THAT far down the rabbit hole, but when people get to that conspiracy level it can be scary. We had to tell our buddy over and over that to company XYZ he was simply not significant in that way. I broke it down for him: "Do you think the CEO of a company worth 20 billion is going to risk going to jail for the rest of his life so that XYZ does not have to pay you a couple million?" Hell, the CEO would not even be told about the lawsuit, it would be far too trivial for him to waste time. If my buddy had pictures of the CEO dumping a body that might be different, but obviously that was not the case. It took a while, but eventually it started to sink in. He has gotten some therapy and he is doing better, but we were scared for a bit there. Once people get that embedded in paranoid beliefs it can be tough to come back. This seems to be a sad, and scary, example of what can happen.

Condolences to all involved. There are not winners here.
    You might not think some things are possible but I knew of a guy who was a hitman for some iconic American companies. He went down while working for a guy who was basically the real Walter White. On another note, I had a friend whose ketamine and alcohol habit got out of control this last year and he was having delusions of a conspiracy against him. He finally cleaned up and is a different person.

dean cummings shot someone - i am sure valdeztelehead (matt) or what ever his handle was is not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You might not think some things are possible but I knew of a guy who was a hitman for some iconic American companies. He went down while working for a guy who was basically the real Walter White. On another note, I had a friend whose ketamine and alcohol habit got out of control this last year and he was having delusions of a conspiracy against him. He finally cleaned up and is a different person.
    Yeah, I get that it is possible, that it is plausible that a big corporation might do something, they just would not do it over a few million. The scale is much too small for them to care. I could see a big corporation knocking off a whistleblower if they were going to be outed for doing something that could destroy the company, but a 20 billion dollar company does not care a few million.

Interestingly enough my buddy was drinking heavily at this point and dabbling in another substance. We partied together a lot in my single days, but at that point the dabbling only happened a few times a year at most. Usually dabbling was reserved for vegas trips or special occasions, it was a 5 times a year thing, maybe 10 times if it was a big year for dabbling. My wife and I don't have kids, so we still go out occasionally, but I'm not on the party program the way I used to be. With him it got to a point where the dabbling was every weekend. He broke up with his fiancee, she dumped him when she caught him cheating for the 5th time, and was in a real tailspin. I would call him on Saturday at 10 am to see if he wanted to go surf Trestles and he would ALWAYS be too hungover. To be fair, I have missed plenty of surf sessions due to being hungover, even though surfing is a great hangover cure, but he had gotten to the point where he was almost never functional on Saturday or Sunday and even on Friday. It was different than when we had partied together. He has since gotten mostly clean, the dabbling is done and the drinking is greatly reduced. He, like your friend, is a different person.

In another incident around the time of the paranoia he thought one of his cars had been stolen. He had two cars, a Mercedes E 500 for dates and general driving around, at a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder as a surf car. The Pathfinder was actually a car I had sold him for a dollar, I drove it across the country summer before my sophmore year at UCSB and I had kept it after I stopped driving it regularly. I didn't want to scrap it and he needed a surf car so I sold it to him for a dollar and he put just enough money into it to use it. He used to park it on the street near his condo, the Mercedes went in the garage. He called me up one day and asked me to help him look for it, he was convinced it had been stolen on an evening when he was convinced someone had put something in his drink. He had thought he left it overnight where he was partying, he was actually good about not drinking and driving, and after a few days when he couldn't find it he was convinced it had been stolen by the same people he thought were stalking him. The car was eventually found a couple of streets over. He was in such a bad way at that point that he convinced that the people following him had stolen it to send a message, then left it a couple of streets away. I told him that he had probably parked it there and then forgotten he had parked it that far away, a much more plausible explanation. It is scary when people get that far down the rabbit hole.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Outside article. So fucking sad how mental illness is (not) addressed.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2421062/dean-cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post

wow...just wow...I knew the man. Never saw the "bad" side. Sure he was a cocky bastard, but that was his persona....24 years in AK is a good run, but not at the cost he's paying.....Mental health is a tricky road.

Meth induced psychosis

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Meth induced psychosis

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Psychosis, certainly, but no evidence in the article to suggest it is meth-induced.

MJ use combined with certain genetics is known to increase the risk and/or accelerate the onset of schizophrenia, particularly if you were a heavy user before your brain was fully developed. Still, no evidence to indicate his lifelong MJ use contributed to his mental break. The symptoms don't appear to have been accelerated. Head trauma / CTE could also be contributing factors.

Such a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Psychosis, certainly, but no evidence in the article to suggest it is meth-induced.

MJ use combined with certain genetics is known to increase the risk and/or accelerate the onset of schizophrenia, particularly if you were a heavy user before your brain was fully developed. Still, no evidence to indicate his lifelong MJ use contributed to his mental break. The symptoms don't appear to have been accelerated. Head trauma / CTE could also be contributing factors.

Such a tragedy.
    Yeah no mention of it, and truth be told (I didn't know him way back when), but I didn't know he was a heavy pot user.
    The part about hearing the teachers laughing at him was gut wrenching. Can't imagine hearing that as a kid.

I wish Dean the best of luck and hope he gets the help he needs and finds peace..

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeah no mention of it, and truth be told (I didn't know him way back when), but I didn't know he was a heavy pot user.
    The part about hearing the teachers laughing at him was gut wrenching. Can't imagine hearing that as a kid.

I wish Dean the best of luck and hope he gets the help he needs and finds peace..

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    I can only speak for myself, but many of us who are drawn to the mountains and skiing with a singular, "downright off-putting focus" (as I was once told) are doing so as a means of escaping childhood/adolescent trauma.

I chatted with him a handful of times when I was living in Alta, but he was always stoked, always laid down a big tip and would actually take 5 minutes to chat with me about where I had been skiing lately, what was filling in, etc.. Quadruple shot latte with frothed Half-n-half was his go to.

Hope he finds the solace and comfort he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Such a tragedy.
    Have a good friend that had a psychotic break smoking “diesel” weed.
    He’s better now, but that shit pushed him over the edge.
    Not anti weed, but shit is more potent these days. Ymmv
    . . .

Yeah, way more potent...like more than an order of magnitude. A lot of the studies need to be replicated w the new potency.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The article talks about him growing super strong strains in the 90s though. Strong strains don't seem new to Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    The article talks about him growing super strong strains in the 90s though. Strong strains don't seem new to Dean.
    no, but maybe it could be the culmination of years of use. idk. could also have nothing to do with the weed though i somewhat doubt it.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post

Tough read, thanks for posting it.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    no, but maybe it could be the culmination of years of use. idk. could also have nothing to do with the weed though i somewhat doubt it.
    I dont know man..I been smoking kind weed for over 30 years daily...Im not worried about people poisoning me or attempting to ruin/kill me.

This is psychotic break.

I dont know man..I been smoking kind weed for over 30 years daily...Im not worried about people poisoning me or attempting to ruin/kill me.

This is psychotic break.
    yeah, it does seem like it. either way, incredibly tragic. wish dean none but the best and hope he can find some peace and sanity.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    The Pathfinder was actually a car I had sold him for a dollar
    Somewhere, Bmills just had sudden unexplained splitting headache.

This is psychotic break.
    Your personal experience is completely irrelevant to Dean as is Core Shots story about his friend.

I see the weed use as more of a self medicating thing than the root of his mental problems.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Your personal experience is completely irrelevant to Dean as is Core Shots story about his friend.
    No I agree 100%, I just dont think that was the real issue. im thinking CTE personally, but hey....thats me..

I feel like there is too much emphasis on drugs and really no mention of the dozens of concussions he probably has had

Skied yesterday with a high school buddy. WE both knew Dean. His comment was "He charged hard". He did in all aspects.

Seeing those videos where he was talking about the world being against him seem to show a break with reality. Regardless of cause, it happened. He played soccer like a fiend, skied really hard in a pre helmet environment. It could have been a lot of things. What it certainly is, is sad. Sucks to see people fall hard, and to take another life with you compounds it all. From what I've heard from those around him in Alaska, it hit his family hard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    I feel like there is too much emphasis on drugs and really no mention of the dozens of concussions he probably has had
    Drugs and concussions are all important parts of the puzzle but don't complete the picture.