Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I don't know... aside from a lack of context, the things he is saying (in episode 1 anyway) are not really that crazy.
    In general I'd agree a lot of the people and companies aren't awesome people. What I question is how much of it happening to him is real. I mean it's not like the heli op was some sort of multi billion dollar industry. What's the motivation to "get him"? Admittedly I didn't watch all 20 episodes so maybe he explains it in there. I probably would've led the series with that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    In general I'd agree a lot of the people and companies aren't awesome people. What I question is how much of it happening to him is real. I mean it's not like the heli op was some sort of multi billion dollar industry. What's the motivation to "get him"? Admittedly I didn't watch all 20 episodes so maybe he explains it in there. I probably would've led the series with that.

The gist of what I got out of trying to grind through the whole 20 vids, in terms of motive(s) for wrongdoing, is that his operation was kind of a flypaper for rich people. So his clients were being targeted. Also, he seemed to identify some kind of real estate hustle around valdez where people were poisoned and/or got cancer and their homes left to decay, then fraudulent loans and renovations and shady shit.

I guess the motivation to get him would have been that he was going to expose or

It’s not really the craziest of the crazy...little green aliens abducting people or CIA microchips in his brain or chemtrails or flat earth or whatever... it’s more like there’s a pattern of people associated with Valdez and h2o getting cancer or diseases or divorces and having their assets pillaged in the chaos of their decline.

I think? I guess?...I mean, I might have to watch it all again to really sort it out. It’s not like it’s an easy watch. It’s a lot to process.

I stand by my original assessment: it's either true or it isn't, either way sucks pretty bad.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 05-26-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Also, m series op seems to have a grudge against Dean. Maybe a competitor?
    or one of many many names he throws around in videos #1 and #2. Some powerful families, wealth, communities and networks mentioned/represented there...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Wow.
    Anyone else feel like they were in the parking garage with Deep Throat?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Wow.
    Anyone else feel like they were in the parking garage with Deep Throat?
    It's very weird I'll give ya that.

The real question, as stated above, is who the fuck is filming this? That first episode was just hard to watch, publically self destructing like that is such a bummer.

2019 valdez city budget pretty rich
    looks like the valdez city attorney is making $1,650.000 a year.....MakerTM you're on notice to move to Valdeez...for pot of gold

City Manager's office 2.8 employees with $823K plus budget lol

looks like a place that needs some freeride systems jackets.....paid in full by city for every resident lol

imo Dean should get elected, get the big salary, close H20 and just own his own heli and not bring in all the dentists,thus keeping all the pow for his friends and family (sad about the health conditions of his son tho...vibes)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	val.png 
Views:	339 
Size:	316.5 KB 
ID:	283821
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

The 16' Steep life film, with the Jerry air on Mount Francis......

got sucked in watched a few episodes. I would have to read the phone book to rattle off that many names.
    Enjoyed the Jordan Pond episode. Know a few of the people mentioned so found it interesting.
    Was always friendly when I have spoken with him. I hope he gets his life back together, Dean if you are out there , lose the gut and read through this.https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Divorce-advice
    off your knees Louie

Dean Cummings went full-bore crazy

Guys a fucking rad skier who spent too much time with his crazy rich clients.

Happens everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So, have been sitting on the sidelines hesitating about posting, but without getting into it too much I will say that purely based on what people I know (who have firsthand knowledge and are involved in the AK heli industry) have said some of this (or maybe all of it) is not too surprising. I certainly hope the claims of money paid for heli time that didn't exist are untrue--haven't asked anyone, but I sure haven't heard about that happening. At least that part I would find surprising.

The few times I've spoken with Dean (long ago) he definitely seemed like a good guy and someone who'd be fun to ski with. Curious to know what's up, but it would seem to be the type of thing best handled off camera. Not sure why anyone (let alone Dean) felt the need to make this an internet thing. Except that just seems to be how these things go these days.

Valdez is awesome [/captainobvious].
    [quote][//quote]

I'm surprised to not hear Matt Kinney mentioned...

Skied with H2O on 2014. Dean was our guide. Snow sucked the whole trip. He entertained us the whole time. He invited us on a guide training excursion to a glacier lake. He let me and my buddy ride his snowmobile all day. He was our personal guide on one of our days. I have never felt more comfortable in sketchy condition. Felt safe the entire time. Never forget when we were in one of “the books”. He went first, took two turns, looked up at us and said, “Boys, this is gonna suck. Take your time and get down.” Never been more focused in the mountains in my life.

Their set up in Valdez was great. No issues. They did the best they could with the conditions. Very professional.

Maybe things have changed. Climate likely making things harder. Warmer, more rain events, competition. It’s not easy.

Not sure what has gone down on the last five years, but that’s my take.

Forgot to add we wanted a “Saigon” style helicopter ride back to base one day and got all we asked for. Never thought a helicopter could do what the pilot did. Probably wasn’t even close to the edge. A massive smile and stoke left on our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I certainly hope the claims of money paid for heli time that didn't exist are untrue--haven't asked anyone, but I sure haven't heard about that happening. At least that part I would find surprising. [/captainobvious].
    Check out the recent reviews on his company facebook page. Definitely stiffed a bunch of folks for big bucks...

https://www.facebook.com/H2OGuides/

Well, that sucks. Like I said, I am not intent on stirring this pot, but for further evidence of Dean's highly questionable business practices:

https://www.powder.com/stories/news/permit-wars/

Pretty douchey, if you ask me. And it does seem he took people's money without any way to deliver...at the very least you'd think he could have informed these people that they'd be traveling to AK without any hope of getting what they paid for. Really disappointing (if not 100% shocking).
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    The gist of what I got out of trying to grind through the whole 20 vids, in terms of motive(s) for wrongdoing, is that his operation was kind of a flypaper for rich people. So his clients were being targeted. Also, he seemed to identify some kind of real estate hustle around valdez where people were poisoned and/or got cancer and their homes left to decay, then fraudulent loans and renovations and shady shit.

I guess the motivation to get him would have been that he was going to expose or

It’s not really the craziest of the crazy...little green aliens abducting people or CIA microchips in his brain or chemtrails or flat earth or whatever... it’s more like there’s a pattern of people associated with Valdez and h2o getting cancer or diseases or divorces and having their assets pillaged in the chaos of their decline.

I think? I guess?...I mean, I might have to watch it all again to really sort it out. It’s not like it’s an easy watch. It’s a lot to process.

I stand by my original assessment: it's either true or it isn't, either way sucks pretty bad.
    -there is a different piece of the story in the shadows-

He apparently got in the middle of high stakes corporate real estate schemes... the types who pay back door lobby fees for their plans to get implemented.

They could have easily blocked Dean's ability to work his Heli season.. he must be under cyberattacks ,or he wouldn't be filming on a phone>he'd be on a internet cam.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is found hanging in a closet ,with some smear story about him..and "no evidence of foul play"

Not defending him...the business tactics he is using for forest service access look pretty foul .
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA oh if only we collected tax income!
    no way??? AK has a tax free corporate enviornment?? that breeds a lot of competition and attracts some fishy players,if true
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by m28484 View Post
    Not sure how I have a grudge having paid a $10,000 deposit for a week of skiing. No notification, no refund, nothing.

I recommend that you .
    Sorry you lost your coin brah, I recommend you say who you are or get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Sorry you lost your coin brah, I recommend you say who you are or get the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by m28484 View Post
    Not sure how I have a grudge... This is Dean doing all of this to himself. People were showing up in Valdez all season after having paid a $10,000 deposit for a week of skiing. No notification, no refund, nothing.
    f.
    I think it's kind of weird you edited his post into the first person. It was never clear that he was talking about himself. Maybe he was, but seems like you're framing something that may or may not be there. This is enough of a train wreck without that kind of spin

Comes across as pretty clear paranoid delusions IMO (as an outsider with no bias). How the hell is a small heli op in AK going to attract that type of massive conspiracy? Chemicals, poison etc.

Sad to listen to.

Never mind. Don’t want to wade into this

People paid 10k and he straight-up no-showed them? I'm honesty surprised he isn't buried in a hole somewhere. How has he not been arrested? (I didn't make it past 90 seconds on that video)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    People paid 10k and he straight-up no-showed them? I'm honesty surprised he isn't buried in a hole somewhere. How has he not been arrested? (I didn't make it past 90 seconds on that video)
    This

You can't screw very many people out of 5 figures before someone fucks you up good
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Just dropping in to suggest that someone send Deano the link to this fine thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Comes across as pretty clear paranoid delusions IMO (as an outsider with no bias). How the hell is a small heli op in AK going to attract that type of massive conspiracy? Chemicals, poison etc.

Sad to listen to.
    Maybe so but this could be one hell of a multi-seasonal Netflix drama series. Dean needs pitch this whole thing to some producers.
    dirtbag, not a dentist