Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Name:  Image1668009251.190452.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  48.5 KB
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Not Guilty also means Not Guilty which also means he may equally be innocent in what occurred. Feel free to watch the trial. The State Troopers and Sandoval County Sheriffs did a negligent job, little testing that they should have done, no shooting reconstruction which they should have done, didn’t test the obvious liquid on both sides of the gun, didn’t do DNA testing on the scope or barrel etc. This took away 2 years and 7 months of a talented skier’s life. Maybe he will be up in Alaska again soon starting a new operation. Time will tell.

so you’re saying he did it and got away with it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I’ll ski with Gepeto anytime !
    Quoted for fucking truth! Gepeto is a good dude in my books. He can come visit any time. Butt flake, you can stay home. Beater.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity and Respect View Post
    Not Guilty also means Not Guilty which also means he may equally be innocent in what occurred. Feel free to watch the trial. The State Troopers and Sandoval County Sheriffs did a negligent job, little testing that they should have done, no shooting reconstruction which they should have done, didn’t test the obvious liquid on both sides of the gun, didn’t do DNA testing on the scope or barrel etc. This took away 2 years and 7 months of a talented skier’s life. Maybe he will be up in Alaska again soon starting a new operation. Time will tell.
    Or maybe he'll end up in another meth riddled god forsaken travesty of a Human settlement and shoot more agents of the great conspiracy who want to spray him with nano mind control substances.

Time will tell.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I just hope there's a Netflix series, documentary and/or movie telling the story.

Time will tell.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Good pulp for a Dateline episode

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    at this point, how is this not on dateline?

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    FKNA right?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity and Respect View Post
    You say that as if it was a bad thing for Dean.

The reason Dean is walking free is because LE and the prosecutor did not do their jobs.

It seems that the victim's family did not pressure the prosecutor's office for a conviction. Ultimately you have a guy in the throes of a mental health crisis that kills a guy with a drug problem, signs of a struggle and no motive, no witness. Not a lot of public service in pursuing a conviction. Probably should have been a lesser charge, involuntary manslaughter, as Dean according to his own testimony provoked the attack and then shot and killed Guillermo with Dean's weapon left out and available. A jury of your peers out there probably just doesn't want LE involved period. 2 years and 7 months seemed like a pretty small price to pay for taking a man's life. It also appeared from his testimony in court that he has gotten the help he needed while in custody. Hopefully he will continue to treat his illness on the outside.

Screwing the pooch is pretty common common for New Mexico LE and prosecution. Not to say DC did or didn’t commit the alleged crime. Time will tell.

I spittled on my screen

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Or maybe he'll end up in another meth riddled god forsaken travesty of a Human settlement and shoot more agents of the great conspiracy who want to spray him with nano mind control substances.

Time will tell.

What will become of Dean now? Will he plummet back into a deep, mental health crisis again or receive the help and medication to keep him on the straight and arrow? Will he be able to rebuild a life worth living after all of this?

Only........

Time.

Will.

Tell.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Quoted for fucking truth!... He can come visit any time...
    at some point your better half will ask "when is he leaving "

as to Dean - on the fence... don't know the man. But, by any measuring he got a new long term lease.

do better
    Last edited by Gepeto; 11-09-2022 at 08:46 PM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    What will become of Dean now? Will he plummet back into a deep, mental health crisis again or receive the help and medication to keep him on the straight and arrow? Will he be able to rebuild a life worth living after all of this?

Only........

Time.

Will.

Tell.
    You forgot pos thief

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    so you’re saying he did it and got away with it
    It's unfortunate this is how Americans view not guilty verdicts. In reality, there are many more innocent people who end up with "guilty" than guilty people who end up "not guilty." But we have a hang em, schadenfreude culture in this country.

I haven't read the facts of this case, and frankly, don't care about them. But when I read someone got a not guilty verdict based on self defense, I don't immediately think "he got away with it" as so many here do. I think Dean killed someone but ultimately, the jury felt the killing was justified under the law, making it legal. I respect the decision of the 12 jurors who came to this conclusion because unlike anyone here, they actually have heard ALL of the evidence in the case, and were instructed to apply the facts to the applicable New Mexican law.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I haven't read the facts of this case, and frankly, don't care about them. But when I read someone got a not guilty verdict based on self defense, I don't immediately think "he got away with it" as so many here do. I think Dean killed someone but ultimately, the jury felt the killing was justified under the law, making it legal. I respect the decision of the 12 jurors who came to this conclusion because unlike anyone here, they actually have heard ALL of the evidence in the case, and were instructed to apply the facts to the applicable New Mexican law.
    And you know this how? Is that what a not guilty verdict means?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ooooooh lawyer fight!!

Jfc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

I’m saving my popcorn for the civil lawsuit.

Just like OJ

The victims heirs are going to get all Deans trophies.

I can't speak to NM specifically, but let's remember than in most of the US self-defense is a pretty low bar. See the recent Katie Quakenbush verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’m saving my popcorn for the civil lawsuit.

Just like OJ

The victims heirs are going to get all Deans trophies.
    I don't think attorneys work on contingency for trophies.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    I don't think attorneys work on contingency for trophies.
    Fact. The very first question any attorney considering a contingency fee case is who will pay the judgment. If nobody will, there is simply no case.

It seems like Dean had been dealing with mental health issues for many years and pissed people off, burned bridges and sometimes worse along the way. I don't think at his core he's a bad person but definitely has his own problems. Whatever happened that day that this man died will unfortunately never be known by anyone other than him. Whatever happened it was a fucked up situation that could have been avoided, especially if help for people struggling with mental health issues was more readily available.

It's not our place to judge him on this incident. We just don't know what really happened. His take on the events was solid and he sounded grounded while on the stand. Hopefully he gets the help he has needed for a good long while and can create some sort of meaningful life from here on out.

Maybe he was a POS thief. Maybe he was in a desperate situation that pivoted him to make extremely bad situations but in reality, we are all 138.

As far as trophies go.....doesn't everyone get those these days? But seriously, I don't think Dean has much left. He was living in a trailer and this whole thing was over a dispute about him living there or purchasing the thing.

He's a ski hero from the late 80's into the 90's and I hope the best for him.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And you know this how? Is that what a not guilty verdict means?
    There is really only three defenses to murder (or any form of assault). One is, I didn't do it, someone else did (OJ's defense). Two is, I did it, but it was an accident (Alec Baldwin defense). And three is, I did it, but I did it in self defense. Dean was arguing self defense. He testified he blew that guy's brains away, and he did so intentionally. So the only possible way a jury can come back not guilty is to find that the prosecutor failed to prove that Dean did not act in self defense, beyond a reasonable doubt. That's how I know this.

Up here in Washington, after the jury told the judge they found Dean not guilty, the judge would say, I have a surprise for you guys. I now have another question to ask you. Did Dean act in self defense? And if you find Dean acted in self defense, that means the State has to pay Dean for "reasonable cost of legal fees and expenses involved in his defense as well as for loss of time."

I have seen juries come back not guilty when the only possible way to get a not guilty is that the defendant acted in self defense, and then, inexplicably, come back and say NO, the defendant didn't act in self defense for that second question. This is a legal impossibility, but the court still allows it (because that is what the jury found). But what is really going on there is the jury found not guilty because of self defense. But then when told the State has to pay the defendant money, they change their mind. That's why you only spring this second question on the jury AFTER they found not guilty (so as not to affect their verdict). More info here if you are curious about this law:

https://govt.westlaw.com/wcrji/Docum...a=(sc.Default)