Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I guess along those lines, Micol....There was a set of the ginormously wide h20 pow skis unmounted at skitrucks in March during BBIU19.

I'll listen to that new link.
    If that summary is accurate, it's really sad. This seems like maybe that very dangerous period after somebody's paranoid schizophrenia overwhelms them and before that process is under some form of management. I hope this stage comes to an end soon before anyone gets hurt. These are the times when somebody gets shot because they're an "agent"....or the voices tell you to...whatever...or the whole mental house of cards collapses and there's a suicide. The wild period between being a functional, untreated, free adult in society with cars and guns and credit cards and having all those assets and mobility and access to weapons with active delusional processes in place is especially frightening to me as my schizophrenic dad shot up my step family when I was a kid. Clearly it's not a given something awful will happen, but I'm just saying there's a real risk of truly catastrophic events (way beyond some lost heli-ski deposits) in these situations. I hope somehow someone can reach through and try to get a handle on this and make sure Dean and his family, and....like....the public, or whatever, are kept safe.

Obviously I'm more afraid of schizophrenic breaks than the average person. I just hope somebody can do something to get Dean some help. Nobody chooses for their brain tissue to malfunction, it is a scary disease.

Well said Yeti. And if those new sound bites were straight from Dean I’ll eat my previous words. Just have seen a lot of people and companies called out here without good reason so I’m slow to jump on the bandwagon.

Dean Cummings went full-bore crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I just hope somebody can do something to get Dean some help. Nobody chooses for their brain tissue to malfunction, it is a scary disease.
    Yeah, it is easy to feel sympathy when you see someone with a broken leg. It should be just as easy to feel the same level of sympathy for someone with a broken brain. But it isn't, and that is wrong. Look at people donating for Gaffneys cancer treatment, how is this different ?

Listening to that radio interview, he is obviously intelligent and well spoken. But then he starts casually talking about how he was "chipped" and you realize he is not right. I hope he gets help.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

just kno... my post not mint to be jumping on bandwagon against dean, i dont know him, i watched all the previous vids he made linked in this thread, i could connect some dots... some not, have witnessed tough stuff ppl go thru first hand...hope all goes well for him in future...saw the jackets a week ago b4 the latest updates posted here, tried one on...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    But then he starts casually talking about how he was "chipped" and you realize he is not right. I hope he gets help.

this , ive not watched yet....would prolly fall under non connecting dots for me
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

cancer treatment, how is this different ?
    It could well be brain cancer.
    It could be a cyst. I knew an really, really odd guy at work...I remembered him being a normal kid in the neighborhood growing up, nice family, normal brother. Eventually I found out he’d had a large cyst removed from his brain. He had a big head scar I never noticed because I wasn’t looking that closely.

Let’s not forget people who skied hard in Dean’s heyday, especially mogul comp skiers, took a lot of head hits too. CTE is a real thing.

Dean Cummings went full-bore crazy

It was pretty scary to watch late-onset schizophrenia hit my uncle in his 50s. He seems really normal in conversation and then throws out 1-2 sentences truly off the rails at random moments, like telling me not to touch the dust on his dashboard because it’s actually poison dust planted by ‘them’. Its really sad. On his meds, he’s completely normal, but if he stops taking them, which he does from time to time, you’ll know. His illness has led to some dangerous and scary situations, so the impact isn’t always just isolated to him unfortunately. Its been devastating to his finances as well, as, like Dean, he’s been an outdoor guide all his life. But you just can’t put your blind trust in him like that anymore. I always have to double check stuff when we go climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    just kno... my post not mint to be jumping on bandwagon against dean, i dont know him, i watched all the previous vids he made linked in this thread, i could connect some dots... some not, have witnessed tough stuff ppl go thru first hand...hope all goes well for him in future...saw the jackets a week ago b4 the latest updates posted here, tried one on...
    Wasn’t calling you out at all brotha man just so not to be misconstrued.

I do think it sucks though an m series Jong supposedly from Houston can choose to make a spectacle out of a legend like Dean. I’ve never even met the Dean but I’m sure he hooked a lot of people up. Made a pretty penny off others and maybe a shitty business man, but all in all, thread sucks. I happen to know a bit about friends and fam falling ill, as do you.

Fucking sucks a human can be a rock star one day and a clown the next.
    Humans kinda suck.

Yeah, it is easy to feel sympathy when you see someone with a broken leg. It should be just as easy to feel the same level of sympathy for someone with a broken brain. But it isn't, and that is wrong. Look at people donating for Gaffneys cancer treatment, how is this different ?
    Gaffney is a standup guy. Dean does not seem to be. Maybe he does have something that is affecting his brain now but he ripped folks off back in 2009 as well.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Name:  Theychippedyoubro.jpg
Views: 2861
Size:  59.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Gaffney is a standup guy. Dean does not seem to be. Maybe he does have something that is affecting his brain now but he ripped folks off back in 2009 as well.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't know either of them personally, I have just seen both in ski movies. I was making a more general point about the way mental illness is viewed by our society.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I met Dean in Denver back in '96, he was definitely one of the guys I looked up to. He and Seth Morrison were just hanging on the sidewalk in front of Gart's. I was pretty star struck at the time and super pumped to have a conversation with them.
    Super sad to listen to that latest interview. The volume of conspiracy theories and name dropping was insane. The claims in the last 8 minutes were nuts between employees of his being murdered to Kent Krietler running a real estate scam in South America. I can't take the stance one way or the other on what is true and what isn't but it makes me sad either way, I would wish this on no one.

the FFTI folks are off the rails
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Just read through this whole thread... haven’t yet listened to anything.

So I’m wondering... is it safe to live in Valdez or..? Cause it seems like a pretty sick place to spend sometime besides all of this.

I wonder at what point Kent Kreitler was inducted into the syndicate... do they have a ritual? Get a chip implanted? Take mindcontrol drugs?

Valdez has always been sketchy. That's always been the case with the women of Valdez But less now that the Pipeline Club is closed.

Had coffee with dean

Just had coffee with dean last week here in Colorado, he told me the whole story & to me it sounded like it was his business partners & wife that left the clients on the hook for the $ ! Dean was guiding while they were in the office,

Quote Originally Posted by phavoc77 View Post
    Just had coffee with dean last week here in Colorado, he told me the whole story & to me it sounded like it was his business partners & wife that left the clients on the hook for the $ ! Dean was guiding while they were in the office,
    Knew it was all their fault!

Thanks Dean for clearing that up. Maybe have some coffee with the USFS next.

Whoa.
    LSD is more real than any point of time in your last decade, Dean.
    Go back to nature.
    Forget about all else.
    Peace in your mind...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

First post ever
    Only post to date
    =
    Joined just to post this
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Were any of them learning how to use punctuation correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Thanks Dean for clearing that up. Maybe have some coffee with the USFS next.
    He should probably stick to some herbal tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    He should probably stick to some herbal tea.
    And if that doesn't work, try drain cleaner.

Non-ironic, non-joke, actual thoughts and prayers from me to Dean.
    Hoping for some better news.