Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Sounds like he's getting stuff out there before he is killed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    People paid 10k and he straight-up no-showed them? I'm honesty surprised he isn't buried in a hole somewhere. How has he not been arrested? (I didn't make it past 90 seconds on that video)
    Second time too. Happened before in 2009. He blamed it on the Redoubt volcano at the time despite other ops flying with little problems.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...thread-deleted
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Sounds like he's getting stuff out there before he is killed, right?
    Yeah, kinda.

I gather from the vids that his ex-wife is from a family who scares him.

again, either it's real or it's not....both scenarios are awful in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yeah, kinda.

I gather from the vids that his ex-wife is from a family who scares him.

again, either it's real or it's not....both scenarios are awful in different ways.
    Seems like maybe she could help him out being a 'problem solver'. doh!
    Karen Cummings
    Operational Problem Solver

https://www.linkedin.com/in/karenscummings

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Seems like maybe she could help him out being a 'problem solver'. doh!
    Karen Cummings
    Operational Problem Solver

So from what I understand from the videos Dean married into a mormon family that is doing mormon things, i.e. taking over local governments to drive out outsiders and secure entire communities as mormon communities. He got sideways with said family when it turned out that his wife was crazy and when his relationship with her started to break down they have used their positions in local government to make his life hell.

My brother married into an RLDS family in 2009. I've seen him a total of 3 times for a cumulative amount of about 4 hours since then. It certainly seems like he is being held hostage in a way. Not sure if Dean's experience is similar, but I definitely could see there being some parallels.

^didnt he mention flds? that's even worse and where the real crazy happens

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    ^didnt he mention flds? that's even worse and where the real crazy happens
    She has this in her profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/chr...ering_position

I just read that lady's resume.

Now I feel gross. I don't feel badly talking about a public figure in our sport, wondering if he's OK, wondering about the future of a significant heli operator...etc. I feel a little gross zeroing in on details of his wife (ex wife?...I dunno).

I'm going to hope somehow somebody just materializes here who can say how this was all some kind of misunderstanding...haha, we got you, practical joke...or something. It's all real unsettling.

If duder is experiencing a psychiatric problem (and, you know, these things happen. Brain cancer happens, schizophrenia happens), I really feel for this woman and children (having experienced this scenario with my dad as a child). I hope having this thread on here and on google and stuff doesn't make this woman's life any harder.

I wish there was something I could do. It doesn't really seem like there's anything.

Ah, she has it out there specifically posted for public consumption. He pretty much says she is part of his issue...I think...so to be fair to Dean you have to question or wonder about her involvement in his issues.

FLDS is insane by definition and would make anyone involved with them nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    So from what I understand from the videos Dean married into a mormon family that is doing mormon things, i.e. taking over local governments to drive out outsiders and secure entire communities as mormon communities. He got sideways with said family when it turned out that his wife was crazy and when his relationship with her started to break down they have used their positions in local government to make his life hell.

My brother married into an RLDS family in 2009. I've seen him a total of 3 times for a cumulative amount of about 4 hours since then. It certainly seems like he is being held hostage in a way. Not sure if Dean's experience is similar, but I definitely could see there being some parallels.
    Reading up on the differences the RLDS seems way less mormony. A diluted version of John Smith's ideas without any influence from Brigham Young.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...ter-day_Saints

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    FLDS is insane by definition and would make anyone involved with them nuts
    How is it tied in? I'm guessing he goes into it during one of the movies but his wife seems to be Community of Christ at least by her linkedin.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post

How is it tied in? I'm guessing he goes into it during one of the movies but his wife seems to be Community of Christ at least by her linkedin.
    He mentions FLDS and fundamental Christians several times. He goes through a list of addresses in Valdez that was given to him by a heating oil delivery guy. The delivery guy thought the deliveries were suspicious due to the small amounts and high frequency of deliveries. Cummings hired the guy to help him move some furniture and the guy told him the story. Delivery guy suspected he was suicidal due to handling contaminated oil (and later promoted within the oil company after complaining to his boss about it).

So the homes with the suspicious deliveries are associated with suspicious illnesses where one or more family members end up dying. In some cases Cummings is purporting that if the remaining spouse is corruptible they can be brought in to the pyramid fund, get a new FLDS spouse, and then become involved in some kind of mortgage scam.

Too bad he doesn’t have a sample of the contaminated heating oil. The heating oil part of his story reminds me of this story...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fateful_Harvest.

He also blames the 2009 Redoubt volcano issue that you mentioned above on his wife and another employee(s) who provided him with false information about the airport. He also claims that a client (Big Al?) from a skiing magazine falsely corroborated the airport closure. Since he was busy guiding at the time he claims he was able to be fooled. I think that was the start of him being embezzled out of $300k.

Anyway. I recommend listening to all twenty. Don’t really need to watch.

Might have something to do with a case of wife beating/domestic violence:

https://records.courts.alaska.gov/ea...*neXEGax2lj-OA

Nothing like beating up your wife. Pretty sure it doesn't matter what your faith/religion is. Pretty rotten in every regard.

You can also find wonderfully slimy stuff in the AK court records like this:

https://records.courts.alaska.gov/ea...Zjk2822OJNsvwQ

This one gives a long-term protective order due to Domestic Violence:

https://records.courts.alaska.gov/ea...wtaNn7zq2csLOw

Seriously, who beats their wife? Same guy that advertizes heli skiing, takes your money, and has no intention of taking you skiing/giving you your money back. You get kicked in the balls as well - financially and metaphysically.

can't see any of those. just get redirected to the home page. pretty sure your search probably comes with a cookie that we don't have.

Yup, can't see it.

Most woman going into an ugly divorce will be advised by their lawyer to get a protective order against their husband before court proceedings get under way. It's a classic move to make the father look bad. Divorce and custody battles are just ugly things that bring the very worst out in people.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Dayum, hope all works out for Deano.

Sounds like heisfukd.
    watch out for snakes

Protective order is not the same as a guilty verdict for domestic violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by m28484 View Post
    This one gives a long-term protective order due to Domestic Violence:

https://records.courts.alaska.gov/ea...wtaNn7zq2csLOw

Seriously, who beats their wife? Same guy that advertizes heli skiing, takes your money, and has no intention of taking you skiing/giving you your money back. You get kicked in the balls as well - financially and metaphysically.
    You may not be a wife beater but you are a fucking scumbag troll, let's be clear about this.

Butta might be right about these M Jongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Butta might be right about these M Jongs.
    Through actions alone this "M" series OP has an axe to grind...
    Lacking context or anything beyond hearsay and supposition, anything they post should be taken with an enormous grain of salt (stating the obvious I know).

I have no side in this strange tale, but find it odd that several of you shoot the messenger in, it appears, a de facto defense of DC.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Reading up on the differences the RLDS seems way less mormony. A diluted version of John Smith's ideas without any influence from Brigham Young.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...ter-day_Saints

I can't speak for the dogma, but I can tell you from anecdotal personal experience that RLDS are crazy. It's not like the mormon's weren't bat shit before Brigham Young took over. By the time they got to Illinois, the mormons had been kicked out of several places they had tried to set up shop- New York, Ohio and Arkansas. They'd get run out of one place and then set up shop in the next- i.e. trying to take over local governments, running smear campaigns against local opposition, etc.

Josepth Smith was killed by local militia/ vigilantes after he and his followers burned down a printing press/newspaper for printing true stories about him. The Illinois locals and US government weren't going to let them get away with their shit again, so they had to leave Illinois. The group ended up split- about 2/3rd followed Brigham Young out of the US to Utah (which wasn't part of the US at the time) and 1/3rd branched off and followed Joseph Smith's first wife and oldest son to Missouri where they became the RLDS. They ran the same mormon playbook of taking over the local government, etc. Basically it's all the same shit that Dean claims to be up against. They also had a lot of the same problems as the rest of the mormons- birth defects due to rampant intergenerational inbreeding, etc.

My brother married into the RLDS and has been cut off from my mostly secular family. His wife's family extended family had a plethora of inherited diseases, mental illness and physical birth defects- the aftermath of ~150 years of fierce isolationism and probably inbreeding in the RLDS community.

My sister in law and her immediate family are now apparently out of the RLDS, but some of the same crazy shit is definitely still happening- rampant distrust of outsiders, isolationism, etc. From what I can tell my brother is massively pussy whipped (he waited until marriage) and will do anything and everything to stay married.

If Dean is a little less agreeable than my brother I could see him getting massively sideways with the RLDS/ Community of Christ extended family of his ex wife. They have 150+ years experience of running smear campaigns and taking over local governments. It sounds like a massive conspiracy, but to me it is definitely believable given my exposure to that world.

That is completely plausible Hell, I know more than a few standard variety Mormons that sent their kids out on vandalism missions against perceived enemies of the church, so add in extra crazy of the rlds or flds which are both more fringey and his conspiracy rant could be real even tho it sounds nutso