Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Cool ^^ I just finished fixing the undermined edges of the cork soles on some birkenstocks

Also its paddling/ rescuecourse season as the rivers open up so i was fixing dry suits last week
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thank you for the tutorial XXX-er. I got a bit overzealous picking up my freshly tuned skis with my FTP mitts on and gave myself a repair opportunity. I pulled the Aquaseal out of the freezer (had fixed a hiking shoe previously), warmed it, peeled back the slice with a toothpick and placed AQS in with another toothpick. Iím happy with the result.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5E0D0607-330C-4F74-9C69-A15DC136AA03.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	840.5 KB 
ID:	410598

sounds like you did it right, It looks like you also put something over the AQS while it cured to give the fairly smooth finish

every out door person should have a tube of AQS to fix their stuff
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-24-2022 at 09:44 AM.

I used the recommended plastic bag for this.

Fix your own fucking gear with Aqua seal eh

My tent says 40D silicone polyester on the website for the floor.

https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/produ...SABEgKrp_D_BwE

There are some abrasions that let light through but itís not a full breach. I think I can paint over them with some adhesive and call it good.

Am I right to think I should get the seam grip +sil or will regular AQS work? Silicone caulk from Loweís?

Also, can I dilute it with everclear? I donít have a need for a pint of toxic mineral spirits. I only need maybe an ounce of total solution and probably apply 1/10th of that.

Also my rain jacket is the same material as the tent so if I have extra proper adhesive it could be handy.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I can confirm that regular AS does not stick to silicon treated tents, but the +sil version works great. Not sure how to cut it. I'd just go full strength.

Regular 100% silicone caulk sticks to sil poly/nylon. Dilution with mineral spirits is great for seam sealing so that it spreads nicely, but you can use it full strength too. It will just be gloppy.

Mineral spirits is necessary for deep cleaning bike chains prior to applying queso, so you'd be all set for that.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I can tell you aqs/ shoogoo/ seam grip are all just liquid ureathane made by Gear aid in various consistencies depending on app but I got no idea what your situation requires, so maybe post up whatever you do

mineral spirits AKA white gas does an amazing job of cleaning a chain, every speck of dirt or grease will be gone