Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    I been telling ever one for 5 pages that this shit is bomber for repairs so if you do it right why would it not be ?

The Fire Dept's and SAR orgs have been busy out doing training and fucking up their dry suits so I'm getting lotsa work just about every week
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have a pretty ugly patch on my raft that was done by the former owner, it it always had a slow leak and after a couple days it would need to be topped off. It would need some extensive work to repair properly so I never replaced it but I was able to slow the leak then stop it with Aquaseal by putting a shopvac on the valve and sucking Aquaseal into the leak. it's been good for 14? years.
    it's the red/black NRS on the trailer
    Name:  raft stack.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  99.6 KB

Thats impressive length of time for any repair patch.

I don't know when the original repair was done (somebody backed into it with a hot tailpipe) but it's a '94 and that was the only leak in the tubes. the floor has a few repairs though (nothing more than pinholes).

thats a pretty impressive showing for AQS cuz I don't think its what is recommended for repairing rafts, I don't know much about rafts and I have never done any repairs on them

Is that Booners chick in the red?

OK so i imagine the birky wearing dentists on this forum bill so much $$$ they can afford to just thro them out after one wearing BUT if the stocks are in the tiolet so you need to deal with the breakdown of the cork try AQS

this pair is maybe 10 yrs old, used almost exclusively in the house, the places that birkys breakdown are around the edges of the sole and the sole cracks under the ball of the foot

you can see where i slathered AQS around the edges to fix the cork breaking down quite a while ago and I jammed some under the ball of the foot which you can't really see

you can buy a specific latex glue product from birky to slatehr on the sides of the cork when it breaks down, which looks nice as new but AQS works pretty good (this pict is of an old application ) and I think AQS would be better to fix the broken sole under the ball of the foot problem

Name:  birkyfix.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  62.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    OK so i imagine the birky wearing dentists on this forum bill so much $$$ they can afford to just thro them out after one wearing BUT if the stocks are in the tiolet so you need to deal with the breakdown of the cork try AQS

this pair is maybe 10 yrs old, used almost exclusively in the house, the places that birkys breakdown are around the edges of the sole and the sole cracks under the ball of the foot

you can see where i slathered AQS around the edges to fix the cork breaking down quite a while ago and I jammed some under the ball of the foot which you can't really see

you can buy a specific latex glue product from birky to slatehr on the sides of the cork when it breaks down, which looks nice as new but AQS works pretty good (this pict is of an old application ) and I think AQS would be better to fix the broken sole under the ball of the foot problem

Name:  birkyfix.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  62.2 KB
    Well hot damn, Iím no dentist but I was gifted some a year ago and I just noticed them separating at that flex point. AQS time no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums