Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    What led you this conclusion? I'm not seeing it. Uphill running, whether on dirt or concrete, would provide better physiologic base for ski-related activity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    dynamic weight changes and sighting lines, i'm guessing. running uphill you stop and rest you are fine. running downhill in talus you are potentially fucked if you try and stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    What led you this conclusion? I'm not seeing it. Uphill running, whether on dirt or concrete, would provide better physiologic base for ski-related activity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Eccentric loading. Skiing and downhill running are the two most eccentric-dominant sports I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Eccentric loading. Skiing and downhill running are the two most eccentric-dominant sports I know.
    I agree with this. I've known plenty of sub 3 hour marathon runners who lack the legs to go top to bottom. Downhill running is great for the ski legs and vice versa.

Class V kayaking...creek or big water is how I used to go into flow state. Theres a 15 mile run north of here you could lose yourself for 3-4 hours on.

The problem its not something you can just do once in awhile and Ive grown away from it. Id like to say I could commit to getting back into it but I wont. It would be nice to find something like that feeling that you could do sporadically.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Class V kayaking...creek or big water is how I used to go into flow state. Theres a 15 mile run north of here you could lose yourself for 3-4 hours on.

The problem its not something you can just do once in awhile and Ive grown away from it. Id like to say I could commit to getting back into it but I wont. It would be nice to find something like that feeling that you could do sporadically.
    Honestly the best bet might be some video game. I know it's not the same but I can't think of anything else that you might be able to do sporadically without risk of injury from not doing it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Honestly the best bet might be some video game. I know it's not the same but I can't think of anything else that you might be able to do sporadically without risk of injury from not doing it enough.
    Have you tried furious masturbation?

Sporadically?

Make sure it's furious though.

religiously

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    If you sporadically and furiously masturbate, you will get injured and it ain't pretty.

Brutah, speaking from experience?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

He moved back to the city after the injury. Had to find something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    suggest you stop before you go blind

so maybe just until you need glasses ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellsc...n=GEPC%253Ds30

In the search for eight missing climbers on India's second highest mountain, rescuers have salvaged seven bodies. Another missing person at Nanda Devi in ​​the Himalayas is still wanted, as the district administration in Pithoragarh announced on Monday.

Eight climbers from Britain, the United States, Australia and India have been missing since May 24. The group wanted to climb an unclimbed peak of the 7817 meter high mountain when it was hit by an avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Warren Witherell, from 1972, on a very similar topic (begins with "Consider running..." halfway down page 17). Witherell was amazing, you should know about him if you don't.

https://books.google.com/books?id=ea...unning&f=false
    Warren is a legend around these parts.
    I discovered this training technique on my own back in the day (20's). Running down the rocky trails of Mt Pisgah, Burke, and Bald Mtns really helped with coordination and staying light on my feet. If you did it correctly it was less impact than you would think. I felt like I was gliding down the mtns. Now that I'm older and my fast twitch isn't quite so fast, it is harder to run down smoothly in the more technical areas without beating on the knees.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thetopofmounteverest (1).png 
Views:	36 
Size:	980.1 KB 
ID:	286613

If I'm not well on my Instagram account I said I am and that is all that matters!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

all them people on everest are leaving a lot of garbage & feces and they should shut them down but climbing permits are a huge cash cow
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I like the fake summit photo idea. We were on top of the Aiguille du Midi, went out through the ice tunnel, there was a couple in full mountaineering gear out there. Full goretex suits, harnesses, harnesses, roped up, crampons, ice axes. The posed for a couple of camera phone pictures taken by their friend and then went back in the tunnel and left.

you’ve probably already learned by now there is an entire industry built on selling outdoor gear to people who only plan on the purchase not the function.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    youve probably already learned by now there is an entire industry built on selling outdoor gear to people who only plan on the purchase not the function.
    Why I dont even bother trying on Northface/Patagonia anything anymore.
    Used to joke with my wife: Who are these huge fat back country skiers? My wife would just roll her eyes at me.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So FromtheNEK died on Everest.

Vibes
    make every day count

At least he died doing what he loved …
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    you’ve probably already learned by now there is an entire industry built on selling outdoor gear to people who only plan on the purchase not the function.
    Clothes I get (I wear pRana moab pants even though I don't climb any more--they're really comfortable. BTW pRana is Columbia for people who think Columbia isn't for serious outdoor people.) But technical gear?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Why I don’t even bother trying on Northface/Patagonia anything anymore.
    Used to joke with my wife: “Who are these huge fat back country skiers?” My wife would just roll her eyes at me.
    You don't buy TNF or Patagonia because uncool people wear it? OKaaaay.

I got some North Face shorts at a sale recently.