Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    TL/DR
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    We should totally drive around in a corvette solving mysteries and getting in adventures.
    "Calm down, ice."
    "No you fuckin' calm down Yeti!"

You always have to sell yourself, that’s why pencil necks and ass kissers always get the credit and paydays.

I’ve written several trading algorithms that work, but the last time I reached out to a previous backer, someone I made about 10mm, I was told they don’t work with ass holes anymore. That was a guy so trained too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Iceman, am intrigued by the fact that you wrote stuff and actually have it for sale on Amazon..
    Here they be:

https://www.amazon.com/Perversion-Ju...sr=1-1-catcorr

https://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Kind-P...sr=1-2-catcorr

I'm so down with selling myself now.

Up until now I've only rented myself. To wanton women. In my dreams.

Wait, what? People posting on TGR can actually write???

As a former journalist (not a creative writer, though many of my interviews and pieces were somewhat creative: I ate ramen with Digital Underground and wrote about it and watched HK martial arts films with RZA and GZA of Wu-Tang Clan and wrote about that, amongst other things) I have always been amazed at the general lack of basic writing skills displayed by most folks who post here.

It ain't that hard to read what you type before you hit "Post".

But I digress.
    I think you're reading through the wrong lens. I have to pay so goddam much attention to what I write professionally that fuck that, I am not going to proof my posts, and that says jack shit about my writing ability. And I would say the exact opposite, that I have always been amazed at the general wit and intelligent banter displayed by -- maybe not most but many -- folks who post here.

or, to put it more succinctly, Praxis Rx.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think we should start calling you Papa Dee.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

prolly Papa G would work better

The "Perversion Of Justice" cover pic has absolutely nothing to do with the book, but the designer guy used it as a place holder in a template and I snagged it for grins, to be able to tell my rich friends at the Author's Club meeting that I had been playing.

Instead, here I am. Fack.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    prolly Papa G would work better
    We already have one of those.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

You all poofred what posts do you on tgr?

Ya i filed my taxes last month
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think you're reading through the wrong lens
    Web conversation is weird because it exists in forums as both immediate banter and permanent record. It's hard to do both well. There are very bright accomplished people who pick one side or the other.

Danke gracias.

Though I am a bit curious as to how I can purchase A Perversion of Justice new for only $11.95, but if I wish to own a used copy it's gonna cost me either $178.20 in "Acceptable" condition or $323.55 (plus $3.99 in shipping) for a "Good" condition copy...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I can sell you a very lightly used copy for substantially less than that. Hit me up.

it's clear I'm kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    I spew some drivel into a laptop when stuck in airports/hotels/ etc for fun and kid myself it may be a second career some day (cringing for you).

Aaanyway- know this is the wrong spot but I figured it would get more traction here.

Would love to read some of your stuff and happy for feedback on mine if that sounds fun-

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    OL, I apologize for c$nting up your thread earlier.

I'm curious as to whether or not you have shared your writings with close friends and family yet? If so, what was their feedback?
    Also, what are you writing? Non-fiction, fiction, fantasy, crime, poetry, stream-of-consciousness, soap operas, sci-fi, horror, etc.?

@dookie: If you have kindle you can read the second one for free, not exactly sure why that is, but free isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think you're reading through the wrong lens. I have to pay so goddam much attention to what I write professionally that fuck that, I am not going to proof my posts, and that says jack shit about my writing ability. And I would say the exact opposite, that I have always been amazed at the general wit and intelligent banter displayed by -- maybe not most but many -- folks who post here.

or, to put it more succinctly, Praxis Rx.
    This exactly! I write professionally all the time, albeit a lot more technical than flowery. But i have no desire to go back and edit what i post up here. And yeah there is some brilliant motherfuckers here when it comes to writing. I am constantly amazed.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Honestly I'd like to find out what reduced the copy of the book to "acceptable" condition. I mean, what happened to it? Hopefully furious masturbation has no part in it.

edit: Upon reflection I don't care. But if furious masturbation has a part in it, and now he's selling it, I feel dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Whatever happened to that dude? The book sounded...different. But he's a different sort of fellow.
    He was alive and skiing as of early May.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...97#post5664697

Though I am a bit curious as to how I can purchase A Perversion of Justice new for only $11.95, but if I wish to own a used copy it's gonna cost me either $178.20 in "Acceptable" condition or $323.55 (plus $3.99 in shipping) for a "Good" condition copy...
    I see you are new to the world of amazon algorithmic driven book prices.

even more interesting is how things get really fucked up in the used market when liquidity drys up

Well it's good to see I'm highly-valued on the used book market index. I guess.

Don't pay more than $200 for a used copy people. I mean sure it'd be worth it, but I have copies I can sacrifice for slightly less than that.