Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    For some reason, I started really caring about people being on my lawn.

I still call it The Jake.

maybe you have changed?

I found 50 wasnt hard, 60+ its harder to keep on keeping on, doing them out door things where I seemed to get older but the other people kept being young or at least younger, the people my age were working/ married/ not doing it anymore. For me the marriages hadn't stuck I was done working at 49, I got used to being the oldest person by 20 yrs watching the band, smoking a reefer out in front of the bar or in the lineup for the slush cup, in any case hopefully at some point one can defy all labels and just dictate their own whatever man
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

one of my favorite movie speeches of all time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Anyone else experience this or am I just weird (and old)?
    Since no one else wants to say it: you're weird...and old.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Ok, for me I started to get less competitive. That was surprising. Still not sure how I feel about it.

I was that person who pretty much had a coffee mug in my hand all the time, for my whole life.

Over the last 9 months I noticed that I was subconsciously drinking less and less of it, and just in the morning. A french press was lasting me 3 days.

About a month ago, I tried a little experiment on myself and one day skipped the coffee all together. I feared splitting headaches and no energy. The opposite resulted. I felt much calmer and focused.

Been coffee/caffeine free for 3 or so weeks. I get up and sip on some zen tea with a drop of honey.

I'm baffled that after all those years, I would be that guy, but I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I was that person who pretty much had a coffee mug in my hand all the time, for my whole life.

Over the last 9 months I noticed that I was subconsciously drinking less and less of it, and just in the morning. A french press was lasting me 3 days.

About a month ago, I tried a little experiment on myself and one day skipped the coffee all together. I feared splitting headaches and no energy. The opposite resulted. I felt much calmer and focused.

Been coffee/caffeine free for 3 or so weeks. I get up and sip on some zen tea with a drop of honey.

I'm baffled that after all those years, I would be that guy, but I am.
    Quitter...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Maybe he's already dead?

Not dead yet!

I was really hoping that I wouldn't give damn about sex at this point, it would make things so much easier. But nope, still a slave to my body.

Holy fuck this thread is depressing. A bunch of people quitting alcohol and coffee and feeling better for it.

DTM, good for AC!

I love coffee. I love wine. Fuck all y'all. I learned that phrase from my friend in Charlotte.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Well I got kinda boxed into a corner on the alcohol thing. Thank god for weed.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    No wonder you didn't enjoy it anymore, you were drinking three day old coffee!

Yep, time has a way of changing one.

Your perspective.

Whats important.

Who you like or even want to be around.

I find it most important that I do the things that I find joy in. Spend time with my folks. Go into nature with the activities that resonate with me and I can still do moderately well. Spend time with the few friends I have.

In essence if you are growing and learning you become a different and better person. Its not sad or wrong. What is write for ewe is knot for anuther.

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    DTM, good for AC!
    Funniest part is that she's pissed at herself for not trying it years ago. My energy levels are so good lately that I've had to cut way back on coffee. Doesn't take much to feel like I should be raging at Jesse's house.

It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

I want my 30 year old legs back.

As far as drinking, my ex father in law, may he R.I.P., told me, in retirement, set yourself a strict cocktail time, and stick to it. Mine's 5 pm. If I'm interested.

I've learned to be careful with edibles. They kill the day five hours after taking them. So, noon.

Maybe some of you should check out the TRT thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I want my 30 year old legs back.

As far as drinking, my ex father in law, may he R.I.P., told me, in retirement, set yourself a strict cocktail time, and stick to it. Mine's 5 pm. If I'm interested.

I've learned to be careful with edibles. They kill the day five hours after taking them. So, noon.
    Same here. Not retired, but it's 5pm for me- unless camping or fishing or doing something else drinky.

I find edibles ruin me the next day if I take them too late.

I quit drinking during the week a while back. Used to have between 3-5 drinks a night. Feels better, but not that much better. Really just did it because of the long term health consequences. Sure makes Friday more fun!

Edit to add: I'll be 53 in June.
    Last edited by GiBo; 05-23-2019 at 04:05 PM.

I'm cantankerous as a motherfucker. I'm gonna get my ass kicked one of these days for it. Oh well.

I am 61, how that happened still baffles me.

From when I was around 16 until my late 50s I burned nearly every day. My family has a history of COPD so I gave that up and started growing my own and making butter. 1 small cookie made with my butter makes me want to do things like clean the kitchen or garage or just be productive. Even gardening is fun.

I have pretty much always had 3-5 beers (PBR types) every day. In the past 5 years the weight was starting to creep so I have reduced my beer intake to weekends and Wednesdays and cut the numbers down. Now if I have more than 4 I am hung over the next day, I do notice how good I feel when I do not have a few and go sober for the night.

As far as the rest, I stopped giving a fuck a long time ago and instead take a whatever happens is what happens, control is an illusion approach.

Now if I could stop getting pissed off at the car wash. Baby steps.

I dont like to GO OUT and bar hop, etc.
    But I still love a good toke ( or gummy) dont need much these days and some live music

OR have friends over and drinking the brown liquor.
    Cold beers in a friends yard on a hot afternoon.

bottles and bottle of wine with a good meal?

thats our jam in my neighborhood. not far behind you in age as you know

different strokes

& damn gurl, I created a cocktail in your honor in the cocktail thread....

the Bitter Fruit