Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I used to care, but things have changed

I'm in a reflective mood today..... this is my birthday month and being past the half-century mark has me thinking a lot lately about how things have changed.

When I was younger, boy did I love to party. Get together with friends and have a good time that was a rule of the day. Everything was great, we laughed and laughed making so many wonderful memories along the way, sharing good times but now somehow things have changed.

Not that I don't still like to laugh and spend time with friends it's just that I'm not much interested in imbibing or toking. LOL!! Go figure... now that I live in wine country and cannabis is legal I don't want any of either. And it's not an aversion to the aftermath (i.e. hangover etc.) it just doesn't sound good (though a nice farmhouse ale is still tasty in small quantities).

Re: toking - I've tried to get interested in cannabis again remembering how fun it used to be but it just kinda leaves me flat. It always sounds like a good idea "hey... I'll take a little toke and do some work in the garden!" but it never pans out like it used to when I was younger.

Maybe it has to do with being retired. Maybe I only used alcohol and cannabis for a stress release and I don't need that anymore because I'm not trying to get that college degree or advance in my career or maybe I'm just high on life living on a farm in EWA.

Anyone else experience this or am I just weird (and old)?

What has time changed about you that has you mystified?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Been there, done that, stopped in my 30s because being the pathetic old wasted person at the party we used to laugh at isn't my goal for retirement either..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

KQ, wait till you get hot flashes.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    You're just focused on more satisfying things than escapism. Same has happened to me the last few years. Just don't give a care about escapism like I used to.
    Probably true... not much to need escaping from these days unless I read political news.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Been there, done that, stopped in my 30s because being the pathetic old wasted person at the party we used to laugh at isn't my goal for retirement either..

Yish... I remember my friend's parents who used to hang out at the bars we would frequent. So old and pathetic looking all hunched over at the bar looking angry and worn out not even talking to each other. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    KQ, wait till you get hot flashes.
    LOL!! When I was in the hospital back in November for diverticulitis the doctor laughed and laughed at me because I'm not there yet (yeah... TMI, they asked as part of routine health background questions). He couldn't believe a woman my age wasn't in menopause. Yeah... kinda funny but hey... good for my bones not to be.

Ain't getting old grand? As they say... better than the alternative!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

What has time changed about you that has you mystified?
    Ear hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Re: toking - I've tried to get interested in cannabis again remembering how fun it used to be but it just kinda leaves me flat. It always sounds like a good idea "hey... I'll take a little toke and do some work in the garden!" but it never pans out like it used to when I was younger.
    I hear you on this. I have the same thing; it always sounds like fun, but it just doesn't affect me like it used to. Either I just feel dull and tired, or I get - not quite paranoid, but more like the comfortable illusions that help keep me functioning day to day get stripped away and I'm left seeing the cold reality of the world as it really is (e.g. yes, it's possible someone in my family could drop dead right now, but I generally don't focus on that - but suddenly I start thinking about it and realize that it could happen, it happens every day to someone). That never used to happen.

But on the other hand, I've recently discovered the wonders of LSD microdosing. Happy and fun, gives me energy, but doesn't completely throw my world off kilter. Kind of like a Red Bull, without the nasty taste or jitters or caffeine/sugar crash.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Still can't quite picture KQ as a younger boy.

Symptoms sound like you have low T.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Beer doesn't make me feel too good these day.

I'd like to try microdosing but I don't even have a clue on where to get any. Still a fan of the ganj but alcohol is not my friend these days.

I think that is part of getting older. getting hopped up on a drug just seems a waste of time.

personally, i'm going to vegas in a couple of weeks with some guys that we all share investment ideas with and the leader sent me the itinerary and i'm thinking they are all alcoholics as every stop mentioned drinking there, i'm going to try and not meet them until afternoon and skate the trip early as I have no desire to drink nor gamble all day.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Ah yes, the birfday blaaahs.

You needy pick me up.

It's a dirty job but Sumone gotta do it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhX8PbNUWI
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Still can't quite picture KQ as a younger boy.

Symptoms sound like you have low T.
    Yeah, I struggled with that sentence if that's what you're referring to.

Bourbon is my choice, but not in great quantities. Shot before bed and I'm done.

Tuesday and today are the 2 year anniversary of my hip resurfacings. Six months later was the fx femur followed by shingles and a kidney stone. The last 12 months have caused me to become good friends with an oral surgeon for some tori removal and two molar implants. My goal these days is to stay out of a doc's office.

As my dad used to say, the golden years aren't so damned golden.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I used to care, but things have changed

I only like a couple off glasses of wine in the evening now.

In March I was in Co skiing and smoking, but it is just not the same for me anymore. I would rather go do something than just hang out and get a buzz on. Maybe that’s time running out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    personally, i'm going to vegas in a couple of weeks with some guys that we all share investment ideas with and the leader sent me the itinerary and i'm thinking they are all alcoholics as every stop mentioned drinking there, i'm going to try and not meet them until afternoon and skate the trip early as I have no desire to drink nor gamble all day.
    Yeah, Vegas has totally lost its appeal to me over the last decade for exactly these reasons.

Best thing to do in Vegas is get out of Vegas. Go out to Red Rock Canyon or Valley of Fire in the morning before it gets too hot.

Drinking, getting high, etc are boring. I'm deciding that I really like life sober, as I can savor every minute of it.

Might I suggest some blow?

But back in kolledge, I got bored with being stoned all the time, so I ramped back and became a weakly weekend waster. I had a pretty intellectually challenging job too.

So I had that kind of epiphany a while ago. Maybe I've just paced myself.

I still enjoy skiing lightly stoned and wine with a good dinner once a week. I guess I would be a cheep date if the wine were less expensive.

I do get more thoughtful about life these days but I find myself less anxious, more accepting of the way things are, even when they're not always the way I want them to be.

I feel a lot less punitive, more accepting, more of 'I kind of don't give a shit' in an amused way. At the same time, I'm not as trusting as I used to be.

FWIW, I count myself among those who value your vibe here. So Hippy Barthday, goil.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Name:  59548646_10219131555218840_4555948582854721536_n.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  21.7 KB

Buncha boring sober prudie fucks in here. Sitting around is boring in any mental state.

Minds change, phases come and go. Let the mind change and don't block the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I mean, I still sip on an indica cartridge every night. Just figured that was assumed
    Does weed even count?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im damns glad i made it to 1/2 century livins
    and it'll be 22 of lettin a better 1/2's make a lot a of my decisions easier round midnight tonight
    not that im awake for many midnights now
    i find givin selective fucks matters and im wiser bout given em

if you would like to read icemans copy im still borrowing let me know and ill send it
    and enjoy another 365 of livin
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Buncha boring sober prudie fucks in here. Sitting around is boring in any mental state.

Minds change, phases come and go. Let the mind change and don't block the flow.

But seriously, fuck Opioids. After 5 days of being claustrophobic in my skin, I don't want again.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I get more exited to mountain bike than ski these days. Still baffled about how that happened.

Last drink I had was Easter Sunday. Went for a hike with the family, came home and had a big IPA with lunch. Felt great for an hour, then like crap the rest of the day, and despite how early in the day I drank it I still slept terribly. Haven't had an inkling of desire since. It's kinda been coming for a long time, but how completely and suddenly the switch flipped took me by surprise. Sucks in a way because I love a good beer, cocktail or glass of wine.

Devils lettuce is a different story. Sativa + hike/run/ride = Ohhh yeah. AC also started recently after a lifetime of abstaining. Two months ago we traded watching TV until 10:00 or so (often half asleep, so pointless) for vaping some heavy indica together, going to bed at 9ish, and meditating for the better part of an hour. Our entire relationship has improved. I'm sleeping better than I have in my entire adult life and feeling amazing lately. My sudden total lack of desire for alcohol is definitely related.

You're just turning 50 and your doc is surprised you aren't 'there' yet? Maybe a new doc.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.