Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    ...I thought he was talking about menopause.
    This place can be confusing at times.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

...I thought he was talking about menopause.
    I've dealt with Menopause twice now and I doubt its over
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My brother's house once contained two adolescent girls and wife going through menopause - he referred to it as The Perfect Storm.
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by CountryFunk View Post
    My brother's house once contained two adolescent girls and wife going through menopause - he referred to it as The Perfect Storm.
    Between the phone bill and air conditioning bill, he musta just been scraping by.

I think Old Larry went thru that, poor guy.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    That was Plato.
    I thought it was the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I tried to go down that road but I don't like needles and it seemed like too much work. You have no idea how lazy I am.
    Name:  lazy.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  56.9 KB

There's a pretty good chance that exact scenario will happen to me in 10 years, facccckkkkk!!!!

Interesting thread. You all are a resilient bunch. I'm 30 and in some respects, I'm over it. I have a decent job that keeps me modestly engaged and allows me to live comfortably, if not extravagantly; I have a pretty respectable amount socked away for retirement given my age, and (knock on wood) I generally have my health/physical well being in good order, but that's about it. I've always been what could charitably be described as astutely pessimistic, but I've crossed the line into being awfully negative an awful lot of the time. Not a whole lot excites me about getting out of bed each morning.

I think part of it for me is that I'm over living a selfish existence. I spent the better part of the last decade doing what I wanted, when I wanted, and on my terms. If you didn't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Needless to say, that gave me a lot of time to pursue things that interested me, albeit on my own. As I gain a (modest) amount of perspective with time, I see how ultimately, the rewards for pursuing a self-centered existence are fleeting and somewhat hollow. I have some confidence that I can get to the point where life feels fulfilling instead of like going through the motions. Sometimes the reward lies more in the struggle than the achievement of the goal.

I used to care, but things have changed

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @Cono: Get your blood pressure checked if you haven't done it lately.
    BP was 110/70 last week. Best In yrs. Not chewing a tin a day has really boosted my energy level and cleaned up a lot of problems.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I have had tinnitus for years. You get used to it. Mostly.
    +1

Adolescence seems early for menopause?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    You'll never come to respect yourself unless you build something meaningful, overcome adversity or give something meaningful to a cause you care about. You only get meaning in life from sacrifice. It can't be bought.
    Maybe for you that is the case. Most of us are just not that deep. Glademaster has the one thing no amount of $$$ can buy and that is time. And even that is not guaranteed.

Mofro's going through manopause?

#vibes
    For sure it felt that way for a bit, but I sought treatment and finally got it licked.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Interesting thread. You all are a resilient bunch. I'm 30 and in some respects, I'm over it. I have a decent job that keeps me modestly engaged and allows me to live comfortably, if not extravagantly; I have a pretty respectable amount socked away for retirement given my age, and (knock on wood) I generally have my health/physical well being in good order, but that's about it. I've always been what could charitably be described as astutely pessimistic, but I've crossed the line into being awfully negative an awful lot of the time. Not a whole lot excites me about getting out of bed each morning.

I think part of it for me is that I'm over living a selfish existence. I spent the better part of the last decade doing what I wanted, when I wanted, and on my terms. If you didn't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Needless to say, that gave me a lot of time to pursue things that interested me, albeit on my own. As I gain a (modest) amount of perspective with time, I see how ultimately, the rewards for pursuing a self-centered existence are fleeting and somewhat hollow. I have some confidence that I can get to the point where life feels fulfilling instead of like going through the motions. Sometimes the reward lies more in the struggle than the achievement of the goal.
    Hmmmmmmmmm, you're in the greater Seattle area right? At the risk of sounding like I think CBD is a cure-all which I don't, if your job allows you might try a Craft Elixir CBD gummie once a day for 10 days (package contains 10) and see how you feel. You might be surprised at the positive upticks.

Make sure you get the CBD gummies and not the THC and check the batch analysis sticker on the package. I've purchase the Pineapple and Berry which both have very low THC (about a 10:1 ratio) but once I bought the Cherry and it was 1:1 which def. gave me a hazy kinda buzz. I was still very functional but would drift off into thought sometimes and felt more laid back.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Actually..... what I love about W2 is how the local history is still very much alive. The families that settled the valley still live here with streets, buildings and sporting venues named after them. We are still very much a farming community with an easy pace of life.
    That's actually good to hear. Elaine and I have to make it out there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I think that's how Joseph Smith ended up there after talking into that hat.
    I lived in the basement apartment of a house with momos upstairs. They were the squarest, whitest people I had ever met. They were so white they were almost transparent. They gave all of their money to the church so they could live in this shitty rental with heathens below. I guess god was testing them.

You'll never come to respect yourself unless you build something meaningful, overcome adversity or give something meaningful to a cause you care about. You only get meaning in life from sacrifice. It can't be bought.
    Was going to post something similar.

Not that I felt exactly unfulfilled before, but having a kid brought such clarity to the value of devoted teaching, love, and sacrifice... and has deepened the earthly experience more than I could have ever expected.

But I still wish for time.

got it licked.
    That always makes me feel better.

Whatever works for you.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Whatever works for you.
    Sounding impressed with himself apparently does.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Ear hair.
    Ears that keep growing

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

And do NOT get me started on the joys of skiing and Schrooms
    Lets go I know a couple of fun gi's that can join us!

Iceman make sure the spare tire is in proper working order at all times! Somebody has to keep the morans in check or they will take over
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Mr. Jinks and Miss Lucy jumped in a lake
    I’m not that eager to make a mistake
    People are crazy and times are strange
    I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
    I used to care, but things have changed
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I lived in the basement apartment of a house with momos upstairs. They were the squarest, whitest people I had ever met. They were so white they were almost transparent.
    I've told this story before, but it never gets old. Several years ago we had dinner with AC's very Mormon brother and his wife. The had just returned from a Caribbean cruise and we were talking about their trip. At some point we asked what their favorite island was, to which her brother responded "Puerto Rico, because it's basically America and you can eat at Chili's and Baskins Robbins and stuff."

Where is the ritual
    And tell me where where is the taste
    Where is the sacrifice
    And tell me where where is the faith

Someday there'll be a cure for pain
    That's the day I throw my drugs away
    When they find a cure for pain
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Thanks for the sermon, brah.