Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    They all say that without thinking, or to dumb it down to the lowest common denominator. As someone with narrow ear canals and suffers more than most with infections and blockage since I was a little kid: USE Q-TIPS!!!!!! But it has to be daily.

I stopped having to get them cleaned 4x a year once I started to clean them after the daily shower. If you wait until they are blocked, then you are wadding it all up and making it worse, yes. (Unless you use my advanced spin technique which is another story) Which is why they say don't use Q-tips. And you'd have to be an idiot to damage your eardrum doing it yourself, that's another lame excuse. Just don't do it on a bumpy bus or while biking and you'll be fine.

Sorry to hear about yer hips though.
    So stationary bike is ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    At some point the stationary bike becomes manditory.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    only if it's a peloton.

Ha!

Got me a stationary work out bike few years ago. Today mah Electric fat bike showed up, gonna ride it up Everest next year to the zip line.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    "We're not an ear-cleaning company. We're not a health care provider. We're an innovation company that stands at the nexus of personal care, technology and robotics"
    WeAR - we rent space in your head.

robotics
    "Alexa add cotton buds to shopping list"
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    What a messed up, sometimes depressing thread.

What's throwing me for a loop is finding out that my hips are fucked a week ago (posted in gimps). I have not yet learned how to take it back a notch, skiing or biking. In fact, I think when people do take it back a notch, that's when they get hurt, when they're tentative. Currently terrified that whatever approach I take with my hips, my skiing will take several steps back, in which case I'm not sure how much enjoyment I will derive from it. That will definitely fuck with me in a way that I have not yet experienced.
    Don't take it back a notch. Go climb Mt. Everest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I had them cleaned in November.

In January I went on the patch and took xanex for 2 weeks cause I was stressed out from dog dieing and some other shit, then the ringing just started.

This yr has been a wake call for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Stop taking the Xanax. That shit is pure poison. My ears still ring from that shit and I haven’t had one in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Stop taking the Xanax. That shit is pure poison. My ears still ring from that shit and I haven’t had one in a couple years.

I did. I only took it for two weeks, not even every day.

Fuck doctors handing out that shit. Ive always said no, but I was in a very bad way. I’ve gone through the whole cycle of anger, depression and learning to live with this whooshing noise in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I did. I only took it for two weeks, not even every day.

Fuck doctors handing out that shit. Ive always said no, but I was in a very bad way. I’ve gone through the whole cycle of anger, depression and learning to live with this whooshing noise in my head.

Sorry Cono that sounds horrible

"The total addressable market (TAM) for our autonomous ear-cleaning services is approximately 7 billion people, offering up to $140 billion in annual revenue potential at $5 per cleaning & a baseline of quarterly servicing. The opportunity presented by WeAR at valuations below a billion USD is difficult to overstate."
    Are WeAR Ear Dentists employees or contractors?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Are WeAR Ear Dentists employees or contractors?
    It's a superposition of legal states. Amazingly when it's measure, it's never the one that costs WeAR money.

I find this thread to be positive, we are not getting younger. I’m just trying to hold on to what I got. 54 years old, I want to stay after it for another 10 years. After that, I’ll be content with a few ebikes and skiing nothing but early morning groomers. Not drinking or smoking goes a long way in helping to achieve that goal, now if I can just lay off the sugar. I love cookies and pretty much anything at the local bakery!
    Had a physical yesterday. BMI is 22.23, O2 saturation is 98%, resting heart rate, which they had to check 3 times, with two different devices was 48!

Keep on keeping on like a bird that flew
    crab in my shoe mouth

As an FYI for any middle age people, of which it appears are most of us, the tinnitus, which I have, can also be increased by stuff like Advil. So the irony is that as I need more anti-inflammatories to do what I want, the result is increased ringing.
    " Aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like naproxen (Aleve) and ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) are known to cause ringing in the ears." https://www.goodrx.com/blog/these-11...g-in-the-ears/
    YMMV

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Everyone carried a big ass newspaper to bury their noses in before cellphones and wifi.

What did I come in here for?
    watch out for snakes

This one cracked me up:
    The woman from the “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” commercial actually doesn’t look half bad...
    That’s how I’ll know.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Everyone carried a big ass newspaper to bury their noses in before cellphones and wifi.
    Newspaper is a lot more useful if you run out of TP.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I find this thread to be positive, we are not getting younger. I’m just trying to hold on to what I got. 54 years old, I want to stay after it for another 10 years. After that, I’ll be content with a few ebikes and skiing nothing but early morning groomers. Not drinking or smoking goes a long way in helping to achieve that goal, now if I can just lay off the sugar. I love cookies and pretty much anything at the local bakery!
    Had a physical yesterday. BMI is 22.23, O2 saturation is 98%, resting heart rate, which they had to check 3 times, with two different devices was 48!

Keep on keeping on like a bird that flew
    Interestingly I have the same stats, and am the same age.
    However, I smoke a pack of Marlboros, drink a six pack of Dr pepper, a little weed, every day. Get drunk a couple times a week also. Probably tempting fate, but WTF, I'm not sure I really want to spend another 30+ years in this fucked up world.

I rarely take any pills, ever; maybe a vitamin I every six months. I blame my ringing ears on too many Husker Du shows in the 80’s.

You apes wanna live forever?????

Sure! what cha selling? Maps to the fountain of yoots? That would be sweet.......

As, a child I was given the impression that I would be offered free drugs much more often than the 0 times that it actually happened.

Seriously, health class was just a big tease. Where the hell is my angel dust, pcp and syphilis?

Thanks Obama.......

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    As, a child I was given the impression that I would be offered free drugs much more often than the 0 times that it actually happened.

Seriously, health class was just a big tease. Where the hell is my angel dust, pcp and syphilis?

Thanks Obama.......
    Angel dust and PCP are the same shit.
    Syphilis and herpes are not the same.
    There will be a quiz on Friday.