Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The 7 bottles of man--breast milk, hard cider, cocaine juice, beer, wine, whiskey, pruned forests of joy jizz.
    FIFY.

2 glasses of Rosé at dinner, a 3 mile walk after with the dog, then 2-3 Heinekens after while detailing the car in evening 85° heat. A Beefeater n Tonic to unwind afterwards.

I’m not an AARP member, and that may be too much overall, but someone here had to break this mess up.
    I still call it The Jake.

I like your balance, even though I'm not a gin guy.

I luv me sum beer.

I think I will make Moar.
    watch out for snakes

Reading through this thread and it needs appropriate music to fit the mood.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'
    What has time changed about you that has you mystified?
    Read to much about the intoxicants and knee jerk replied, but to answer the question.
    I live in Suburban Connecticut and I dont mind a bit
    From 12 -35, aside fro 6 months in UK, I lived 1/2 an hour from a ski resort of some sort in UT, CO, & CA.
    I never thought that would change.
    but it did, and I wish I skied a little more but love where I live, the people I live with and around, and my day to day life.

Occasionally I have a WTF moment of the fact I live in the not city but not rural North East, but it passes quickly

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What's turning out to be a slight problem is, I'm not scared.

Shit pisses me off and I just say it. In the day I might have just tried to let it slide
    Known you a while...
    when was "in the day"

ha. "Tried" was the operative word there I guess. All I'm saying is, I've gotten worse.

About to turn the odometer to 55 this year.

I used to love smoking weed, now I use it sparingly and in the right time and place. Edibles creep me out, I feel safer taking LSD. Pretty much never smoke on the bike or skis anymore. Speaking of the bike, I am so over group rides, like the Tuesday night ride from 'pick a local shop' kind of rides with 20 strangers. I keep telling myself I should give them a try again to be social and meet some people, then I remember I should just keep in better touch with the people I already know and go for a solo with my dog.

I kinda stopped caring so much about the time I turned 18. The first time; I'll be celebrating my 3rd 18th birthday this October - 54 yrs.

I plan on dying young - I'll be in my twenties when I go.

I had high hopes for the world and it just doesn't seem to be on the pace I expected. I am not a particularly unhappy person, just didn't realize how fucked people can be. And the planet suffers for it.

When my Mother passed, I realized what an endless amount of hope I have for the things I care about. And there's the conflict, I think everything can be better. Not everyone agrees, so, fuck 'em...

Fresh outta school, I said fuck it, I'm gonna have fun. Period. Gonna work, live, love but never under anothers thumb. I have suffered for that. And become stronger for the pain.
    But I wouldn't do it differently either. If I get the 2 weeks left diagnosis, then well, I've succeeded in my goal. Fucking win.

Never cared about hoarding da monies, making bebes or improving the world. Just wanna live man.

Couldn't give a single motherfucking fuck about friends either. Never needed them, often gave up on them as I felt they were sucking the life from me by including me in their shitshow. My brain rarely fails me and so eventually, it's all I have to rely on. I'm good with that.

My ski bum life will be tenuous to the end. Not afraid of the future.

And so, here I am on the TGRz. How fuckakta izzat?

The people I seem to relate to best, for better or worse, are ski bums, mountainfolk... many of you. This place has afforded me the opportunity to meet so many mags who remind me of the positive Irie I have always sought out.
    And that, KQ, is what has changed for me. I have genuinely had to readjust my perspective on many things important to me, because of this place. Again, that is super fucked but, there it is.

So many of you I would jump up and do anything for. Because we have become friends.

I guess I used to 'could care less' but things have changed for me as well.

Live for today, tomorrow never comes.

edit: many of you know I don't drink much. Laughably slow on a beer. Maybe an annual cocktail. But I smoke a lotta ganja. And yeah, gainfully employed all my life.

As impatient as I am with wrongheadedness I'm more of an optimist than ever. I think progress is being made. I think the future is bright. I believe population issues will be solved before too long and that will take a lot of stress out of the system as far as resources and the environment. I believe bad (or rudimentary) technology and ideas push us into problems but eventually better technology and ideas pull us out. And that sets up the next turn of the wheel, to new problems and eventually new answers.

Yeah it's far from a straight line, and it often seems like we're going backwards but I think there's a movement towards equality and human rights that won't be stopped, even if we have to go through a lot of craziness to get there. People want things to be better, they just disagree on how to get that done but I believe we'll figure it out.

The thing that people lose sight of is how young the human race is -we're literally children- and how unimaginably long the future is. If we don't blow ourselves up I think we'll be okay in the long run. That's part of why I get cranky, it pisses me off when people do dumb negative shit when it's clearly so counter-productive. So I let them know. I'm just trying to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Live for today, tomorrow never comes.
    The French have a phrase, "Carpe Diem."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Uhhh.....
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

That was Plato.

Oh, I think progress is inevitable. But I'm more accepting of how little I have to do with it. Or that in dealing with regressive pinchbags, I'm developing a lighter attitude.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Tomorrow is not promised.
    watch out for snakes

The French.

Name:  saturday-night-live-debut.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  129.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Uhhh.....
    A lot of people think it's a Vietnamese phrase due to the "diem," which it may be as the French had a significant presence in Vietnam prior to 1959.

A lot of people think it's a Vietnamese phrase due to the "diem," which it may be as the French had a significant presence in Vietnam prior to 1959.
    Was it over when they bombed Pearl Harbor?

I wish we had a French restaurant in this town. I'm jonesing for some Bun Thit Nuong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I wish we had a French restaurant in this town. I'm jonesing for some Bun Thit Nuong.
    Are you far from Walla Walla?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Ear hair.

I guess that now it's more like weeding the garden when it used to be fending off packs of wild dogs.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Bringing the Lutz.

And a quick PSA about LSD.

First time I ever went skiing I was about 23 and living in Indianapolis Indi-fucking-ana, a ski mecca if there ever was one.

I was drifting along in my life, had no plans and no passion. A buddy called and asked me and another guy if we wanted to try skiing.

We went to a tiny little bump of a ski area in Southern Indiana (240 vert.) for the Midnight to 8 am night skiing they offered. About 20 minutes from the parking lot Friend 2 offered to split a blotter of Black Star with me. I acquiesced and we managed to get through the rental process before the drugs took effect.

The following 8 hours are a blur of what little I can remember.

After than night all I could think about, dream about and talk about was skiing. 3 years later I moved to Utah.

That night completely altered my future and philosophy of what life is all about.

I still care a great deal about skiiing powder

Are you far from Walla Walla?
    6 hours.

It's been a long time since I've been to W2. With all of the wineries, I'm guessing it's fairly gentrified these days.