WTB: Bikepacking bags

looking for a Handlebar and Seat bag for credit-card bikepacking trip (inn-to-inn) with my wife this summer.
    Thanks.

I don't personally have one to sell but there are a few options on eBay for saddle bags in the 10-15l range for cheap. I think I have this model: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-Cyclin...4oegvUtfnqj1eQ

I've only taken mine on 3-4 overnights but it has worked well so far.

There doesn't seem to be much of a used bag market from what I've seen so it might be best to just put up the $$ and choose whichever of the boutique brands looks good to you. I'm partial to Bedrock or Rogue Panda. I'm sure mags with more experience will chime in.
    It sucks to suck.

I have a Revelate sweet roll that I don't often use anymore because it doesn't fit my new small size frame very well. It's the large size, and an older version that is not waterproof. But is well a well made piece of gear - waterproof isn't an issue unless you like to ride in the rain a lot. I can fit my sleeping bag, sleeping pad, bivy sack or 1 man tent, and puffy jacket in it. It has spacers to leave room between the bag and handlebar for your brake/shifter cables. I'd let it go for $75 shipped if you're interested.

It is true there isn't much of a used bag market as people don't seem to sell them often, and what is out there gets snapped up pretty quick. You might try posting a wanted ad on bikepacking.net in their classifieds section. I didn't realize there was no-name stuff out there now on fleabay and amazon. If you're not planning on doing many trips or doing trips that are mostly dirt roads those cheap ones would be ok. The cheaper stuff won't be designed or tested as well and will probably shake loose or sway a lot on rougher terrain. Lots of options out there in the $100 range for each eand of the bike.

https://www.revelatedesigns.com/inde...ebar/Sweetroll Sorry for the HUDGE photo:

WTB: Bikepacking bags

If you plan on doing any decently steep downhill, seat bags suck donkey balls.

evdog I'd buy that from you if milestogo doesn't take it. I have used a water proof compression sack strapped to the bars, seems to work fine, a little hassle getting it on and off.

I'm really happy with my Rockbros/Roswheel setup from Amazon. Total cost was like $140, and while i have no illusions that they are as good as Revelate or Rogue Panda, they will likely work just fine for a few trips for me to determine whether i really want to go all in on the bikepacking thing. (Oh, and that's just super cheap seat pack that is strapped to my home made rack. I'm not willing to give up a dropper post.)Name:  15586683970251.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  93.9 KB

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 12-13-2019 at 08:09 AM.

another vote for roswheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    If you plan on doing any decently steep downhill, seat bags suck donkey balls.
    Depending on the bag, you can still use a dropper. I have a Nuclear Sunrise seatbag and can still get about 2 inches of drop. I've ridden Grafton Mesa and many other steep/techy descents fully loaded and haven't had much of an issue. Obviously not the same as without a bag, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

Just back from vacation with the family--thanks for all the ideas. I'm leaning towards finding a harness and using all the drybags I already have. I'm gonna pass on the sweetroll offer Evdog, but thanks! I don't really know how much of this I'm going to be doing so I might go super low budget and just strap shit on where I can. Might be ill-advised, but we'll see.