Should I buy a a Vario Zip-on ABS pack

Considering buying two of these used for my kids. What’s the general opinion on these packs. Seems like they are a few years old.
    Last edited by devon; 05-22-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Check to see if you can actually get the compressed nitrogen cylinders refilled somewhere near you (and for the foreseeable future). ABS has gone from being an industry leader to a struggling outlier in the past few years due to recall and financial problems.

Pretty sure ABS has filed for bankruptcy. Act accordingly.

I've been on the vario system for three seasons or so.
    Pro's:
    The ability to swap bags. I've got four different bags of different volumes that take less than a minute to switch. You can typically get a new bag for well under $100.
    Removable handle
    Seems to work as intended
    Good ergonomics. I don't like the bags with the oversized top where the bag is stored.

Con's
    You can't just go fill up a cylinder. You have to source both a new cylinder and handle together that are kind of pricey.
    NA shops that carry ABS are hard to find and getting rare. I have an extra cylinder and handle so I don't have to go without in case of deployment.

I've had a warranty issue which was handled quickly and efficiently with a new base unit arriving in about a week. New cylinders and handles also take about a week. If you go the ABS route and have any issues, contact Cedric in Quebec at ced.laffont@abs-airbag.ca. Super fast response time and great to deal with.
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.