Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Yea I read that article SJG posted and those same flyers were in San Francisco, one of the most progressive diverse cities.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yea I read that article SJG posted and those same flyers were in San Francisco, one of the most progressive diverse cities.
    Ya those fuck faces are almost everywhere now. Still pretty surprised to see them in my yard and others around my block. We're the only white people within 2 blocks in every direction. Half the barrio doesn't even speak english. I still stand by my observation that there are as many or more "loud and proud" racists here as anywhere.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/l...very-nc-county
    Bet there's no one in San Francisco trying that bullshit. Statesville is pretty damned close to Charlotte.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Honestly the way I think about Charlotte is like it's not even there. It doesn't register. I'm sure it says a lot more about me than it does about Charlotte, there's no doubt about that. But, some suburbia megasprawl banking center in the South? Fuck off with that shit. See ya.

Carry on.

"uh oh you've got bankers"
    "how to check if you've a banker infestation"
    "10 signs of a banker flare up"

I bet I die without setting foot in Charlotte. I will post updates if this turns out to be untrue.

I mean I'd rather check out Tulsa if I had a weekend and some cash to burn.

Or Manchester, New Hampshire. San Bernadino. Pierre.

And I've been to Manchester before.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I bet I die without setting foot in Charlotte. I will post updates if this turns out to be untrue.
    The airport’s inside the city limits so my guess is you might have a connection through there sometime.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    straight outta Chico
    Back in the day when I was the poster child for a 100+ day ski bum, I used to drink a metric shitton of Sierra. Went back even to my old climbing days in Cali. The CEO of SN came to visit my local bar that sold more that anyone in Colorado and the head bartender pointed to me and he came over and said, that guy right there drinks more Sierra then anyone in the world.

The CEO chatted with me for a half hour, I told him of my brewing and drinking history, and he handed me a card which I still have that says basically, if you ever come to Chico, you can have as much beer as you want.

Come to ATL, Ice, we’ll show you what’s up.

Or if schedules cross, in the Low Country, same invite.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    That ought to be a very diverse crowd of white trustafarians..
    And that's different from anywhere else how?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.
    watch out for snakes

Have fun and enjoy the race!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Where is the race this weekend?

Monte Carlo, Indianapolis, or Charlotte?
    I still call it The Jake.

I am not a NC resident, but have a place on Beech Mountain, and patrol at one of the ski hills. Don't get excited, as it is sliding down manmade snow most of the time. About 1,000 feet of vertical and trails are about a mile long. We go to Utah to ski. We do have summer downhill biking, but again, distance and vert is the same.

I have lots of friends on patrol that live in and around Charlotte. Two hold higher positions in fire and EMS with Charlotte. Be glad to hook you up with them to discuss.

I suspect NC will be the first state in the South to become herb friendly.

Asheville is a great town. Yuppieville where most pretend to be tree huggers. Tons of good breweries.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I think I will leave it at, there are MUCH MUCH worse places you could have to live.
    Charlotte has some cool stuff going on, it is just relatively new. There really is no history there, that I can see.

I worked in Lexington Kentucky for a year and a half. The only black people in the building were janitors

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don’t know what else to say except the system is rigged for white people

White people just need to own this. The results are obvious. The solution is not

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    I am not a NC resident, but have a place on Beech Mountain, and patrol at one of the ski hills. Don't get excited, as it is sliding down manmade snow most of the time. About 1,000 feet of vertical and trails are about a mile long. We go to Utah to ski. We do have summer downhill biking, but again, distance and vert is the same.

I have lots of friends on patrol that live in and around Charlotte. Two hold higher positions in fire and EMS with Charlotte. Be glad to hook you up with them to discuss.

I suspect NC will be the first state in the South to become herb friendly.

Asheville is a great town. Yuppieville where most pretend to be tree huggers. Tons of good breweries.
    Thank you.

Sounds similar to Southwestern PA skiing growing up but maybe a little warmer and few hundred feet more vert.

Would be nice to have somewhere to take my young daughter to keep her skiing. This is a tough one since I’m 30 min from Alpental now.

I hope my wife’s company fucks off and this doesn’t come to fruition.

Anyone know about Charlotte NC?

Part of the reason for my response in this thread was that I knew I lived only about 5 miles from you, and what it would be like for me to move to Charlotte. It would be really hard, (and my daughter’s in college, so I wouldn’t have to move her). Moving in general sucks, and more so with a kid your daughter’s age.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

OP. Listen to NC skier. He's a smart dude and knows what he's talking about. SJG has...issues...

Warthog touched breifly on it, I'd emphasize, Charlotte is proximate to world class whitewater. Personally freezing my ass off in a creek ain't my idea of fun, but if you are into it, or could be, you'll find everythin you'll ever want in charlotte. once in a blue moon the NC mountains get a big storm and you can find some interesting backcounty, but it's very, very rare. (and sometimes when you do, TNKen the ski patroller runs your ass off of it ;-) ). I'd also add this. It's the deep south. Bible Belt. Way, way more than other parts of the country, religion is a factor in life. If you are hutash/big steve-pissed about it, in a major metro like Charlotte, you can find like-minded people, but you'll be the minority. if you rail on it you'll hurt business. And Social. Better to just keep yer trap shut and nod. that simple.

PS. Listen to NC skier. did I say that?
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Thank you.

Sounds similar to Southwestern PA skiing growing up but maybe a little warmer and few hundred feet more vert.

Would be nice to have somewhere to take my young daughter to keep her skiing. This is a tough one since I’m 30 min from Alpental now.

I hope my wife’s company fucks off and this doesn’t come to fruition.
    Yep, very similar to skiing in the North East only not as big. All the mountains have race teams and good coaches. If you want to patrol, I can make that happen too. Realize most of the regulars belong to the 60-second club, top to bottom in 60 seconds.

Our mountains get inundated from folks from Florida, Georgia, Alabama on all the holidays so stay away. Our little hill just installed two new Dopplemayer 4 pack fixed grips, so even with the crowds, not much of a lift line.

Charlotte is a major airport hub so getting somewhere else is easy. We drive to Charlotte regularly to catch planes.

If it happens, let me know and I can put you in contact with folks.

Ken
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I mean I'd rather check out Tulsa if I had a weekend and some cash to burn.
    That’s sad.

And don't forget the Four Wide Nationals!!

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.c...s-weekend.html

Name:  16zmd1GE3284-lg.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  81.6 KB