Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Anyone know about Charlotte NC?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Charlotte is a major airport hub so getting somewhere else is easy. We drive to Charlotte regularly to catch planes.
    I was on a chairlift about 6 years ago with some west coast couple..
    Asked me where I was from, told them Charlotte. Lady asked how I got to Utah. I said I flew straight to SLC. She said, “so you have an airport?”
    Yeah...and an NFL team, an NBA team, and plumbing.

Dumb resides everywhere, but you just know she thought she was much much smarter than myself...and probably has all the right answers.

Btw TNKen, have you got yourself a fly pole yet? I’ll buy you a 12pack for a float down one of the tail waters.

=KenJongIll;5678535
    Btw TNKen, have you got yourself a fly pole yet? I’ll buy you a 12pack for a float down one of the tail waters.
    I have a couple, have a 9 wt for stripers. I'll put you on the front of the jet boat and you can swish all you want!! Come on!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    I'd also add this. It's the deep south. Bible Belt. Way, way more than other parts of the country, religion is a factor in life. If you are hutash/big steve-pissed about it, in a major metro like Charlotte, you can find like-minded people, but you'll be the minority. if you rail on it you'll hurt business. And Social. Better to just keep yer trap shut and nod. that simple.

PS. Listen to NC skier. did I say that?
    Bold above is pretty much spot on with what I was getting at. Those fundamentalist bible thumpers and rebel flag waving ignoramuses are more often than not the same person. Just ask one about their thoughts on police brutality and National Anthem kneeling..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    <snip>

I hope my wife’s company fucks off and this doesn’t come to fruition.
    Don't leave this up to her company. Take control. Have you seen the unemployment rate recently?

She’s applying for new jobs already but unfortunately she’s kind of niche. But for sure that is the goal.

I’m just a goddam trophy husband with a mediocre desk job, she brings home the bacon.

<snip>
    I’m just a goddam trophy husband with a mediocre desk job, she brings home the bacon.
    Fix that shit, man. Or maybe live with less. Less is more, or so they say.

Safe to say Iceman does NOT like Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    pure gimmick imo, just a marketing ploy for viewer ratings

Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 12-13-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Safe to say Iceman does NOT like Charlotte.
    And has never set foot in the city...I get it though. I hate Utah, cause it’s full of cultish polygamists.

Btw, AK, I might have missed it, got distracted by the fake news, but what type of work does your wife do?
    Also, like I said, I’ve lived here for 13yrs. I live in the city, not the burbs. I’m in a neighborhood called Elizabeth literally on the border of another neighborhood called Plaza Midwood which is probably the most progressive neighborhood in the city, along with NODA.

I’d be glad to answer any questions you have as best I can. Just PM me.

Yeah I don't hate Charlotte, I've never been there. I do kinda hate what I imagine it to be though.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    And has never set foot in the city...I get it though. I hate Utah, cause it’s full of cultish polygamists.

Btw, AK, I might have missed it, got distracted by the fake news, but what type of work does your wife do?
    Also, like I said, I’ve lived here for 13yrs. I live in the city, not the burbs. I’m in a neighborhood called Elizabeth literally on the border of another neighborhood called Plaza Midwood which is probably the most progressive neighborhood in the city, along with NODA.

I’d be glad to answer any questions you have as best I can. Just PM me.
    Cool. Thanks man. Someone nailed it earlier when they said the demographic was Bankers.

Her bank may be consolidating the remote workers to core locations.

take the relo package or get fired situation.

I appreciate the info.

Iceman definitely won’t be there for your house warming party, so factor that into your choice as well.

Well fuck.......

Was gonna break out the Jordache’s too.

Cool. Thanks man. Someone nailed it earlier when they said the demographic was Bankers.

I appreciate the info.
    Part of the BB&T - SunTrust merger?
    I still call it The Jake.

I appreciate the info.
    Well if you’re one of those rich young banker types, you need to find an $800,000 tear down in Myers Park, blow it up and build your dream home.

I wish.

Who ordered the swampy balls for Memorial Day weekend.
    I’m not in jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She’s applying for new jobs already but unfortunately she’s kind of niche. But for sure that is the goal.

I'd follow the money if I were you. As much as I bash the redneck element around here, the cost of living is low compared to places north and east, and compared to the west metroplexes too. You get 85% of the amenities of a Boston or Long Island for half the price. You'll not be able to avoid the assholes at work or around town, higher number of them than places northeast or northwest for sure. But, it's really not a horrible place other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    You get 85% of the amenities of a Boston...
    Depends on how you live to a degree but Charlotte vs Boston proper is not even close.

Anyone know about Charlotte NC?

I'd follow the money if I were you. As much as I bash the redneck element around here, the cost of living is low compared to places north and east, and compared to the west metroplexes too. You get 85% of the amenities of a Boston or Long Island for half the price. You'll not be able to avoid the assholes at work or around town, higher number of them than places northeast or northwest for sure. But, it's really not a horrible place other than that.
    More assholes in Charlotte than in the Northeast? Do you realize how many people in Charlotte are from the northeast? And I’m not sure how you could even say that...
    How much time have you spent in Charlotte? You do realize that the triangle is different than Charlotte don’t you?
    Raleigh must be a real shitty place to live.

More assholes in Charlotte than in the Northeast? Do you realize how many people in Charlotte are from the northeast? And I’m not sure how you could even say that...
    How much time have you spent in Charlotte? You do realize that the triangle is different than Charlotte don’t you?
    Point noted, should have said "racist assholes" or "bible thumping assholes". The transplants from the north, and the chill folks from around Ashville are a lot smarter and better educated than the folks who truly grew up around Charlotte 30 years ago.

FWIW, Raleigh and Durham are pretty night and day with regard to diversity.. Although there's been quite a bit of gentrification in Durham over the past 10 years.

I’m not not even sure that guy lives in North Carolina. The asshole quotient on a flight from Newark alone is higher then the city as a whole.
    OP asking for real advice, don’t listen to the crank from supposedly Durham.
    If she in banking Suntrust bbt merger is moving corporate headquarters here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I’m not not even sure that guy lives in North Carolina. The asshole quotient on a flight from Newark alone is higher then the city as a whole.
    OP asking for real advice, don’t listen to the crank from supposedly Durham.
    If she in banking Suntrust bbt merger is moving corporate headquarters here as well.

Try to keep up. I told OP I'd take the deal in spite of the social aspects being different than northeast and northwest.

See clarification below..

Point noted, should have said "racist assholes" or "bible thumping assholes". The transplants from the north, and the chill folks from around Ashville are a lot smarter and better educated than the folks who truly grew up around Charlotte 30 years ago.

FWIW, Raleigh and Durham are pretty night and day with regard to diversity.. Although there's been quite a bit of gentrification in Durham over the past 10 years.