Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A guy I went to college with commited murder/suicide

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/02/...end-like-this/

This has been bothering me for a while, I wasn't close friends with this guy, but I did teach whitewater and climbing classes with him and we were in the same circle of friends. He stole a pair of sunglasses from me then threatened me for calling him out on it. I quit associating with him rather than take it any further.

Fast forward to this year and he kills his wife and then himself. Some mutual friends are acting like he's the victim and called me an asshole for condemning the fucker. Go figure. People are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Some mutual friends are acting like he's the victim and called me an asshole for condemning the fucker. Go figure. People are fucked.
    What the fucking fuck?

He stole a pair of sunglasses from me.
    You should’ve kicked his ass

some victim.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If he started with himself he could be a victim. I find it very hard to have sympathy for a murderer in a murderer-suicide and things would be simpler if they inverted the order.

What's wrong with your friends?

this has got to be the OP's fault
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    What's wrong with your friends?
    The old school way of addressing problems: pretend they don't exist & hope they go away.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    a murderer-suicide...things would be simpler if they inverted the order.
    Suicide-murders are tricky to pull off correctly.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

There's no valid justification for murder suicide if it was truly murder first. I also lean towards the idea that anyone who kills themself was suffereing from some form of mental illness and/or chronic depression. Still fucked up and evil to take out innocent others before offing yourself. Just off yourself and leave others out if the death plan.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Shitty all around.

its america so would it be ok if he had used a gun and then we could all offered thot s and prayers ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Fast forward to this year and he kills his wife and then himself. Some mutual friends are acting like he's the victim and called me an asshole for condemning the fucker. Go figure. People are fucked.
    They are scared and confused. Condemning him would mean they have to face the fact they didn't know him. That they were wrong and that someone they knew and liked turned out to be a monster. Those are hard things for most people to admit/accept.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

The only person I knew that killed his girlfriend and then himself was such a good person and loved by many people. No one could imagine he could do that.
    His brother was one of my best friends and i watched a functional family end up in pieces. I tried to help him cope but it was beyond any ability I had.

I no longer have any illusion that only bad people will murder before killing themselves.

IME the one pulling the trigger ain't no way the victim.
    Your friends are idiots. Fuck them.

sad
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

A former coworker was close friends with a guy that killed his girlfriend at UVA. Coworker couldn't get his head around the guilt of his friend despite knowing the victim. Not a dumb guy either, just not something he was capable of digesting.

What kind of sunglasses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this has got to be the OP's fault
    How can you judge so quickly.

Before we even know what kind of sunglasses.

That sucks all around.

One of my college roommates (and friend from high school) shot and killed his wife in front of one of their young children. I don't think I can ever really process it. Much easier to disassociate and just look back at the guy as a total whacked out fuckhead. People always thought he was a bit off, so at least I didn't have anyone defending his actions. That would be tough to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    its america so would it be ok if he had used a gun and then we could all offered thot s and prayers ?
    He did use a gun. He was one of the good white guys who just shot targets. No reason to worry. Thoughts and prayers.

Rick Geddes said his son was an avid outdoorsman who liked to target shoot.

Studies have also shown that when a gun is present in a home and there is any sort of history of domestic violence, a woman is about five times more likely to die by that firearm, Oxborrow said.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    He did use a gun. He was one of the good white guys who just shot targets. No reason to worry. Thoughts and prayers.

Rick Geddes said his son was an avid outdoorsman who liked to target shoot.

Studies have also shown that when a gun is present in a home and there is any sort of history of domestic violence, a woman is about five times more likely to die by that firearm, Oxborrow said.
    But if the wife had 2 guns, she'd probably still be alive. More guns FTW.

More sunglasses couldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    What kind of sunglasses?
    Sunclouds...

I guess the part that set me off was his birthday popping up on Facespace and all these folks posting tributes about what a great person we lost, newsflash, he was an asshole back then and apparently even more of one up to this. I guess I have hard time processing their confusion.

Sunclouds...
    Thoughts and prayers.

Sunclouds...

I guess the part that set me off was his birthday popping up on Facespace and all these folks posting tributes about what a great person we lost, newsflash, he was an asshole back then and apparently even more of one up to this. I guess I have hard time processing their confusion.
    Fuck those fuckers. Heart goes out to the murder victim.

My step-sister was murdered on October 13th, 2010, at the age of 44 by her husband. He then killed himself. Her sons, 10 and 12 at the time, were in bed. The older boy found his mom in the morning. The father was behind the bed. He didn't see him.

Her family was best friends of the family across the street. I'd know her since I was 1. She was actually my first kiss when we were little. We were playing house and I was going to "work". So she planted one on me. I must've been 5 or 6 at the time and I remember it like it was yesterday. Our parents got together when we were both about 25. We were good friends while growing up- ran in the same circles- so it was kind of weird at first, but then we were just a big mishmashed Brady Bunch family.

She was a really great person.

It just pops in my head out of the blue. Probably every other day or so. I struggle through the same thoughts each time- could I have reached out to her husband? I knew he suffered from depression. We were friendly- he seemed to like me. Could I have stopped it? How come she didn't let on how bad it was?

My dad raised the boys, but they're not what you'd call completely normal. I don't think our family will ever really get over it. Somethings just can't be understood.

Fuck that was hard to write. Sorry if it was too much information, but I typed it, so there it is.