Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    None of us truly know anyone, even ourselves. Especially ourselves. A lot of people who are very friendly, are liked and even loved by many do despicable things, especially to those closest to them who know them the best. Thing of all the relationships we know about that seem great until they fall apart. Are these bad people hiding behind a mask, are they manipulative sociopaths, are they good people who made bad decisions or were under unusual duress? Does it matter? Is there such a thing as good people and bad people? In the end many of us, like your friends, will judge people based on how those people treated us, rather than by bad things they did to other people. Give those mutual friends some time; if they continue to give you a hard time you're better rid of them.
    RipN'Stick wrote :
    ^this. Sometimes we are a lot closer to snapping than we think. Sometimes it's a snap, sometimes it's quiet despair, sometimes, it's cold and calculated. I know how each feels. But always did the "let's wake up tomorrow and see how you feel"

these are Good posts - especially goat.

I agree about giving people Time ( - as another earlier post states, they are in denial ( : How could this happen ? ) ) , But

If they continue to direct their anger toward you , let 'em go .

. . . a hard situation every way.

(my) Condolences to anyone touched by murder.
    I am sorry. tj

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Hopefully we stop making jokes and start taking mental illness seriously in this country.
    Considering the, apparent, popularity of the "Meanwhile in Florida", POS Human Beings", "Darwin Award", et al threads in the Padded Room, it ain't starting here, Bro.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Considering the, apparent, popularity of the "Meanwhile in Florida", POS Human Beings", "Darwin Award", et al threads in the Padded Room, it ain't starting here, Bro.
    Hey at least we write Thank You notes.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Perhaps if we wrote more Thank You notes people would be less angry?

Or more angry because they have to write them.? Idk.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

In our case, the guy used an old, piece of shit 22 pistol with a broken handle that he'd had since he was a kid. I truly believe had that gun not been there, she'd be alive today. However, him having depression (I don't think he was actually medically diagnosed with it, but it was obvious he suffered from it) may not have been enough to make him get rid of it. I had an old 22 pistol too. I gave it to my dad. Just didn't want it in the house after that.

He smoked pot like cigarettes. He was a cabinet maker and would smoke weed all day long. Like 10 fatties a day. She always blamed the weed for some of his/their problems. When we were going their belongings we found paperwork for a rehab stint he'd recently gone through for weed. I always wondered if that was a good idea. He was obviously was self-medicating.

Ick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 7.52.42 AM.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	310.2 KB 
ID:	283350  

Maybe now you can get your Sunclouds back. I really like the pair I've had since the mid 1990s.

Reach out to his family with.. "hey is this a bad time to check and see if he still had the glasses I loaned him?"..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

^^fkna just realized this is the one that happened a couple miles from my hood. That's the one where the guy kilt his badass lady out of professional jealousy & insecurity around being a second fiddle income-wise. Just a massive coward & piece of shit, imho. That story pissed me off the second I read it.

A guy I went to college with commited murder/suicide

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3628.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	578.4 KB 
ID:	283355
    Wtf

Edit to add -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3630.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	283356

Are these the shades!?

from the trib comments

Attachment 283357

A guy I went to college with commited murder/suicide

Shit, were they from Tahoe? That looks like a photo taken for a Homewood wedding