heart rate monitor and strava

I ran a Polar hr monitor for a while and I can not link it anymore to strava. I am IT challenged, after some homework it looks like they stopped supporting Polar. All I want is a good hr monitor strap that links to strava,, any ideas? I know someone on here uses strava with a hr monitor.....

THANKS

Are you linking Strava via your phone? Or, via the Polar device?

I use my Garmin to record the route and HR, then upload to Strava. Sometimes use the Strava app with HR strap that is Bluetooth compatible to the phone.

Your recording device needs to record the heart rate. I use a garmin which displays the heart rate (so I can verify the suffering), and it uploads it to strava when I post my ride. If you are using the phone app, I'm not sure if you can use a strap for HR, unless you can get the phone to read it.

So i payed up for the 5 bucks a month on strava for heart rate and all extra intel. I was using the polar strap with the apple 7 and the phone app.

I like to watch calories burned and average heart rate, it seem to let me know when I am lazy vs pushing myself...

Polar HR monitors are buggy and not worth the $$. Garmins are marginally better but often take 2-5 miles before they start sending data to the device. I have used both. Best HR monitor is the Wahoo Tickr. Has Bluetooth (for iPhones) and ANT+ (for GPS units)

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices...art-rate-strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Wahoo. Way better than my old Polar. Seems very consistent.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

My Samsung watch makes HR stuff pretty easy. It talks to my phone and can upload everything from the Samsung Health app including the map of the ride. I haven't played with it much but I saw someones that showed his heart rate on a chart like Strava shows elevation so you could overlay it to see what the HR was along the way.