2019 Blizzard Rustler 11 188; 2016 Kastle MX98 184

I have two pair of skis for sale: First 2019 Blizzard Rustler 11 188 with two days on them. However, they have two mounts: Demo Wardens and LOOK Pivot (as shown). Mint condition: 9.5/10 bases and top sheets. I could find no marks nicks, or otherwise. $400 sans bindings or $600 with P14
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4638.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	282908

Name:	IMG_4639.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	282909

Next: 2016 KÄSTLE MX98 184. About 60 or so days on them. No core shots or top sheet chips, but there are some light scratches on both. These skis have just been broken in. My last pair of MX98 had 200+ days on them and still had plenty of life. $400 sans bindings, or $600 with P14.

Name:	IMG_4640.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	282910

Name:	IMG_4641.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	282911
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 05-17-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police." M. Thatcher (RIP)
    "...
    Judges smoke it, even the lawyer too...So you've got to legalize it..." Peter Tosh

What are the BSL’s on both?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

305bsl on both
    Lange RX/SX 26.5 shells
    "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police." M. Thatcher (RIP)
    "...
    Judges smoke it, even the lawyer too...So you've got to legalize it..." Peter Tosh

Convenient for me! I may need to hit you up for more info on the MX. Moved back to Mid East coast and looking for a groomer. I never really skied kastles. I’ve heard good things. I think I need 84’s based on what I’m told and aging knees.

Moving away from 98 wrens which I liked a lot but still cant see them as a true groomer because I needed to slarve them into turns. Loved them as an all around ski.

If you have time I’d appreciate your comments on them though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I ski the rockies. 95% in UT. 5% scattered around WY and CO. What I can tell you is that during the past 6 or so years, I have put about 325-350 out of 450 or so days on MX 98. They have a 27m radius, ash and fir sandwiched by 2 layers of metal and rubber dampening throughout. ABS sidewall and positive camber.
    I have skied Brahmas, Bonafides, Mantras, Kendos, and Scot Schmidt Pros, and can tell you that the Kastles are beefier, more stable, faster and less chattery than all of the above. You need to be on top of them, or they will kick your ass. The turning radius is for those who prefer medium big mountain turns. The skis don’t over flex, over turn or wash out. Don’t buy these if you are looking for a forgiving ski, even like the ones mentioned above. I don’t think that an expert, or accomplished skier can buy a more precise, versatile or smoother big mountain ski for groomers, chop, crud and boot high soft snow. Best thing about the ski is its ability to cut through and finish entire turns smoothly and confidently.
    Probably my favorite ski ever.
    "...

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I ski the rockies. 95% in UT. 5% scattered around WY and CO. What I can tell you is that during the past 6 or so years, I have put about 325-350 out of 450 or so days on MX 98. They have a 27m radius, ash and fir sandwiched by 2 layers of metal and rubber dampening throughout. ABS sidewall and positive camber.
    I have skied Brahmas, Bonafides, Mantras, Kendos, and Scot Schmidt Pros, and can tell you that the Kastles are beefier, more stable, faster and less chattery than all of the above. You need to be on top of them, or they will kick your ass. The turning radius is for those who prefer medium big mountain turns. The skis don’t over flex, over turn or wash out. Don’t buy these if you are looking for a forgiving ski, even like the ones mentioned above. I don’t think that an expert, or accomplished skier can buy a more precise, versatile or smoother big mountain ski for groomers, chop, crud and boot high soft snow. Best thing about the ski is its ability to cut through and finish entire turns smoothly and confidently.
    Probably my favorite ski ever.
    Nice synopsis, I have been amazed with the mx88's. I would have bought these if it were 3 months ago.