Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Jesus, nice find Abe! So "average velocity of the rock avalanche-debris flow phases, from seismic analysis, was ~ 25–30 m/s," thats 90 to 108 km/hr (or 67mph for those with a different system), shit damn you're not outrunning that little slide!

Also interesting to note "Progressive glacier retreat and permafrost degradation were likely the conditioning factors"
    Scary event on a lot of levels.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8774.JPG 
Views:	236 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	315905
    Went for a ski up the S side this week. Central looks skiable with a rap, think there may still be one out the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post

Name:	IMG_8774.JPG 
Views:	236 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	315905
    Went for a ski up the S side this week. Central looks skiable with a rap, think there may still be one out the bottom

Did you get a peak in Joffre Couloir? If this is that filled in, i imagine its good to go too?

super hard to peek in. even on a good snow year its a pretty big rap in. I think you can kind of get a side view of it from the peak area though

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Did you get a peak in Joffre Couloir? If this is that filled in, i imagine its good to go too?
    Nope

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Wow

Nice to read

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    super hard to peek in. even on a good snow year its a pretty big rap in. I think you can kind of get a side view of it from the peak area though
    Thanks man.

Exit of Central looked pretty good 2 weeks ago.
    Woulda been the time to hit it.
    Park shut down so there’s that issue

Friend skied central last week, after earlier skiing Joffre couloir

Bottom up, rather than rapping in.

I think that’s a 1st since the slide

Name:	Image1651517998.663271.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	415113

Burly. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Friend skied central last week, after earlier skiing Joffre couloir

Bottom up, rather than rapping in.

I think that’s a 1st since the slide

Name:	Image1651517998.663271.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	415113

Hey that's me!

Comparing photos from this year vs pre-slide it actually looks like almost the whole line is the same as it was before, though a portion of the looker's right wall has fallen away near the bottom. The whole thing goes no problem (well other than the flutes, incredible steepness, multiple rocky chokes, double fall line, and nasty runnel) when the bottom cliff is filled in enough like this year - including if you were to go top-down. If I remember correctly the cliff at the exit was always a major obstacle.

I was going to upload a before/after photo here but I'm getting an unknown error on the app - will try again from the computer later if I can remember.

I hadn't heard of a Joffre Couloir ski since Cody's either (though I'm sure it has been skied post-slide and pre Peter and I). As far as I can tell that line is exactly the same as it was before the slide.

We got a good look at where Twisting should've been too and it is well and truly gone as a ski line.

Totally serious question - if this is the first post-slide descent do we get to rename the line? A line that prominent and burly deserves better name than Central Couloir. And beside that, now that Twisting is gone it's really (Skier's) Left Couloir or (Looker's) Right Couloir