Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    There
    I moved it to appease the thread police
    Happy now? probably not
    Now we will make the real gear heads mad. Oh well

I briefly thought of that
    but then I thought if so, F those haters
    skid luxury

We will just have to embrace the liminal and androgynousness that is the Peloton Group. Shit maybe we are a Cult?

Pedal on.

How many pulled teeth does this thing cost?!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    5 ranges.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wait...b-bear has mod-like powers?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Depends if they have gold or silver filings.

I’m on there. I spend most of my time running outside in the summer and fall, so I don’t do many of the spin classes. I really like that the classes are on demand, it’s hard with my schedule to join live classes. Right now I use the yoga classes and some of the outdoor stuff to change things up. I’ll do the occasional spin class if the weather is really bad. I don't have a peloton bike, wanted to see how much I’d actually use it first. I may splash out this fall or winter and get their bike.

FYI- Jess King is the best. Totally weird, but the best. Her EDM classes rock.

I have only done 1 live class. Never seem to get on the bike at the right time.

It is pretty addictive. I was on the fence for a while, but when my wife hurt her back, we decided to go for it. Not a cheap venture, but when I see what the Mtn Bikes I rent in Pisgah actually retail for, I think it is a decent investment.

Yes, it is a stationary bike, but it is really built well, and the screen is interactive. The only thing they missed on is having gear shifters that control the resistance. I would also love if it inclined and declined automatically in sync with the scenic rides, along with automatic resistance changes in sync with the hills, but that would be a much pricier bike I think.

We put a cheap 55" tv in our workout room. We stream the floor workouts to that. Very nice setup for someone that hates the gym.

(brag) I got 90 days on the rollers this year. I watched every episode of Narcos, some movies, and 2/3 rds of Breaking Bad...I don’t know if I could bail to another platform without trying in a few times first.
    I bet I could put out more watts per session if I joined something that had groups, but I am pretty happy with my results so far this year.
    Thoughts?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I am going with:

#PowderRiders

I will try to make the group all official and shit through FB

I understand that we won’t all be riding together all the time, but if we build a big enough tribe we might always have a buddy or two to ride with.

To the previous post about groups being a motivator. I find them to be. Having a live and alltime leader board to pace, as well as my PR for ride lengths has helped me to stay motivated.

Peloton Group

Such a long hashtag how will I fit #sweaxyaf on that line too.

I don’t do FB so I don’t know shit about the groups or where/how to join the group in the app. I just see an array of hashtags and search them on IG or twitter.

Tech question: Any tall riders using these bikes? I'm only 6'2" but the $400 spin bike I bought on CL is too small for me (I think it is a rice burner), so of course I should invest in one that costs about 5 times as much and get a monthly subscription

https://www.google.com/search?client...iner+for+zwift

Smart Trainers. Same things except you use a real bike that you can also ride outside when the mood strikes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?client...iner+for+zwift

Smart Trainers. Same things except you use a real bike that you can also ride outside when the mood strikes you.
    Yeah, we get it. Now I need my bike, my wife's bike, kids' bikes. I would have to switch them out. I would then need to subscribe to Peloton anyway, or use Zwift.

I looked into them. Some looked pretty cool, but Zwift gets mixed reviews. Peloton gets damn good reviews, but I suspect anyone that shells the money out is going to give it a good review just to justify it.

Whatever works for you is the right answer. I needed something that worked for the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Tech question: Any tall riders using these bikes? I'm only 6'2" but the $400 spin bike I bought on CL is too small for me (I think it is a rice burner), so of course I should invest in one that costs about 5 times as much and get a monthly subscription
    Totally adjustable height on handle bars, seat post, and seat slides back and forth. Bit of a learning curve to get the right setting, but it is well marked with letters, so you just write down your optimal settings once you get it dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Such a long hashtag how will I fit #sweaxyaf on that line too.

I don’t do FB so I don’t know shit about the groups or where/how to join the group in the app. I just see an array of hashtags and search them on IG or twitter.
    How about: #PowRide

is that short enough to let everyone know you are sweaxy?

So so we can’t link up through a member search through the location line. We can only search through the user name. So the best way to do it really is to just share our usernames with each other.

Why should the hashtag be anything but #maggots?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

#maggoton

#itwillalwaysbeapoundsigntome

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    #itwillalwaysbeapoundsigntome
    #metoo

I think the group should simply be called

#trainingforAK

I don't think anything is more subtle and perfect, but I will let y'all decide. Like I said, if we have a group, I will have to ride more.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    but you still live in florida :P
    Our obesity rates are declining. Meth and Opioids are very slimming.

I personally love living here, but I am not in Orlando or South FL, which I hate.

We can make the tribe name whatever we want. I was thinking about skipping #maggot because I am hoping we can get more skiers that aren’t on TGR. If we get enough of us Mags those then I am on board.

First step though, we need to get connected. I will start shooting PMs with my screen name.

I just 50th ride this morning!