Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Peloton Group

Thanks for the PM Storm Hood. I have added you.

Username is below as I have no shame and give zero fucks about my lack of fitness mastery. I'm just a bionic rehab patient pedaling my swampass to sanity.

highwheeler
    Name:  IMG_7172.PNG
Views: 1239
Size:  109.6 KB

Shout out to High Wheeler. You are getting after it this week!

I played with the location line. I dropped my age and gender. Fred yo some room, played with the emojis (super cool skier and mountains work) and settled on

#🗻Mags

If you agree adopt it too. Way cool starting to work out with some of you.

SpinningInfnity is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Shout out to High Wheeler. You are getting after it this week!

I played with the location line. I dropped my age and gender. Fred yo some room, played with the emojis (super cool skier and mountains work) and settled on

#��Mags

If you agree adopt it too. Way cool starting to work out with some of you.
    Thanks Storm Hood you have been doing some serious damage! I have decided the Peloton beats the hell out of walking endlessly around the neighborhood for hours. With my "no impact" and low weight restriction I have found the classes to be a great release. I am truly shocked by how quickly time goes by on that machine. I have yet to add any hashtags but always fun to add others to the following.

How do you do the hashtag thingy?
    I am not figuring it out.

It looks like you changed it to something else too?
    I am not sure what the group thing gets us. Does it keep track of us as a team?
    I am still trying to figure this whole thing out.

That new Crush Your Core program by Emma Love looks pretty killer. Did the first one of a 4 week session today. Most of them are only 5-10 minutes. Gonna try to stick with it for 4 weeks and report back. My goal is to not stop drinking beer, and have a flatter stomach. Is that possible at 45? Guess we will find out.

What bike/spin instructors do you guys like? I tried a class with the live DJ and almost had to stop it was so hard to watch that dude dance...

Ally Love is fun, and fun to watch.

Jess King is really funny and seems pretty cool. Her spin classes are more fun, but not extremely tough.

Robin is pretty tough.

One of my friends recommended Jennifer Jacobs' hill climb as a tough ride.

My wife is partial to Dennis.
    I have yet to take a guy class for some odd reason.

Have not tried the liveDJ classes. The guy standing next to the computer with his cock damn near in the male instructors mouth as he was pedaling was enough to make me skip right past.

+1 on Ally Love.

Also a fan of Alex Toussant, Robin Arzon and Cody Rigsby.

Christine is great for post ride cool downs right before bed. Attempted a cool down with Matt, fuck that was painful.

Have taken a Dennis class or two, it was fine. Not great, not awful.

By looking at the crowd in the mirror behind the instructor you can get a pretty good idea of what kind of ride you are in for. I have been surprised a couple of times, I figure the instructor doesn't give a fuck and is going to give everyone a solid grind regardless who is in the studio with them.

Will have to check out the core crushing.

I have yet to figure out the hashtags. Not sure if they mean a fucking thing as I do not think there is a way to search using the hashtags only usernames.

Damn leaderboard! I had just finished a HIIT ride and a “Just Ride” cool down, when I see a Mag in a “recovery ride,” so I jump in too.

I thought I could keep it cool and not push the leader board, until I see our fellow Mag, Highwheeler leading the show, with one rando in between he and myself in third, so naturally I had to chase, not to kick and lead, but to make sure I was second to finish with a friend. I had to go back to a just ride again to cool off because I had ended up pushing 300 watts for 3 min, and that isn’t really a “recovery.”

Good riding with you Highwheeler!

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    How do you do the hashtag thingy?
    I am not figuring it out.

It looks like you changed it to something else too?
    I am not sure what the group thing gets us. Does it keep track of us as a team?
    I am still trying to figure this whole thing out.
    Hashtags a searchable thing on social media such as Instagram. Let’s say a ski resort posts a pic with #powder then they will get traffic to their posts even if the viewer hadn’t been looking for their particular resort.

Like any name, they have to develop meaning. Hashtags do have the flaw of becoming ambiguous. Just like # powder is used for both snow and coke. I had #pow⛷ but I have since learned it can easily be misidentified as Prisoner of War.

I have settled on:

#🚠tribe

Trams are synonymous with mountains and skiing (Snowbird uses it frequently) and tribe is the most common naming unit for Peloton. Also, it hasn’t been claimed by anyone/anything yet.

So if you too want to rock the hashtag too, the easiest way to is through the Peloton app. Edit your location and use your phone’s emojis for the “Cable car”

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Damn leaderboard! I had just finished a HIIT ride and a “Just Ride” cool down, when I see a Mag in a “recovery ride,” so I jump in too.

I thought I could keep it cool and not push the leader board, until I see our fellow Mag, Highwheeler leading the show, with one rando in between he and myself in third, so naturally I had to chase, not to kick and lead, but to make sure I was second to finish with a friend. I had to go back to a just ride again to cool off because I had ended up pushing 300 watts for 3 min, and that isn’t really a “recovery.”

Good riding with you Highwheeler!
    Sorry to ruin your cool down. I just jumped on to warm up the old joints before stretching out as I was feeling super stiff from getting thrashed on a raft fishing in the river the day before. I just had to get a little active recovery in so I wouldn’t wake up sore this morning.

When your name showed up out of nowhere below mine I was super confused as I had not encountered a peloton “friend” being online at the same time. It really didn’t click in that you were doing the same ride at that time until I changed the leaderboard view back and forth and you were still there.

Congrats on your 3 ride (or more) evening!

It’s cool riding with folks. You didn’t ruin anything. It was a blessing to get that recovery ride in. I hope we can get more Mags on the Tram!

My Lady loves her SoulCycle. We are thinking about Peloton as an alternative that I could use too (not a fitness class guy).

Is the Peloton bike worth $2k? Does saving money by purchasing an spin bike, sensors, iPad mount off amazon make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Is the Peloton bike worth $2k? Does saving money by purchasing an spin bike, sensors, iPad mount off amazon make sense?
    Hi Nick,

Not sure where your research has taken you, but this topic comes up a lot on the /pelotoncycle subreddit (and I understand a facebook group as well). The latest one is here (but others may be more thorough):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pelotoncycl...loton_bike_to/

As I understand it, by not having a Peloton brand bike, you mainly miss the output/power metric/tracking and associated leaderboard participation and milestone awards. Seems like getting HR and cadence into the app is pretty straightforward.

I was able avoid the whole discussion by simply having my wife buy the Peloton bike on a whim, and now I have to amortize it with saddle time. For our use cases:

- Her - Doesn't use any metrics or tracking, but now has classes at home and doesn't worry about managing her schedule around a specific class/instructor, signing up for classes on time, etc. -> Non-Peloton bike solution works well here
    - Me - New to/enjoying structured workouts, but care more about output metrics -> Non-Peloton solution would be fine *if* it includes power calculation, recognizing that this info would remain independent of Peloton data in its own app/interface. So, for this to work for me, I would need whatever bike/trainer to include a power meter
    - Kids* - they come and go as they please, have fun, don't cost any extra

I *think* I would have taken your approach to test the waters, but upgraded at some point. I'm not a fitness class guy either, but having them delivered to your living room gets rid of a ton of friction obviously. Having the classes + output metrics promotes it to my preferred method of <60 minutes workout. Conversely, if the non-Peloton solution did not have output/power tracking, it would absolutely relegate the thing to foul weather trainer status only.

A couple more notes:
    - Leaderboard component not a driver for any of us. May be different for you or your wife
    - Social aspects should still work fine
    - I don't know anything about SoulCycle (programs, metrics, etc.), but it sounds like the cost savings of a 2-3x/week program over the course of a year could easily cover the cost delta between a Peloton vs. DIY solution. Cover it, but not necessarily justify it!
    - Depending on where you live, Peloton bikes maintain strong resale value. Frankly, if you came up with a homegrown solution that worked well with Peloton (bike + monitor + sensors), I would think it would similarly have strong resale potential if you could demonstrate to the next people interested in checking out Peloton,

Good luck,
    Paul

* Reigning Self-Certified Best Skiers at Squaw

Finished my 100th ride today.

Its been way cool getting the extra badges by riding with you all.

I also started a Facebook group. Peloton Skiers and Snowboarders #🚠tribe. It should be searchable

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Is the Peloton bike worth $2k?
    Hold the fucking phone, all you people are paying $2k plus a membership fee to pretend to go biking?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Hold the fucking phone, all you people are paying $2k plus a membership fee to pretend to go biking?
    Its a cardio machine with built in instruction and metrics. I don’t rethink anyone is pretending to go cycling.

An equivalent spin class is $30. Do that once a week and the cost adds up...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah, I much prefer getting my heart rate elevated by trolling TGR on my $2K computer.

I will admit I would have never purchased the machine or the membership. All my wife’s doing. We have 2 trainers and tons of other DIY home solutions that all sucked. Peloton works for me. Zero interest in getting on a “real” bike again.

I've been mixing up the bike with Peloton treadmill. Holy shit...great workouts at all levels.

I'll try to add you guys.

Pulling the trigger on one of these. Someone shoot me their referral code via PM, and I'll hook it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Zero interest in getting on a “real” bike again.
    Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Pulling the trigger on one of these. Someone shoot me their referral code via PM, and I'll hook it up.
    FQN7M6

Welcome Paulster!