Thumbs up Pitch Your Ultimate Road Trip And TGR Will Pay For It!

It's the last week to enter TGR's Tough Fun contest for a fully-funded adventure road trip in June, and we're still looking for submissions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marquee2__marquee.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	944.4 KB 
ID:	282818

What exactly is this contest? It's simple: We've teamed up with Ford to send three teams on month-long road trips in the brand new Ford Ranger and make a short film about it. Two trips are locked and loaded, but the third is up for grabs. We'll pay for the trip. All you need to do is come up with a killer idea!

my buddy harold and i are trying to get to a White Castle... can you help us?

What happened to all of the other comments?

Is this for people that dont have jobs ?
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

You are a racist if you don't select me.

Pick me or I’ll come to Jackson and fart in your Tram.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Is this for people that dont have jobs ?
    Hey, that's me!!

OK, total off the top of my head and spur of the moment. Stream of consciousness sort of thing...

Load up truck in Calgary with:
    - SUP; skis; mtn bikes (DH and XC); snorkle gear; hiking boots; frisbee; BBQ (charcoal only thank you); tent; food

Day 1. 1st stop - Exshaw. Mtn bike Prospector. Drive to Lake Louise, SUP in Lake Louise, do not do any yoga on my SUP. Swim in Lake Louise (very quickly), astound and terrify the tourists. Overnight somewhere on Hwy 93N.
    Day 2. Ski something on Hwy 93N. Drive to Golden and camp there.
    Day 3. Mtn bike in Golden.
    Day 4. Ski the 7 in Golden, SUP in Cedar Lake, camp near there.
    Day 5 drive to the Organic Sports Ranch near Parson, BC. Play tennis on their clay court and beat the owner. Play a round of disc golf (18 "holes" I guess). Drive to Invermere, bike the Johnson, drive to Panorama where you will put me up in a fancy hotel with a hot tub.
    Day 6. DH at Panorama (if it's not open, then bike the Kloosifier). SUP the Columbia River into Lake Windermere. Stay at a buddies place in Fairmont.
    Day 7. Hike to the top of a peak in the Invermere/Radium area (6 to 9 hour hike/scramble). Drive to Kimberly, where you will put me up in a fancy hotel with a hot tub.
    Day 8. Bike something cool and hard. Drive to Moyie Lake, SUP then camp there.
    Day 9. Drive to Creston and DH shuttle something with buddies from Rossland. Drive to Rossland, stay at my ski maker buddy Al's place.
    Day 10. Bike the Seven Summit mtn bike trail. Stay at my buddy's place in rossland.
    Day 11. Ski something (Old Glory perhaps if it's in shape). Stay at a hotel in fancy hotel in rossland with a hot tub and a masseuse, because I'm sore and my buddy and his family are sick of me.
    Day 12. Drive to China Bend Vineyards (just happened to see it on the map, know nothing about it). Rest day. Drink wine and stay overnight there.
    Day 13. Drive to Missoula, mtn bike something. Stay at a buddies place in Missoula.
    Day 14. ski something. My buddy will know of something I'm sure.
    Day 15. SUP somewhere (again thinking local knowledge will help me out), then drive to Alpental. Stay with a buddy.
    Day 16. mtn bike something (the buddy in Alpental knows lots of stuff to do). Stay with Alpental buddy again.
    Day 17. Drive to Greenwood, mtn bike something in the area (Greenwater buddy knows lot's of stuff to do there). Stay with Greenwood buddy.
    Day 18. Ski something (Greenwood buddy will know what to do, perhaps something on Rainier). Stay with Greenwater buddy again.
    Day 19. Drive to Seattle where you will put me up in a fancy hotel with a hot tub and masseuse. I will drink some fancy wine, eat some nice seafood and then rest deeply.
    Day 20 Sleep in and then SUP in the ocean. I don't know where, somewhere where I won't drown and get eaten by sea cucumbers. Drive to buddies place at Flowing Lake. SUP in the lake, then wakeboard, waterski (slalom of course), and jet ski. I will provide steaks, wine and beer to a number of honored guests. There will be much rejoicing and I will pass out in a lawn chair overlooking the lake, someone will put a sleeping bag over me so I don't succumb to hypothermia.
    Day 21. Drive to Government Camp. This will take much longer than the 4 hours on google as I will have to pull over every couple of hours. You'll put me up in a nice hotel with a hot tub. I may go for a little mtn bike ride, or not. I'll be hurting.
    Day 22. Ski, stay in the hotel again.
    Day 23. Mtn bike, don't know where but I'm sure there's good riding around there. Drive to Bend, stay with a buddy.
    Day 24 Mtn bike around Bend. There's probably not much to do there but hopefully my buddy will find something. Stay at a fancy hotel in Bend, and buy beer for strangers.
    Day 25 Drive to Portland (because I've never been to Portland), SUP in the Columbia river again (because I did it about 20 days ago) and see if I can spot my spittle deposited 20 days ago. Mtn bike something (because I'm sure there is something in the neighborhood). Eat at a food truck, then have you pay for a cheap B&B. I don't want to take advantage of your generosity after all.
    Day 26, 27 Drive back to Calgary as I have to pick up the wife. She retires on June 26th and I promised to pick her up from work on my motorcycle at the end of her shift.

That's all I got.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Hey, that's me!!

OK, total off the top of my head and spur of the moment. Stream of consciousness sort of thing...

Load up truck in Calgary with:
    - SUP; skis; mtn bikes (DH and XC); snorkle gear; hiking boots; frisbee; BBQ (charcoal only thank you); tent; food

Day 1. 1st stop - Exshaw. Mtn bike Prospector. Drive to Lake Louise, SUP in Lake Louise, do not do any yoga on my SUP. Swim in Lake Louise (very quickly), astound and terrify the tourists. Overnight somewhere on Hwy 93N.
    Day 2. Ski something on Hwy 93N. Drive to Golden and camp there.
    Day 3. Mtn bike in Golden.
    Day 4. Ski the 7 in Golden, SUP in Cedar Lake, camp near there.
    Day 5 drive to the Organic Sports Ranch near Parson, BC. Play tennis on their clay court and beat the owner. Play a round of disc golf (18 "holes" I guess). Drive to Invermere, bike the Johnson, drive to Panorama where you will put me up in a fancy hotel with a hot tub.
    Day 6. DH at Panorama (if it's not open, then bike the Kloosifier). SUP the Columbia River into Lake Windermere. Stay at a buddies place in Fairmont.
    Day 7. Hike to the top of a peak in the Invermere/Radium area (6 to 9 hour hike/scramble). Drive to Kimberly, where you will put me up in a fancy hotel with a hot tub.
    Day 8. Bike something cool and hard. Drive to Moyie Lake, SUP then camp there.
    Day 9. Drive to Creston and DH shuttle something with buddies from Rossland. Drive to Rossland, stay at my ski maker buddy Al's place.
    Day 10. Bike the Seven Summit mtn bike trail. Stay at my buddy's place in rossland.
    Day 11. Ski something (Old Glory perhaps if it's in shape). Stay at a hotel in fancy hotel in rossland with a hot tub and a masseuse, because I'm sore and my buddy and his family are sick of me.
    Day 12. Drive to China Bend Vineyards (just happened to see it on the map, know nothing about it). Rest day. Drink wine and stay overnight there.
    Day 13. Drive to Missoula, mtn bike something. Stay at a buddies place in Missoula.
    Day 14. ski something. My buddy will know of something I'm sure.
    Day 15. SUP somewhere (again thinking local knowledge will help me out), then drive to Alpental. Stay with a buddy.
    Day 16. mtn bike something (the buddy in Alpental knows lots of stuff to do). Stay with Alpental buddy again.
    Day 17. Drive to Greenwood, mtn bike something in the area (Greenwater buddy knows lot's of stuff to do there). Stay with Greenwood buddy.
    Day 18. Ski something (Greenwood buddy will know what to do, perhaps something on Rainier). Stay with Greenwater buddy again.
    Day 19. Drive to Seattle where you will put me up in a fancy hotel with a hot tub and masseuse. I will drink some fancy wine, eat some nice seafood and then rest deeply.
    Day 20 Sleep in and then SUP in the ocean. I don't know where, somewhere where I won't drown and get eaten by sea cucumbers. Drive to buddies place at Flowing Lake. SUP in the lake, then wakeboard, waterski (slalom of course), and jet ski. I will provide steaks, wine and beer to a number of honored guests. There will be much rejoicing and I will pass out in a lawn chair overlooking the lake, someone will put a sleeping bag over me so I don't succumb to hypothermia.
    Day 21. Drive to Government Camp. This will take much longer than the 4 hours on google as I will have to pull over every couple of hours. You'll put me up in a nice hotel with a hot tub. I may go for a little mtn bike ride, or not. I'll be hurting.
    Day 22. Ski, stay in the hotel again.
    Day 23. Mtn bike, don't know where but I'm sure there's good riding around there. Drive to Bend, stay with a buddy.
    Day 24 Mtn bike around Bend. There's probably not much to do there but hopefully my buddy will find something. Stay at a fancy hotel in Bend, and buy beer for strangers.
    Day 25 Drive to Portland (because I've never been to Portland), SUP in the Columbia river again (because I did it about 20 days ago) and see if I can spot my spittle deposited 20 days ago. Mtn bike something (because I'm sure there is something in the neighborhood). Eat at a food truck, then have you pay for a cheap B&B. I don't want to take advantage of your generosity after all.
    Day 26, 27 Drive back to Calgary as I have to pick up the wife. She retires on June 26th and I promised to pick her up from work on my motorcycle at the end of her shift.

That's all I got.
    I just copy and pasted this and submitted in the proper fashion through their website. Tell your wife to be ready at 5pm sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What happened to all of the other comments?
    yea wtf

TMM has a pilgrimage to embark upon and now no one will know

tgrweb deleted it, then reposted in trip reports, which is actually the worst place to post this for views. but he's new here, let's give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I just copy and pasted this and submitted in the proper fashion through their website. Tell your wife to be ready at 5pm sharp.
    I think I promised her 3pm though. She'd be pissed if I showed at 5.

And, thanks shrednar!!

edit 2... Not a US resident. Could be a tough W for me.
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 05-17-2019 at 10:29 PM. Reason: forgot to thank shrednar
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Just send Candied to ski everything at Disney.
    watch out for snakes

Hey who won? Did you try to get a hold of me but got my email address wrong????

www.mymountaincoop.ca

IMO, Gary shouda won.

Reasons:

1. Though not a green card carrier, Gary is a true citizen of the globe. IIRC, through his various forays into foreign lands over the past decades, 0.0000001 percenter bucket list items were accrued. Things like keys to capital cities, honorary phds from universities, special culturally specific outdoor recreational activities with heads of state like grizzly bear wrestling with Putin.

2. Quality of contest submission, plus, lifetime body of work and proven TGR novel length, pulitzer prize winning caliber quality of past road trip reports.

3. Charisma, character and entertainment value.

4. Presently under mentorship for upping his game of sending summer sand and gravel skiing lines with the goal of steezing via tele, fixed heel and snowboard equipment options...which contest contenders could match that for their individual clips in the short vid?

Just sayin'. Props to a homie.
    Master of mediocrity.

I 2nd this ^.

C’mon TGR, pull your head outta yer ass!!

Gary wins.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My next big trip (big for me anyway) that I'm planning is to pick up an Ikon pass and do a massive roadie loop from SkiBig3, AB all the way down to California along the west coast and back up the US in a couple months, skiing all along the way. First ever big ski trip, hope it goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by richardtang View Post
    My next big trip (big for me anyway) that I'm planning is to pick up an Ikon pass and do a massive roadie loop from SkiBig3, AB all the way down to California along the west coast and back up the US in a couple months, skiing all along the way. First ever big ski trip, hope it goes well!
    And also a big detour up to the Yukon (and maybe Alaska?) to see the aurora!