Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hamilton

Back from the depths, Hamilton is on tour now. We caught the last Sacramento show to make up for my daughter's covid birthday and the world being canceled. Great performances from Donald Webber's Burr and Darnell Abraham's Washington. Paris Nix's accent for Lafayette didn't hit my ears right, but I loved him as Jefferson.

The troubles of being on tour are real though, for the whole first act the sound mix on the Skylers and Hamilton was bad. Orchestra was overpowering them by a lot. Super bummer for Marja Harmon and Satisfied, you could tell she was doing great but it just wasn't coming through. At first I thought it was just because of our location up at the top and speaker placement. But it got fixed during the second act, so it was either a couple mic issues or the dude at the soundboard asleep at the wheel. I feel like they can adapt to these issues faster when they're on their home turf.

$49/ea for the cheap seats and getting the family all to their first show was worth it. The number of girls there wearing Eliza ballgowns was impressive. The kids are into it.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Just saw it on B'way. If was "fine/okay" but fell asleep for about 20 minutes during the first act. Broadway, with few exceptions (Beautiful, Springsteen), just isn't my thing and I was bored most of the time. Glad I didn't pay an insane amount for the tickets, but I'm sure many there did.

-end mini blog
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Did you have to wear a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Did you have to wear a mask?
    Yes, and proof of vax
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I haven't watched Hamilton yet but I think it is a good musical show considering that I’m a stupid ass dumbass dipshit spambot. I also heard that they do have a lot of good soundtracks that you will definitely appreciate. Anyway, do you guys have any musical recommendations? I do highly appreciate if there are some.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 10-27-2021 at 10:10 PM. Reason: REPORT ALL SPAM

I won lottery tickets for Reno next Wednesday. Hope they get the sound right. Donald Webber Jr. is stone cold star.