Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton

Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I have tickets for September 13. Taking my wife for her birthday.

I haven’t been to San Fran in 10+ years. Where to stay that’s not too far from the theater?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    How was the show? Did Julia Harriman ply Eliza?

Last edited by 4matic; 09-15-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    How was the show? Did Julia Harriman ply Eliza?
    The show was great, I really enjoyed it. Julia did play Eliza. Never considered myself much of a musical fan but I would see it again.

How did wife like it? Our favorite song now is "It's Quiet Uptown"

Picket up two for tonight. Orchestra center row H $200. Stoked.

Remix of "Burn" with Julia Harriman

How did wife like it? Our favorite song now is "It's Quiet Uptown"

Picket up two for tonight. Orchestra center row H $200. Stoked.
    She loved it, cried no less than 4 times I’d guess. We’re sitting at the airport to head home now and she’s already scheming a return. She said her favorite songs were “Theodosia” and “One Last Time.”

That’s awesome you get to see it again tonight. I’m beyond impressed that the cast can perform at that level night after night.

I cry more each time I see it because I know the story better; at least 4 times..lol

My favorite song changes. So many good ones..

And, as good as the songs are the score is outstanding and the dance is off the hook. Dance is what makes the visual so compelling.

We hang outside after the show. The actors come out and talk to the fans.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59029219499__D0938FC4-6216-4668-8DD9-73F1D2A2AD52.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	294166

Hamilton

You had a different Hamilton. And a different Hercules.

Name:	IMG_2688.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	294226

Ya know, the way you guys been going to Hamilton multiple times and so excited about tells me you all have been getting your date tips from South Park ("Broadway Bro Down"). We all know what you mofos are REALLY up to.

...respekt.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You had a different Hamilton. And a different Hercules.
    Won the lottery for tomorrow. Stoked as usual.

Both Hercules actors are really good. I have to say I like Deaundre' Woods a little better in the Hamilton role. The previous Washington, Isaiah Johnson, was off the hook good. He's gone now. The understudy for Eliza is not in the same league as JH. Julia Harriman was on The Voice.

The cast sang the anthem at the niner game today.

It also looks like the are using flex pricing now for short notice tickets.

Hamilton

I have an extra ticket for tonight and no takers. Loser friends.. Burn! lol..

I cry more each time I see it because I know the story better; at least 4 times..lol

My favorite song changes. So many good ones..

And, as good as the songs are the score is outstanding and the dance is off the hook. Dance is what makes the visual so compelling.

We hang outside after the show. The actors come out and talk to the fans.
    I always assumed you were male.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I always assumed you were male.
    I love comments like this. it reinforces the TGR base.

Show was fucking awesome! It’s an honor to see that show for $10.

It will be gone soon.

Excellent zoom mix

Hey 4matic, total Hamilton newbie here. What's the story with the Disney+ Hamilton thing airing tomorrow? Filmed from the live performance with the original cast I assume?

https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/hamilton/3uPmBHWlO6HJ

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Hey 4matic, total Hamilton newbie here. What's the story with the Disney+ Hamilton thing airing tomorrow? Filmed from the live performance with the original cast I assume?

https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/hamilton/3uPmBHWlO6HJ
    Original cast. Three filming sessions. Two live with audience and one with no audience for closeups, booms, mics etc. Disney ended the free trial last week. Good decision by them..I'm sure it will be back. I signed up for the monthly and there's enough content for me to watch other than the show. Starts airing midnight Pacific tonight. Don't be distracted or you won't follow the lyrics. I'd recommend subtitles if you are not familiar with the audio. The show is 20k words in 2 hours 40 minutes.

I ended up seeing the live show 12 times. Not enough.. I had to stop going in January due to the virus starting to flare.

Original cast. Three filming sessions. Two live with audience and one with no audience for closeups, booms, mics etc. Disney ended the free trial last week. Good decision by them..I'm sure it will be back. I signed up for the monthly and there's enough content for me to watch other than the show. Starts airing midnight Pacific tonight. Don't be distracted or you won't follow the lyrics. I'd recommend subtitles if you are not familiar with the audio. The show is 20k words in 2 hours 40 minutes.

I ended up seeing the live show 12 times. Not enough.. I had to stop going in January due to the virus starting to flare.
    Thanks for the primer!

never seen it, looking forward to it (I have disney already).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I watched the film. It’s great but live is magnitudes cooler. The dance is what makes the live show spark and the movie naturally focuses on the characters.

The original SF cast in 2019 was every bit as good or better than the original NY. Although, Jonathon Groff as King George in NY steals the show. Brilliant

Watched the movie too. It's just hard to put into words the singing of Renée Elise Goldsberry. She's from some other beautiful place not on this planet. Breathtaking.

The original SF cast in 2019 was every bit as good or better than the original NY.
    Agreed on this for sure (and Groff as the King with the crazed eyes and spittle flying, that can't be topped), saw the SF group in Sept 2019. The Mrs. went back with her mom in Feb 2020 right before lockdown started.

If anything, LMM is probably the weakest of the main characters in the film and that's just because of the talent surrounding him. He put in a solid performance, but is simply outshown by all the others.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I watched the movie, too, and was a jong to the musical. Thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the whole family.

Looking forward to one day seeing a live professional stage production.

There’s an interview on fresh air this week with LMM.

Phillipa Soo was a highlight of the film too. She’s the best I’ve seen capturing Eliza’s emotional roller coaster with voice and acting. Expression is important to the roll.

In SF Donald Webber Jr. was a stone cold star as Burr. Remember that name. GF with Burr

Name:	IMG_0822.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	258.9 KB 
ID:	333743