Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    It was very good (but not $400/ticket good).
    People pay that for a pedestrian seat at a regular season NBA game. Value seems pretty good when compared to other events. Heck, Opera tickets are outrageously expensive. I just paid $180 for Book of Mormon.

4matic, where'd you see it? I have the entire soundtrack memorized due to being forced to listen by my wife. I'd happily go see it if tickets were reasonable and I could tie into a city I'd like to visit anyway.

i was just being hyperbolic. i'm a metalhead.

but if rap can make it into broadway, i'm looking forward to the first metal musical!

over rated, over hyped
    just like rent, which should have never gotten out of a workshop as it was
    Hamilton lacks a solid book, the only reason it works is people already know the story
    go watch all that jazz if your bored
    then read "who needs theatre"

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    4matic, where'd you see it? I have the entire soundtrack memorized due to being forced to listen by my wife. I'd happily go see it if tickets were reasonable and I could tie into a city I'd like to visit anyway.
    SF. A1 cast. Better than Broadway. Prime seat is $200 face. Good seat is $95. “In the room where it happen”.

I had a lottery ticket and scalped one for $100

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    over rated, over hyped
    Which production did you see?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Which production did you see?
    got friends on broadway
    it takes alot for me to be impressed
    was coming down off an acid trip at work when I was a kid and the conductor was hitting on me that's when I realized I'm out handed in my equity card and never looked back
    Falsettos at the lincoln center is the only show that's been decent and impressive in the past few years

over rated, over hyped
    Hamilton lacks a solid book, the only reason it works is people already know the story
    Is that Fred the actor or Fred the contractor speaking?

Steve Kerr, (from an article in The Athletic):

I enjoy seeing people at work doing something really special that’s drawing emotion. So I love Broadway shows. I love watching people perform. And especially when there’s competition and there’s emotion and the energy back and forth. That’s what does it for me.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

People already know the story? You have a much stronger belief in people's knowledge of 200 year old American history than I do.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    People already know the story? You have a much stronger belief in people's knowledge of 200 year old American history than I do.
    This.

"I had no idea that Alexander Hamilton was black."

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The Hamilton hype seems like a bunch of trustfunders and other well quaffed 1 percenters allowing themselves to admit they like rap as it is socially acceptable in Hamilton, vs. blasting the "10 Crack Commandments" at a dinner party.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather watch Hamilton than the Nutcracker or some other classical thing, but after seeing it a year or so ago with a client it just seemed a bit too worked up as the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Da fuq?? Dude, it's 2019. Rap and Hip-Hop have been mainstream for at least 25 years.

Back on topic. We saw Hamilton in SF last week. My wife won the tickets. It was good. Maybe even very good. She liked it more than I did, but I still liked it. Bought her the soundtrack for mommy's day.

Hamilton

Going to Hamilton again tonight. Book of Mormon next week. Wicked in August. Cambodian Rock Band in Ashland September.

Theater renaissance

Show was great again. The choreography changed a little probably to keep it interesting for the actors.

10yo girl and her mom sitting next to me. Girl been listening to the music and mom surprised her with show tickets. They drove 4 hours from Fresno and were driving back that night. 8 hours drive. It’s cool young people get interested in theater through this show. I gave the little girl some money to do something nice for her mom. Mom cried.. Feels good.

My girlfriend just saw this in Baltimore, and played the "soundtrack" for a few days. Really annoying music. I guess it's more fun to see live, but, man, turn that stupid shit off.

It's good Benny doesn't like it.

Wait for it

Helpless

Last edited by 4matic; 07-10-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Round 3 in SF. Last minute tickets 8th row center. Just great. Even better now that I know the story and songs. $100 a seat was a steal. $326 face value.

I love the cd version now fwiw.

Also. Saw Book of Mormon. It’s funny and acting was great but mostly a forgettable story.

“I’ll be back. Just you wait”

Last edited by 4matic; 07-28-2019 at 07:33 AM.

I have tickets for September 13. Taking my wife for her birthday.

I haven’t been to San Fran in 10+ years. Where to stay that’s not too far from the theater?

over rated, over hyped
    Any better than the highly acclaimed Vagina Monologues?

I haven’t been to San Fran in 10+ years. Where to stay that’s not too far from the theater?

Anywhere you like and can afford. Lyft to theater.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Depends what else you have planned and budget where you stay. Drop me a note and I’d be happy to get you both in SFMOMA free if I’m around. Union Square is great for people watching and a lot of stuff to do and it’s one Bart station from theater

Getting a room you can afford in SF is not good advice. That may get you bed bugs and a room that has a door that hits the bed when you enter for $150/night. I know a few ‘cheap’ options that are clean and safe, like the Oasis Inn, but they are not going to impress your wife. If you have money to burn, shit is easy to figure out. If not, splurge a bit and stay in a nice hotel. And hope Salesforce isn’t having a conference during that time.

Taking a Lyft is a good idea no matter what for date night.

Rates might not be to bad, the American Dentist Convention wraps up the week before

I'm seeing $250ish for rooms at the Omni and Hyatt Regency in the Financial/Embarcadero and a little less for the Marriott Marquis in SOMA. My wife is in the city fairly often for work and gets put up in pricier places than I'd prefer to spend. So not looking to impress, just a clean place to sleep.

4matic, thanks for the offer, may take you up on that!

Just won the lottery!! Two for tomorrow night. Round 4!