Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roundup

Roundup

When is that going to be pulled from the shelves? Never? Or until they're forced to do so. 2 billion is a bit of hit off the bottom line.

Since it's largely used on corn and soybeans, I blame the ethanol people, the tofu eating vegetarians...and the Chinese.

https://water.usgs.gov/nawqa/pnsp/us...PHOSATE&hilo=H
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    When is that going to be pulled from the shelves? Never? Or until they're forced to do so. 2 billion is a bit of hit off the bottom line.
    Pretty sure based on like 92.x Billion in assets and like 8 billion in profits in 2017 that 2 billion is like pocket change in the long run and im sure some creative accounting can absorb any lawsuit costs.

It wont get pulled until it hurts them more than this example above.

talk about a business scam. sell that shit for decades with health handwaving, then dump your corp on the germans for $$$ just before the shit hits the fan. pure asskissing amoral midwest shitbaggery.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    talk about a business scam. sell that shit for decades with health handwaving, then dump your corp on the germans for $$$ just before the shit hits the fan. pure asskissing amoral midwest shitbaggery.
    Bayer knew EXACTLY what it was buying, oh and HUGE BYI...Bayer has been making nasty shit like Roundup for years. They were the #2 competitor in the market to Monsanto, least in Argo market. Bayer makes a ton on pharma too. Yeah though....Bayer knew for sure. Im sure they'll appeal the amount, get it reduced and maybe the family with the cancer that won kids can enjoy the $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Pretty sure based on like 92.x Billion in assets and like 8 billion in profits in 2017 that 2 billion is like pocket change in the long run and im sure some creative accounting can absorb any lawsuit costs.

It wont get pulled until it hurts them more than this example above.
    2 billion is not pocket change with 8 billion in profits. The white collars are scrambling.

This is the 3rd lawsuit they've lost. The floodgates are open.

They will try to spin off Roundup somehow.
    The Pilliods’ lawyer, R. Brent Wisner, argued in court that a billion-dollar judgment would send a message to the chemical giant. He based the amount of punitive damages, $1 billion for each of the Pilliods, on what he said was Roundup’s annual profit: $892 million in 2017.

I only scanned the article today, but read a longer one about that family a month ago. Sounded like they used a LOT of it. Several acres over many years. Is it really that dangerous for average urban residential use? My lips sometimes go numb when I use it just from the mist in the air. I have one of those tank dispensers with the wand where I can get it right down on the ground, eliminates of lot of that. Sometimes still get it though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    2 billion is not pocket change with 8 billion in profits. The white collars are scrambling.

This is the 3rd lawsuit they've lost. The floodgates are open.

They will try to spin off Roundup somehow.
    The Pilliods’ lawyer, R. Brent Wisner, argued in court that a billion-dollar judgment would send a message to the chemical giant. He based the amount of punitive damages, $1 billion for each of the Pilliods, on what he said was Roundup’s annual profit: $892 million in 2017.
    They'll never pay out 2 billion you know this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

They'll never pay out 2 billion you know this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Oh yeah I know, it's like a buying a car from Bobby.

It's more that it's the 3rd one they've lost. They're fucked and rightfully so.

They're probably sending checks to all the senators and fda lobbyists as a last-ditch effort.

They used to tell us that Agent Orange was harmless too!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

glysophate fear-mongers are same as anti-vaxxers.

fear mongering anti-science enviro fascism, err i mean activism.

juries should not be deciding on science. hopefully (likely) it will be overturned and bayer will pay zero.

who do you trust to decide your science?

Statement from Health Canada on Glyphosate
    January 11, 2019 - Ottawa, ON - Health Canada
    No pesticide regulatory authority in the world currently considers glyphosate to be a cancer risk to humans at the levels at which humans are currently exposed.
    https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...lyphosate.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    glysophate fear-mongers are same as anti-vaxxers.

fear mongering anti-science enviro fascism, err i mean activism.

juries should not be deciding on science. hopefully (likely) it will be overturned and bayer will pay zero.

who do you trust to decide your science?

Statement from Health Canada on Glyphosate
    January 11, 2019 - Ottawa, ON - Health Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...lyphosate.html
    I tend to agree here even if the masses don't. We trust science for stuff like global warming, why do some think that there is some conspiracy with scientists to cover up the glypho nonsense?

i probably already mentioned this but one of my environmental law profs taught her daughter's late elementary/early middle school science classes. one of the things they did was mix roundup to the concentration deemed safe for aquatic life and put a bunch of aquatic life in it. everything was dead within a few minutes. after grotesque suffering of course.

Bayer knew EXACTLY what it was buying, oh and HUGE BYI...Bayer has been making nasty shit like Roundup for years. They were the #2 competitor in the market to Monsanto, least in Argo market. Bayer makes a ton on pharma too. Yeah though....Bayer knew for sure. Im sure they'll appeal the amount, get it reduced and maybe the family with the cancer that won kids can enjoy the $$.
    it's not zyklon b, but what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i probably already mentioned this but one of my environmental law profs taught her daughter's late elementary/early middle school science classes. one of the things they did was mix roundup to the concentration deemed safe for aquatic life and put a bunch of aquatic life in it. everything was dead within a few minutes. after grotesque suffering of course.
    we actually got to radiate mice in nuclear science class when I was in high school. We had some odd machine that we put the mice in and gave them a simulated nuke blast...boy have times changed. Do they even dissect frogs anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    My lips sometimes go numb when I use it just from the mist in the air.
    Huh? What? Sounds iffy.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

"Glyphosphate Poisoning" - NIH

"Inhalation is a minor route of exposure but spray mist may cause oral or nasal discomfort, an unpleasant taste in the mouth, tingling and throat irritation"

So the tingling is a known reaction but NIH doesn't sound too wound up about it: "Management is symptomatic and supportive, and skin decontamination with soap and water after removal of contaminated clothing should be undertaken in cases of dermal exposure." (i.e. rinse it off).

Of note is the strength of Roundup can range from 1% glyphosphate in residential ready-to-use products up to 41% in commercial products generally meant to be diluted before use.

I'd say: Get a better sprayer with a longer wand so you're spraying closer to the target and not spraying it around in the air (a waste of money at the very least), use the weakest formulation that works for your application, and rinse it off if you get it on yourself. Also perhaps consider pulling weeds instead of spraying them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862083

I tend to agree here even if the masses don't. We trust science for stuff like global warming, why do some think that there is some conspiracy with scientists to cover up the glypho nonsense?
    because it's a convenient excuse for leftists to rail about a "big evil corporation".

caffeine is 40x as toxic as glysophate....

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Aquatic life as in plants? Or fish?

Its suppose to kill plants...

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I only scanned the article today, but read a longer one about that family a month ago. Sounded like they used a LOT of it. Several acres over many years. Is it really that dangerous for average urban residential use? My lips sometimes go numb when I use it just from the mist in the air. I have one of those tank dispensers with the wand where I can get it right down on the ground, eliminates of lot of that. Sometimes still get it though.
    Yer gonna die.

With regards to deadly chemicals:

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

I'd say: Get a better sprayer with a longer wand so you're spraying closer to the target and not spraying it around in the air (a waste of money at the very least), use the weakest formulation that works for your application, and rinse it off if you get it on yourself. Also perhaps consider pulling weeds instead of spraying them.
    I use one of these type things, it goes all the way down to the ground. I don't really use very much but still kind of concerning. I pull some but the roots stay and regenerate., Name:  71szaSSv5aL._SY879_.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  30.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    because it's a convenient excuse for leftists to rail about a "big evil corporation".

caffeine is 40x as toxic as glysophate....

So you can drink the stuff? Will it wake you up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    So you can drink the stuff?
    cue up the video of the Monsanto lobbyist talking about how safe it is then running away when challenged to drink it.

Lawsuits are a joke. It's always some city shitbags that have sprayed a couple spoonfuls that get cancer.

Where's the farmers who have sprayed the stuff by the semi loads?

Guess that i'm getting close to having sprayed a million pounds of actual glyphosate.