WA Trail Running

Lots of great places to get out and run while enjoying the beautiful PNW.

List up your favorites! I'll give it a start with this (and maybe if any of you know these routes you can supplement with trip reports for us):

Seven Trails to Try Running this Spring and Summer
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Thanks for this.. Little Mtn in Mt Vernon is my regular trail run home.. enough trails to mix it up some.. as a bit of variety is always nice... Others in the Skagit area I run include Oyster Dome and Lookout Mtn.

I'll check out Fort Ebey and Lizard/Lilly lakes loop now too..

Little Mtn also has some nice mtn bike trails..
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by BaNosser View Post
    Thanks for this.. Little Mtn in Mt Vernon is my regular trail run home.. enough trails to mix it up some.. as a bit of variety is always nice... Others in the Skagit area I run include Oyster Dome and Lookout Mtn.

I'll check out Fort Ebey and Lizard/Lilly lakes loop now too..
    My grandmother used to live pretty close to Little Mountain - she had a beautiful view of it from her front window.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

+1 for Fort Ebey, the bluff trail so worth it. I have also ran at Lord Hill and Moran State Park. Some of my favorites are Redmond Watershed or the enchantments.

If you're in SW Washington, the trails near Lake Sylvia are nice, there have started a 25k/50k in the spring (just happened I think) and Fall there recently..... Very beautiful into the southern Olympic foothills

Damn, I miss trailrunning. Before my running days ended, I ran a couple thousand miles at Tiger, usually starting at Highpoint TH. Fat Ass loop (Cheri's book calls it Seattle's Favorite or something like that) is a classic. You can cut it short ("Cheater Fat Ass") by heading up Hidden Forest, then cross the road and grunt up Pooh Top to WT1 summit. Also, mix it up with K3, County Line and Nook. 12 Peaks (Highpoint TH over WT3, WT2, WT1, Middle, East and return) is quite a challenge. Start early, plan a full day and pack a water filter.

West Seattle has some fine shorter trails. We had a nice 13 mile loop hooking up Camp Long, Fauntleroy Park and Schmitz Reserve via Alki. Running under the sea wall during minus tides is a blast.

Upon moving to Eburg, Manastash Ridge trails became our go to. Westburg gets 90% of the traffic, but IMO 100 Acre Woods, Prater, Boy Scout and the new MTB trails are better. Pack microspikes October through March.

Did a quick loop on Tiger last Thursday before the rain came back. Forgot my headlamp, so coming down Cable Line by my phone light while it was slick had me going slow. Felt good to get out and had me anxious for spring to get here,but not too fast. Too much good skiing to be had still.

Yes, that would be interesting.