Thread: KNEE BRACE RECS

KNEE BRACE RECS

To lazy to search.
    For ACL protection
    Want to be able to golf in it also
    Gotta be carbon fiber

Buddy uses Breg braces for his surgically repaired knees https://www.breg.com/
    Donjoy's are pretty good too I hear

Deroyal Warrior short or Bauerfeind P3 for skiing, no carbon fiber but both are solid knee braces.

My doc set me up with the Donjoy Full force brace. I like it. Very adjustable, easy fitting it and has carbon fiber pattern on it. Maybe just cosmetic though, hard saying. It is seriously light though...

I need something soon. That full leg brace they set me up with is a POS. Post op is Monday

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I need something soon. That full leg brace they set me up with is a POS. Post op is Monday
    Full leg brace is only an immobilizer, you should stop wearing it by week 3 or 4 once you have most of the ROM in the knee back or on your docs schedule.

I highly recommend those fabric Bauerfiend genutrain braces, I have both the P3 and the A3 braces, I like the A3 a bit more due to fit but both have been great for providing enough stability that I can actually wear all day.

I have a carbon fiber Donjoy or Assur something I got after one of my knee explosions. Sadly tore the same knee while wearing the brace. NO brace will protect against rotational force, but side impact and hyperextension can be prevented.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Full leg brace is only an immobilizer, you should stop wearing it by week 3 or 4 once you have most of the ROM in the knee back or on your docs schedule.

I highly recommend those fabric Bauerfiend genutrain braces, I have both the P3 and the A3 braces, I like the A3 a bit more due to fit but both have been great for providing enough stability that I can actually wear all day.

I have a carbon fiber Donjoy or Assur something I got after one of my knee explosions. Sadly tore the same knee while wearing the brace. NO brace will protect against rotational force, but side impact and hyperextension can be prevented.
    Whatever they sell at the shop in Andermatt. Maybe buy two.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Buddy uses Breg braces for his surgically repaired knees https://www.breg.com/
    Donjoy's are pretty good too I hear
    Im in a breg for inbounds skiing on left acl that was repaired a couple years ago but still have a mental deficiency about it even though doc says it gtg. I know its there but it doesnt really bother me. I dont tour withit.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Do you have much arthritis? I’m trying to take the edge off of mine and was looking at these

I wore the full immobilizer from Friday noon until Monday noon for first post op meet. Slept in that bitch.
    I didn't wear it after that until I decided it would make me feel safer getting out and about a little. That didn't last as getting in/outta the car was a PITA.

I began PT the next day and started using the smaller sport brace about a week later. wasn't doing much to really need any brace that first week anyhoo. Just sitting and a bit of stretching. A drive to the Po box..

Almost got a full extension today at PT and Flexed to 95 degrees. This Friday is 3 weeks out of surgery. Almost entirely off the crutches. Brain says not yet. Leg says soon now.
    Dang, those Bauerfeind braces look sweet, gonna look into one of those.
    Good luck Mofro...

Anyone have any experience with the DonJoy Bionic Fullstop?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Update. I only wore my brace for a couple of weeks. My Ortho said he didn't recommend them for skiing, false sense of security
    Your knee is strong or it isn't
    2 years post and it feels 90-95% % now
    I even had a very hard landing on it on the last day last season, it held up well
    My shoulder got fucked. I'm 3 months post rotator cuff surgery

I asked Dave who also has a new ACL about knee braces and he said " well if I did it right you shouldn't need one " and since it feels pretty good I'm going braceless
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    My shoulder got fucked. I'm 3 months post rotator cuff surgery
    Dude! How did you do that?
    Where did you get the surgery done?
    Good luck on the rehab

i like this