What to ride in pemberton

I’ll be in pemberton in less than an hour. Staying for a couple of days.

What should I ride and how do I ride it?

I have my trail bike. I can ride most trails but prefer hard blues and single blacks according to US PNW standards. I love natural tech and black dirt but flow trails are fun too.

I use trailforks .

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by regct; 05-12-2019 at 10:53 AM.

On the north side of town, ride up happy trail, Waco, and nimby. Continue up middle earth. Ride down rudy's to overnight sensation or rusty trombone, to blood sweat and fear.

All that stuff is on trailforks and fairly easy to navigate. That's a good intro to pemby, and it'll give a gauge for the difficulty of blues and blacks. Nothing too rowdy on those, but lots of fun moves.

Cream puff is a classic, must ride trail there. I also really like fat tug.

Overnight was super fun! Not too difficult at all other than it being super dry at the moment. Some great line choices. Excellent suggestion, Toast. Thanks!

Planning to ride cream puff in the morning. It’s hot AF right now. Beer30.

Sounds like pretty normal conditions for there then.

If you’re wanting something more spicy take a lap on PHD

What’s the best way to ride cream puff?

I’m always skeptical of seeking out “more spicy” in this area. I’ve been humbled more than once around here.

Last edited by regct; 05-12-2019 at 07:17 PM.

I always get lost trying to ride trails up to it. Taking the road up to the lake then down freak boy to cream puff is probably easiest.

Copy road. ^ one thing about putting in the work at new places is constantly checking trailforks. I got “lost” a few times today. Remember when we had paper maps? How?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I always get lost trying to ride trails up to it. Taking the road up to the lake then down freak boy to cream puff is probably easiest.
    Road to econo line to get to cream puff is way more straightforward.

If there's desire to extend the ride while you're by mosquito Lake, adding a little loop on no err before cream puff is fun too (go up to no err same way as meat grinder then loop back up that road to econo line to cream puff).

Other good ones on that side; Hawaii, Bob gnarly, mackenzie cruise, econo line to econo Dave, radio tower, mission impossible, there's lots.

One mile lake also has fun trails, a gnarly loop of tower of power then back up and down 306, mellower go pioneer to fizzy pop to dog beach, do a cannon ball off the dock if it's hot and then a quick lap of pickle surprise too

No Err is a nice one to tack on if you’re in the Cream Puff area.

Check out Stoked Chicken to Reverse Brazilian, two newer trails in the area.

Other favourites:
    - Hawaii (a fast rip)
    - Rusty Trombone (similar to Overnight but one notch up, and has some cool rock)
    - Upper Mackenzie Cruise (more black than double black)
    - Stimulus (now called Live Like Lisa)
    - Cop Killer (runs nicely but challenging, has one fairly full-on chute)
    - Psychopath (a good lower trail)
    - Econoline/Econo-Dave/Waterfall (amazing bang for your climb)

for No Err, hang a right and go to top of Meat Grinder, then left up to The Sickness, do that into No Err, then go right on Walker's End, everyone always peels left on No Err towards bottom, but I think Walker's is worth it, cross the road at bottom onto JK Traverse and then climb back up Hand Job.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    for No Err, hang a right and go to top of Meat Grinder, then left up to The Sickness, do that into No Err, then go right on Walker's End, everyone always peels left on No Err towards bottom, but I think Walker's is worth it, cross the road at bottom onto JK Traverse and then climb back up Hand Job.
    Cool, I've never done Walker's End. I'll have to try that one next time. Agreed that The Sickness is a worthwhile addition.

Creampuff was super fun! So many lines! Thanks a ton for all the beta. On the boat to Roberts now. On the hunt for dark, steep, and deep.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Cool, I've never done Walker's End. I'll have to try that one next time. Agreed that The Sickness is a worthwhile addition.
    yeah I hadn't either until a month or so ago it's really good! some big trees and nice dirt, I've always hated that left branch of No Err too, goes from fast and flow to just kinda meh really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Creampuff was super fun! So many lines! Thanks a ton for all the beta. On the boat to Roberts now. On the hunt for dark, steep, and deep.

Torrent to the three Wilds trails. All on Trailforks. Mt Elphinstone descent still has snow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3302.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	282978

Found it