Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mono really does look fun. As a personal project was hoping to construct an attachment system for regular fat touring skis to make a mono for the down.

Any chance you have a Split Mono prototype in the works?

Rocker tip with tip extender option for the bottomless/super deep days.

Just sayin'.

Name:  26731585_10208440999741308_2446380029798719229_n.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  82.6 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Mono really does look fun. As a personal project was hoping to construct an attachment system for regular fat touring skis to make a mono for the down.

Any chance you have a Split Mono prototype in the works?

Rocker tip with tip extender option for the bottomless/super deep days.

Just sayin'.

Name:  26731585_10208440999741308_2446380029798719229_n.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  82.6 KB
    Sorry, no split at the moment. May be later.
    And NEVER rocker, I hate that... Loose on slope many more than it wins in powder, and traditional camber works perfectly in powder. Just need a bit of speed.

Each year I laugh reading the introduction of new ski model, where I can always see that "rocker has been a bit reduced". Rocker is very nice, and better again when it's reduced...

Quote Originally Posted by a3fvideo View Post
    Sorry, no split at the moment. May be later.
    And NEVER rocker, I hate that... Loose on slope many more than it wins in powder, and traditional camber works perfectly in powder. Just need a bit of speed.

Each year I laugh reading the introduction of new ski model, where I can always see that "rocker has been a bit reduced". Rocker is very nice, and better again when it's reduced...
    Regarding tip rocker; are you speaking specifically about mono skis or about the entire spectrum of downhill sliding implements for feet?

If you're making a general statement, I would venture a guess that the entire heliskiing industry and backcountry touring populous of North America may disagree with you. In my humble opinion.
    Master of mediocrity.

Hey were you at Heavenly in mid April with a huge pack of monoskiers doing bumps? With a strap around your knees? Some White Knuckle people? There was a Frenchman visiting.
    Huge pack meaning more than 3 or 4.
    Hilariously fun day.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

As makimono's personal photog i'll let him illustrate the proper mono.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Makimono-1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	282276
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bic3-19.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	282277

Notice that look. Directly @ camera. Let everyone know. "Yeah, 1 ski."

Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Regarding tip rocker; are you speaking specifically about mono skis or about the entire spectrum of downhill sliding implements for feet?

If you're making a general statement, I would venture a guess that the entire heliskiing industry and backcountry touring populous of North America may disagree with you. In my humble opinion.
    I am speaking about all boards sliding on ski: ski, snowboard, monoski,...
    I know that rocker is fashion, but fashion is not always true... My humble opinion is that this s***t has been invented when because of freestyle fashion everybody has moved bindings forward, even if it's completely stupid out of freestyle. And because of this boards didn't get out in powder.

Heliski and backcountry existed before rocker, because a classic camber works perfectly in powder if you put bindings at good place, not too forward...

Hey Fred, is this fashion or function? I've been intrigued since I saw this (glacier3000, suisse)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't want to talk about other brands...

The only think I can say is that the main rider on my video (red and orange clothes) bought a Coda this winter. And he told me "on your boards I felt right at once, and on my coda I have a very bad feeling".

Maybe he is alone in that case, but I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by makimono View Post
    I broke my Alpine Rocket doing fun stuff at Magic so I am looking for a new stick, been riding an old Duret for a little while now
    www.monoski.net

www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com

If you want to try an American made monoski then White Knuckle currently manufacture our All-Mountain model in sizes ranging from 173cm-194cm in both flat tail and twin tip and 3 different widths.

or www.codaboards.com
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Hey were you at Heavenly in mid April with a huge pack of monoskiers doing bumps? With a strap around your knees? Some White Knuckle people? There was a Frenchman visiting.
    Huge pack meaning more than 3 or 4.
    Those Heavenly guys have serious bump addiction...Gunbarrel, all day long.

The only think I can say is that the main rider on my video (red and orange clothes) bought a Coda this winter. And he told me "on your boards I felt right at once, and on my coda I have a very bad feeling".

Maybe he is alone in that case, but I don't think so...
    Did Chad mount it? Was it his bamboo core? Mustache camber Phoenix?

Can you be more specific on "I have a very bad feeling"? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by WK Monoskier View Post
    Did Chad mount it? Was it his bamboo core? Mustache camber Phoenix?

Can you be more specific on "I have a very bad feeling"? Just curious.
    I new I had too much opened my big mouth... To be more specific, he couldn't ride it! I don't know which model, but it had the same enormous swallow than the one on photo, and the same cable between the 2 back parts. That seems to be a very strange idea in my opinion...
    So I don't want to say more, maybe there are many people who like these boards and have serious reasons for this. But my personal goal is to make boards effective but easy as well, and that nobody can't ride .

Quote Originally Posted by WK Monoskier View Post
    Certainly not wk monoskier.

Oh, the horror!

Did somebody fuck up your monoski spam thread with a photo of some other monoski?

sacre bleu! What a bunch of American fuck knuckles! Have we no monoski-spam etiquette? Where is that link to Le Alpinezone when we need it?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Oh, the horror!

Did somebody fuck up your monoski spam thread with a photo of some other monoski?

sacre bleu! What a bunch of American fuck knuckles! Have we no monoski-spam etiquette? Where is that link to Le Alpinezone when we need it?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Oh, the horror!

Sorry, I don't understand very well all you say, too american for a french guy...
    Nobody fucked my monoskis, and I don't want to fuck the other brands. But I did mine to be better than the other, so it's not easy for me. I shouldn't have talked about Coda.
    I try to apologize saying White Kuckled seem to be not bad at all, and nearer to mine than Coda. But at the end it's up to user to say which one they like more, not to me.

White Kuckled
    Ok, see...now that’s funny right there.

OMG, freecarving is my life too!

Twinsies!

Sorry, I don't understand very well all you say, too american for a french guy...
    Nobody fucked my monoskis, and I don't want to fuck the other brands. But I did mine to be better than the other, so it's not easy for me. I shouldn't have talked about Coda.
    I try to apologize saying White Kuckled seem to be not bad at all, and nearer to mine than Coda. But at the end it's up to user to say which one they like more, not to me.
    Fine, serious answer will be serious:

Here’s what you say if you’re confident in your product: :
    The other one is [describe traits], ours is different because [describe traits] and we think it’s better for [describe target demographic]. Try them both and you’ll see ours outperform the other.

What isn’t sensible is refusing to acknowledge or discuss competitors...because if you just won’t acknowledge or discuss a competitor at all, to me, that just seems like you have no real detailed reason why you’re better so you’re unwilling to even allow that discussion.

So yeah, users will decide, but that shouldn’t be any reason for you not to share your knowledge of what’s different about your product and why.

I am speaking about all boards sliding on ski: ski, snowboard, skis,...
    I know that monoski is fashion, but fashion is not always true... My humble opinion is that this s***t has been invented when because of monoski fashion everybody has moved bindings rearward, even if it's completely stupid out of monoski. And because of this boards didn't get out in powder.

Heliski and backcountry existed before monoski, because a classic skis works perfectly in powder if you put bindings at good place, not too rearward...
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Wife: whatcha doin over there?

Me: teaching some french guy about monoski marketing. Also had to edit the dog’s hypothetical dog-tinder profile. Lots going on!

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Certainly not wk monoskier.
    Dude that's totally me...

Need more vid of monoskiers shredding: zipper lines, steep/techie corn/powder, and deep powder. In the 90’s, I spent a memorial day weekend skiing the top of mammoth on a monoski. Lots of hop and hope. Super fun.

TKB Films Monopopow vids are about all you'll find that are on a professional level but lately all of Pif's vids are his Snowgunz ads. But still entertaining.