Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,974
    "I can't tell a lie"

    bourdon
    soda
    ice
    a few drops of cherry liqueur
    a few drops of tart cherry juice
    lime wedge
    stir gently
    hand to wife
    pour self bourbon and soda without the fruit.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    No of SoBo, So of NoBo
    Posts
    2,246
    My house cocktail, simple and delicious:

    2 oz Rittenhouse Bottled-in-Bond Rye
    1 oz Cynar
    Mix, serve with large cube and orange peel
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    17,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    My house cocktail, simple and delicious:

    2 oz Rittenhouse Bottled-in-Bond Rye
    1 oz Cynar
    Mix, serve with large cube and orange peel
    Almost “Brooklyn”ish. I bet the Cynar works a little like the amer picon would in that drink. I’ll have to try, thanks!
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    7,803
    Enjoying a Martinez

    2 parts Gin (Old Tom style)
    1Ĺ parts Sweet Vermouth
    ľ part Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
    Bitters

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,166

    build your own... cocktails

    Amer picon...picon punch....basco restaurants....lamb...pickled tongue...cabbage soup...beans...salsa...piles of hot fries...yum
    Last edited by irul&ublo; 05-16-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    crown of the continent
    Posts
    13,916
    The Rhino: 8 parts Henry McKenna Sour Mash table whiskey. 2ish parts red vermouth of choice, the Vittore seems to have a guzzleability which pairs well with the Hank.

    Over ice. Cubes. From the ice cube tray. Fuck all that other shit.

    Mix delicately and fill an 8-10 ounce glass with The Rhino. Don't strain, those ice cubes are giving their lives to get hammered in that lovely mixture.

    Enjoy.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

    Patterson Hood of the DBT's

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    9,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    The Rhino: 8 parts Henry McKenna Sour Mash table whiskey. 2ish parts red vermouth of choice, the Vittore seems to have a guzzleability which pairs well with the Hank.

    Over ice. Cubes. From the ice cube tray. Fuck all that other shit.

    Mix delicately and fill an 8-10 ounce glass with The Rhino. Don't strain, those ice cubes are giving their lives to get hammered in that lovely mixture.

    Enjoy.
    Well done

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    9,950
    Just invented this

    The bitter little fruit
    Stemless wine glass, fill with ice.
    Cover 1/2 way with vodka, cut a mandarin in quarters. Suck down 2 of them, bonus for monkeyface. (If using kumquats cut in halves)
    Squeeze remaining fruit into glass.
    Add soda water & a splash of Campari.
    Enjoy.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,454
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Enjoying a Martinez
    2 parts Gin (Old Tom style)
    1Ĺ parts Sweet Vermouth
    ľ part Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
    Bitters
    This ^ makes me thirsty. Will try in 1 hour 12 minutes.

    Last night was Caipirinhas.

    Been drinking lots of Aviations.

    Winter-ish go-to drink is a Boulevardier. Lately I've been replacing the sweet vermouth with St. Germaine or an amaro.

    Rest of the time it's a Negroni without the vermouth on the rocks, lovingly known at my house as Red Gin. 25 years ago an Italian guy in a bar across from the Duomo in Florence ordered me one instead of the Campari and soda I had requested. Never looked back.

    Old family cocktail is the Muddy Martini. 3 parts whiskey, 2 parts dry vermouth and one part sweet vermouth, juice of 1 lemon, though more lemons don't hurt it. Shake with ice and strain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,454
    4 to 1 sounds like it might work too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    The Rhino: 8 parts Henry McKenna Sour Mash table whiskey. 2ish parts red vermouth of choice, the Vittore seems to have a guzzleability which pairs well with the Hank.

    Over ice. Cubes. From the ice cube tray. Fuck all that other shit.

    Mix delicately and fill an 8-10 ounce glass with The Rhino. Don't strain, those ice cubes are giving their lives to get hammered in that lovely mixture.

    Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,089
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    4 to 1 sounds like it might work too.
    let's not get crazy

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    7,803
    What vermouth do you guys use? Iíve mainly been using carpanos antica formula. Tried some of the cheaper ones and yuck. Curious about some of the higher end harder to find ones.

    Loving the barrel aged cocktails. Getting another barrel soon.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    No of SoBo, So of NoBo
    Posts
    2,246
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What vermouth do you guys use? I’ve mainly been using carpanos antica formula. Tried some of the cheaper ones and yuck. Curious about some of the higher end harder to find ones.
    Have you tried Punt e Mes? It's the same recipe as Carpano but less sweet and more bitter. I like it better, honestly. Cheaper too.

    Vya is pretty good as well. There are a bunch of new craft vermouths out there, but I don't go through bottles fast enough to keep up with them.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,166
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What vermouth do you guys use? Iíve mainly been using carpanos antica formula. Tried some of the cheaper ones and yuck. Curious about some of the higher end harder to find ones.

    Loving the barrel aged cocktails. Getting another barrel soon.
    I like Dolin and Noilly Prat. Not cheap, but less than carpano
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    insurance purgatory
    Posts
    564
    This one has been a hit the past few years at the house. Make a pitcher ahead of time to get the gang loose...

    2 parts vodka
    1 part St. Germaine
    1 part white grapefruit juice
    Big squeeze of line
    Shake with ice, serve with big ice cube is cocktail glass. Bonus points for cranberries or flowers in ice cubes.
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    17,773
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What vermouth do you guys use? I’ve mainly been using carpanos antica formula. Tried some of the cheaper ones and yuck. Curious about some of the higher end harder to find ones.

    Loving the barrel aged cocktails. Getting another barrel soon.
    Cocchi Vermouth di Torino. I love it and it’s a staple in my manhattans.

    Not the most expensive, but the flavor profile works just right with Woodford.
    I still call it The Jake.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,377
    Just discovered this one last night. The "Madrid 43": https://www.licor43.com/en/cocktails/madrid-43/
    Basically a Manhattan but with Licor 43 instead of Vermouth. I didn't have any orange, so instead I did a torched lemon peel. Freaking tasty and two large ones certainly do the trick.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Purcell Sud
    Posts
    385
    Came up with this one a while back when I was short on things to mix with vodka.

    I call it a Quebexican Russian

    Vodka, water, dash of lime juice, dash of maple syrup. Ice optional


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,166

    build your own... cocktails

    Quote Originally Posted by p.blz View Post
    Came up with this one a while back when I was short on things to mix with vodka.

    I call it a Quebexican Russian

    Vodka, water, dash of lime juice, dash of maple syrup. Ice optional


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Kinda like a twist on a vodka collins. Sub the water with soda
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    13,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Just invented this

    The bitter little fruit
    Stemless wine glass, fill with ice.
    Cover 1/2 way with vodka, cut a mandarin in quarters. Suck down 2 of them, bonus for monkeyface. (If using kumquats cut in halves)
    Squeeze remaining fruit into glass.
    Add soda water & a splash of Campari.
    Enjoy.
    Gots to have the kumquats! So many great things you can do with them like salsa!



    and when you're serving your kumquat salsa with fish tacos you can have a kumquat mojito!



    How to Make a Kumquat Mojito Cocktail
    INGREDIENTS
    1.75 oz Sake
    0.5 oz St Germain
    0.5 oz lime juice
    6 kumquat halves
    1 bunch mint leaves
    2 spoonfuls sugar
    Club soda


    yeah... yeah... I know this is "build your own cocktail" but ......but..... it's a kumquat mojito!
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •