Broken Rossi FMS 18 Heel Piece

*FKS*

Not sure how serious this is?

What seems to be a spacer on the heel piece of my Rossi FKS 18s broke off. It’s metal, probably pure chinesium, to have broken like this.

It’s obvious function is as a retainer to keep the brake from going too far backwards, it made it pretty tough to get the binding on. Freaked out for a min at the top of the palisades.

Still makes me nervous. Do I really need to pull the screws out of my skis to fix this piece? I bought these because they’re supposed to be tough!! WTF Rossi/Look?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	282010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2771.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	282011

Looks like you lost the half moon piece. I’ll let smarter people answer if it’s needed, but I replaced mine when I broke one. I think Rossi might have sent it for free.

I guess I'm just curious about where to even look for this piece since Rossi doesn't make bindings anymore. You're right that it's the half moon piece.

I guess I'll email Look? Should all be the same? Binding is only a few years old

You don’t necessarily need to replace it, I know a lot of people who have skied without them for years. But I would probably replace it just for peace of mind and the fact thats its like $15 for a set of them. If your skis are beefy I wouldn’t worry about taking the screws out and putting them back in as long as you use some wood glue. If your skis are soul 7s or built like them you’ll probably need some helicoils.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    You don’t necessarily need to replace it, I know a lot of people who have skied without them for years. But I would probably replace it just for peace of mind and the fact thats its like $15 for a set of them. If your skis are beefy I wouldn’t worry about taking the screws out and putting them back in as long as you use some wood glue. If your skis are soul 7s or built like them you’ll probably need some helicoils.
    Moment Belafontes.. they feel pretty tough.

I do feel a little better about it now though. i did end up skiing the rest of the day and one more with them like that but was pretty worried even though they felt good. i'll fix em when they come in but keep riding this spring. thanks doods.

Should be fine, I would only worry about it on something super light or built cheap, which moments typically aren’t either of those.

Remount screws with marine epoxy carefully, as long as they tighten up you'll be good.

If you have trouble getting half moons from look I may have a spare I could send you.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Remount screws with marine epoxy carefully, as long as they tighten up you'll be good.

If you have trouble getting half moons from look I may have a spare I could send you.
    Thanks, but if they're all the same I can try to get them for free and if not just buy em. Was worried about getting a part from a 5 year old binding but I run turntables on all my shit these days just haven't had a pair break yet.

I must be blind, what's missing?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    FC4F033 is the part # for the halfmoon.

Name:  A0443B48-DA81-4334-816A-301DFEF7FD0B.jpeg
Views: 296
Size:  76.1 KB

Edit...nevermind, misunderstanding.

The half moon piece has disintegrated. The only remaining pieces of it are under the rear screws.

See where the halfmoon sheared off below the head of the rear screws
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23BC6E40-74AE-42D3-8778-A981E7DC0A19.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	282028

Call Rossi/Look, their warehouse is in Utah and they will mail a pair out to you.

Quick update, they emailed me back. $5 for a pair of the half moons, I can
    Call in or order via email by filling out a form.