Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,421

    WTB: XO1/X1 10-42 cassette

    Update: Got hooked up by Phall, disregard.


    Anyone have a used X1 or higher 10-42 11sp cassette collecting dust?

    Related, how many miles are these cassettes usually good for? Looking at a few on pinkbike.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-09-2019 at 01:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    463
    FYI, X01 can be modded to take a Wolf Tooth 46t giant cog for even better range. X1 won't work. I know because I tried.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    FYI, X01 can be modded to take a Wolf Tooth 46t giant cog for even better range. X1 won't work. I know because I tried.
    The XX1 is only SRAM 11 speed that allows you to pry off the 42 and replace it with a larger cog. I run the OneUp 44 and its great.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    11,264
    I know you already got hooked up but if you change the chain regularly (I go to 0.5 on the Park chain tool then replace you can get 5 years of 40 rides on a XX1 cassette without issue. Same with XO1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    The XX1 is only SRAM 11 speed that allows you to pry off the 42 and replace it with a larger cog. I run the OneUp 44 and its great.
    Xo1 works for this also. Did it for a couple seasons.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Xo1 works for this also. Did it for a couple seasons.
    Thats right, I forgot the Xo1 was also an x-dome design.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,421
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I know you already got hooked up but if you change the chain regularly (I go to 0.5 on the Park chain tool then replace you can get 5 years of 40 rides on a XX1 cassette without issue. Same with XO1
    Thanks. This is actually for the kiddo's new bike. Phall hooked me up with a new cassette, so I'm not all that concerned about wear life now. He still only weighs about 55 lbs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •