Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jer rolled up

Jer rolled up

(CNN)More than 1,000 guns were found Wednesday in a home in the upscale Los Angeles neighborhood Holmby Hills.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and Los Angeles police officers served a search warrant in an investigation of someone suspected of manufacturing and selling illegal firearms, Los Angeles police Officer Jeff Lee said.

Police arrested Girard Saenz, 57, at the scene over allegations of violating California's law regarding assault weapons and .50 Browning Machine Gun rifles, Los Angeles police Lt. Chris Ramirez said. The law prohibits the manufacture, distribution, transportation, importation and sale of any assault rifle or .50 BMG rifles, except in specific circumstances, according to the California Legislature.
    The complaint that led to the arrest involved the sale of firearms, but the investigation remains ongoing, Ramirez said, and more charges, including federal counts, are possible.

Police didn't release any more information about the arrest. ...

Name:  190508181322-02-lapd-atf-seize-weapons-exlarge-169.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  81.5 KB

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/us/ma...rnd/index.html

This whole world is going right down the CRPA

Name:  images.png
Views: 538
Size:  12.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Name:  190508181322-02-lapd-atf-seize-weapons-exlarge-169.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  81.5 KB
    Doesn't seem like the safest way to do that. If I was the guy on the left I might have a problem with that.

Jer rolled up

I see a lot of perfectly legal revolvers and rifle and a few assault weapons.

Cops would be better off looking for the crook with the $25 throw away gun out on parole than the millionaire hoarding them all in a perfectly safe vault. But that’s not a good photo opportunity.

Those old Colt revolvers will end up in the collections of the police officers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's just a very nice gun collection. It's not like he also had a huge cache of ammo, like enough to take out a police precinct. Or did he???

It's not 'Murikan for the gubbermint to not allow every citizen to hoard enough firepower to supply a small army.

Last edited by SumJongGuy; 05-09-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Cops would be better off looking for the crook with the $25 throw away gun out on parole than the millionaire hoarding them all in a perfectly safe vault. But that’s not a good photo opportunity.

i'm trying to understand why you'd be dismissive of this raid...

seems like they were following a warrant based on illegal sales...seems like it's perfectly within the reach of "gun laws already on the books" and that this character wasn't a "law abiding gun owner" or a millionaire hoarder
    https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...509-story.html

these may, in fact, be the $25 throw aways you reference...or, i suppose they could be high end illegal sales too...

not following your point at all

cause in 'merica it is perfectly legal to have enough arms for a militia because that's what the constitution says - what is the matter with you? do you really think government has a right to regulate guns?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    cause in 'merica it is perfectly legal to have enough arms for a militia because that's what the constitution says - what is the matter with you? do you really think government has a right to regulate guns?
    Exactly. It’s not like the word “regulated” is in the 2nd amendment or anything.

I'm not buying that someone from the Getty family is an illegal gun runner.

This seems very much like the Robert Kraft arrest with lots of posturing about human trafficking when in reality is was just a hand job.

He might have something illegal in that mess of guns, but I suspect this is trumped up so to speak a decent extent.
    Live Free or Die

Jer rolled up

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i'm trying to understand why you'd be dismissive of this raid...

seems like they were following a warrant based on illegal sales...seems like it's perfectly within the reach of "gun laws already on the books" and that this character wasn't a "law abiding gun owner" or a millionaire hoarder
    https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...509-story.html

these may, in fact, be the $25 throw aways you reference...or, i suppose they could be high end illegal sales too...

not following your point at all

I’m not saying he didn’t break any laws, I don’t know. But helicopters flying over a stash of perfectly legal cowboy guns is pure drama. Good photo op.

Your article says a neighbor tipped off law enforcement that he was modifying his guns. Ok, so he was tinkering with them in his house. Now all his property is atren all over the drive way and damaged.

Does it bother you that the finer pieces will end up in the police officers collections or that cops put more guns into the public by selling their own weapons to the public or weapons like this confiscated?

Does emptying his safes make the world a better place?

I’m not saying he didn’t break any laws, I don’t know. But helicopters flying over a stash of perfectly legal cowboy guns is pure drama. Good photo op.

Your article says a neighbor tipped off law enforcement that he was modifying his guns. Ok, so he was tinkering with them in his house. Now all his property is atren all over the drive way and damaged.

Does it bother you that the finer pieces will end up in the police officers collections or that cops put more guns into the public by selling their own weapons to the public or weapons like this confiscated?

Does emptying his safes make the world a better place?
    the guns weren't safely stored in a safe as you asserted
    "The Bel-Air mansion was described by authorities as a hoarder’s paradise with guns strewn throughout the house."

Likely, the Getty relative didn't even know that house had all that stuff in it...seems like they owned a few properties

from this article (linked directly in the first): https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...508-story.html
    The ATF said in a statement that its agents searched the home after discovering an individual illegally selling firearms “outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possesses.”

illegally selling

Also, I don't GAF if there are "finer" pieces or not. Your assertions about cops stealing & selling weapons seems a bit misplaced here...just an odd whatabout to bring up...

is this guy your uncle or something? why defend this?

I like how they spell out BMG when they're likely just some semi-auto barrets that nobody can afford to shoot. I <3 media gun drama

the guns weren't safely stored in a safe as you asserted
    "The Bel-Air mansion was described by authorities as a hoarder’s paradise with guns strewn throughout the house."

Likely, the Getty relative didn't even know that house had all that stuff in it...seems like they owned a few properties

from this article (linked directly in the first): https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...508-story.html
    The ATF said in a statement that its agents searched the home after discovering an individual illegally selling firearms “outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possesses.”

Also, I don't GAF if there are "finer" pieces or not. Your assertions about cops stealing & selling weapons seems a bit misplaced here...just an odd whatabout to bring up...

is this guy your uncle or something? why defend this?
    Dude! There are internet wholesalers selling ex cop guns all over the internet! Cops want the credit towards their new toys. There are more ex cop guns floating around than anything else.

This is a joke.

Dude! There are internet wholesalers selling ex cop guns all over the internet! Cops want the credit towards their new toys. There are more ex cop guns floating around than anything else.

This is a joke.

what does that have to do with anything?

this raid should never have happened?
    this guy is a victim of the police?
    stop policing illegal sales?

why isn't this a good thing for law abiding gun owners & non-gun owners?

i'm really not following

what does that have to do with anything?

this raid should never have happened?
    this guy is a victim of the police?
    stop policing illegal sales?

why isn't this a good thing for law abiding gun owners & non-gun owners?

i'm really not following
    As I recall Cono buys the cop guns because they are good deals/not very used.

I'm not sure what his point is here either

Almost time to Poly-Ass this shit...

Is that Ol' Betsy on the right??

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Almost time to Poly-Ass this shit...

Here is a crazy twitter thread detailing various abandoned properties she owns and how she got all that money in the first place.

https://twitter.com/juliansrum/statu...662592000?s=21

Jer rolled up

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    As I recall Cono buys the cop guns because they are good deals/not very used.

I'm not sure what his point is here either

Many of these guns will be sold on gun broker by Leo wholesalers back to the public. I can point you to them if you like.

Do you find that a bit ridiculous or ironic?

It’s just more proof gun grabbers are easily fooled and looking in all the wrong places.

I think it’s ridiculous cops sell their guns, and guns confiscated.l back to the public.

But I’ve never read anything from idiot gun grabbers about banning these sales. And that’s why reasonable gun owners don’t ever sign on to idiot petitions and bills written by gun grabbers who don’t have a clue on how to really make a difference.

Fuckn A

Something funky is going on with that whole scene in that house, it seems like it was about time for law enforcement to take an interest, to me.

Check out the twitter thread I posted. It’s nuts.

One of her other houses:

“has an empty underground bank vault and was abandoned with a whole sea of belongings inside: children’s toys, old receipts, various documents, even pieces of artwork. All left to (potentially) rot, as if the family’s exit was sudden and unexpected.”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27824583-1BFD-46C6-B3F1-DB8BBD89AE7C.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	378.9 KB 
ID:	282001

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Something funky is going on with that whole scene in that house, it seems like it was about time for law enforcement to take an interest, to me.