Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RC cars

Want to thank all of you fuckers for getting me interested in this. Found a hobby shop about 3 miles from my house.
    My 10 year old is pretty into this type of stuff, and enjoys wrenching a bit, so she will be my out when my wife flips. Thinking of a 1/10 or 1/8 truck for her(us) for X-mas.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Want to thank all of you fuckers for getting me interested in this. Found a hobby shop about 3 miles from my house.
    My 10 year old is pretty into this type of stuff, and enjoys wrenching a bit, so she will be my out when my wife flips. Thinking of a 1/10 or 1/8 truck for her(us) for X-mas.
    Good luck. It's addictive.

Haha, that's awesome. I always want another one.

Never got into cars much but did fly rc planes for a while. Still got an E flite valiant in a box I haven’t taken out yet.

Peak of flying was between 10 and 20 years ago. Flew glow planes with dad and eventually got a jet.

Yourmomjustcalled- what’s that you got in the ceiling? Looks like a sport cub or other STOL model. Gas, glow or electric?

Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    Never got into cars much but did fly rc planes for a while. Still got an E flite valiant in a box I haven’t taken out yet.

Peak of flying was between 10 and 20 years ago. Flew glow planes with dad and eventually got a jet.

Yourmomjustcalled- what’s that you got in the ceiling? Looks like a sport cub or other STOL model. Gas, glow or electric?
    It's just a cheap electric Horizon Carbon Cub. I picked it up to see what all the hype was about. I'm pretty sure my sphincter is still at nipple level. Landing is terrifying.
    Last edited by YourMomJustCalled; 09-26-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    WG:

If you want something really cheap and fast check out Wltoys from bangood.

I recently got a Wltoys 144001 (1/14 scale) and it's been a blast. Four wheel drive and stupid fast. Looking back I wish I had gone with the 10441 (1/10 scale).

Definitely not for everyone though - while it's very inexpensive, all parts or upgrades will take two to three weeks to arrive from China.

If you have a better budget listen to others who chime in with the name brand stuff.
    So after messing with the 144001 for a couple of weeks, some thoughts.

This is a great cheap car for paved surfaces, sand and baseball diamonds. Haven't gotten bored at all yet.

However in rougher terrain like construction areas any encounter at full speed with ~fist sized rocks or larger will result in damage. Parts are dirt cheap, but again, 2-3 weeks shipped from China.

Also worth mentioning I picked up a 1/28 car over the winter during lockdown and enjoyed using it on a track I made in my basement. Entertained me for more hours than I want to admit.