Trellis/Canopy cover

I have a trellis on my porch that measures 22‘ x 10‘. I am interested in getting a shade canopy, maybe Sunbrella, That I can use for sun/weather protection. I need it to be re-tractable. Any ideas of who does this work or how I can go about purchasing one that is not a universal size? Here is a pic of the trellis .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C55CFCA9-6A20-45A5-895F-8A9400A841CB.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	281841
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

there was a recent thread about a yurt cover, maybe it got deleted as I don't see it, but boat canvas guys could make that: https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    my hops would be just getting to the top of the trelissies
    but elavationmatters
    i look forward to a personal inspection of said situation
    stoked for yas
    sure seemed way easier than building one
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Wait, do you want sun protection or weather protection? Those are pretty different ideas.

If just for sun, consider the kind that run on steel cables. It looks like your trellis would work well with something like that.

Like so:

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Wait, do you want sun protection or weather protection? Those are pretty different ideas.

If just for sun, consider the kind that run on steel cables. It looks like your trellis would work well with something like that.
    Reading is fundamental.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    That I can use for sun/weather protection.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I did mine from a company called tenshon but when my buddy tried to copy mine he found they no longer made them. Search wave shades - I think he went with something found w that search. Recommend retractable shades - nice to have sun when you want it, shade when hot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5292.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	281851

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Reading is fundamental.
    My point is that they are different things. Weather protection implies rain, etc.

My point is that they are different things. Weather protection implies rain, etc.
    yes. But things that shield from rain usually shield from sun; it has to do with that whole blocking out stuff coming down from the sky thing. Sounds like he wants something like that. Not something that just shields from sun.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Make sure it is very secure and that your trellis/pergola is super solid. They act like a parachute in windstorms. I did mine last summer and the fabric actually ripped my pergola apart and upwards. I have since beefed it up big time.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Really good info here. Primary intended use is shade, but water resistance would be great. RootSkier, that looks really good. Wave shades: I'll try it!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

But things that shield from rain usually shield from sun; it has to do with that whole blocking out stuff coming down from the sky thing.
    Fucking gravity; how does it work?

we had a proposal to cover a patio 16' x 22' from a local shade/sail/tent provider, incl posts/footings on one side (house would anchor other side)

$4k

it would have looked & performed well, but fuck that...we planted some trees for a couple hundred instead

Name:  f6f0206ceee2494eb1165e339d00f8db_18.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  55.9 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Shade sails work great; we put up a mast to anchor one corner. Whole set up cost about $200.

Name:	IMG_0971.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	281878

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Shade sails work great; we put up a mast to anchor one corner. Whole set up cost about $200.

(for op)
    rectangular shade sail form amazon or walmart with a couple turnbuckles and some stainless cord would be the cost-effective route. put up in ~ june, take down in october.

Shade that is waterproof is also going to be windproof, so it will trap more heat and catch more wind. Do you really want to sit outside when it’s raining even under cover?

Shade that is waterproof might be wind proof. But not likely. Especially in the exposed area he's in. Even a moderate wind will load up mounting points and tear things up. Retractible might be the way to go. Deploy when you want to use it, roll when you're not. Will keep the canvas lasting many times longer as well. UV eats that stuff up if left exposed and it'll practically decompose in just a few years.

Like so:

That company is a wormhole of canopies.

https://www.awningworksinc.com/awi-r...-shade-system/

yes. But things that shield from rain usually shield from sun; it has to do with that whole blocking out stuff coming down from the sky thing. Sounds like he wants something like that. Not something that just shields from sun.

thats too bad really, if his need was just for sun blocking, he could have gone with this popular product from Monty Burns and the folks at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant.....

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Do you really want to sit outside when it’s raining even under cover?
    Trick question?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    At four bells of the forenoon watch topgallants were struck and bentincks were rove to the futtock shrouds by means of cross-catharpin clews at the fife rails while preventer stays were doubled in advance of splicing the mainbrace. Noon at N47 13' Course NE by E Larboard tack wind two points free

"Splicing the mainbrace" Hell yeah!

Ha! On a windy day, I swear the whole house is gonna keel over.

Aye. That's just the soffits heeling under press of sail, mate!

Name:	compass_with_stars.gif 
Views:	26 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	282132