Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    I’m not gonna draw a map. Phatty can pm me for directions.

That looks incredible. What trail is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I’m not gonna draw a map. Phatty can pm me for directions.
    It used to be our usual Mother’s Day hike. Great gem.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

From WSDOT - Let the summer cross state traffic begin!

Ring the bells and honk the horns, the SR 20 North Cascades Highway will reopen after its winter hibernation at 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 5! Our crews are finishing final repairs and avalanche control work before we open the gates east of Newhalem and west of Mazama. It took them a little over four weeks to clear the highway, which closes every winter due to avalanche danger and heavy snowfall. We know traditionally people like to gather at the closure gates to be among the first to drive one of our most scenic highways. If you plan to be among them, please follow safety guidelines including wearing a mask when among people outside your immediate family and avoiding gathering in large groups. We want everyone to enjoy the gates opening safely. And we extend a HUGE thanks to our crews who put in so much work to open up this important connection between the Skagit and Methow valleys.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Chinook Pass not quite ready.

Those are the outhouse stacks in the middle.

Love that roller in the light upper left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chinookpass2021a.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	373609  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Closer than you think on the East side. West side has some mileage to cover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5728.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	373672
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5733.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	373673

365 Things to do in Washington State

#135 - Look for stunning Mt. Adams, one of three volcanoes located in Washington's southern volcano country region. Rising above the foothills, Mount Adams stands tall as the 2nd highest mountain in Washington and is visible from many parts of Klickitat County. On a clear day, you can see four mountains (Hood, Adams, Saint Helens, and Rainier) from Goldendale on Hwy-97. (Photo via Mt Adams Chamber & Visitor Center)

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Wildflowers above the Columbia River

Erwin Buske Photography

#136 - Discover the beauty of the Similkameen Trail located in north central WA. This rail-trail offers amazing river views with interpretive signs that share the history of the Okanogan and Similkameen Valleys. The trail follows the Similkameen River into the river gorge with a bridge providing an excellent view point for salmon and steelhead runs. Similkameen Falls is a real treat for hikers at the end of the trail! (Photo via Friends of the Similkameen River)
    Okanogan Country

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

#136 - Discover the beauty of the Similkameen Trail located in north central WA. This rail-trail offers amazing river views with interpretive signs that share the history of the Okanogan and Similkameen Valleys. The trail follows the Similkameen River into the river gorge with a bridge providing an excellent view point for salmon and steelhead runs. Similkameen Falls is a real treat for hikers at the end of the trail! (Photo via Friends of the Similkameen River)
    Okanogan Country

Now you're just trolling. You can't be this stupid.

Fuck to hell that fucking Enloe Dam
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

AMEN https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-take-it-down/

Wow I've never heard about that dam. Interesting article, time to jump on the fuck that dam bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

Keep spreading the word - the more that know the more that may join fight to have it removed.

Plake's Meemaw?

No, just an ordinary Lopez resident.
    They ended up getting 2000 orders in 4 hours and had to shut down their website, they also had a shortage of packing material.
    Last edited by refried; 06-03-2021 at 10:47 PM.

In honor of Mt. St. Helens day....

Experience the amazing landscape of Mount St. Helens, 41 years after its massive eruption! Take the Spirit Lake Memorial Highway - beginning near Castle Rock and ending at the Johnston Ridge Observatory - this route offers visitors breathtaking views of the mountain, where beauty has emerged from ashes. (Photo via Beautiful Washington)

#153 - Discover the cascades of water over sheer granite at Otter Falls. Located near North Bend, Washington in the Snoqualmie River Valley, this stunning 1,200 foot waterfall streams into tiny Lipsy Lake before draining to the Taylor River. (Photo via AllTrails

#154 - Hike Dog Mountain Trail located in southwest Washington. Rising above the Columbia River, Dog Mountain is a popular hike that winds through heavy forest to meadows and past the site of a former fire lookout. Enjoy the views of the Columbia Gorge, Mount Hood and wildflowers, especially in spring. (Photo via Skamania County Chamber of Commerce)

It's a busy week in Washington!

#155 - Find the Cascade Tunnel which reigned as the longest train tunnel in the U.S. from 1928 to 1989. Located off Hwy-2 near the town of Scenic, Washington, it was completed by the Great Northern Railway in 1928 to safely transport trains through Stevens Pass between Spokane and Seattle. (Photo by D. Reitz)

Cascade Loop Scenic Highway

We stopped in Walla Walla a week or so ago while on a very rambling road trip. I'd researched it a few years back for a potential job and wanted to see it in person.

It was really nice. My wife actually loved it. We walked around the downtown a bit then had lunch at Yamas. It was a nice stop.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    We stopped in Walla Walla a week or so ago while on a very rambling road trip. I'd researched it a few years back for a potential job and wanted to see it in person.

It was really nice. My wife actually loved it. We walked around the downtown a bit then had lunch at Yamas. It was a nice stop.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    It's a nice town. I am not at all unhappy with my decision to move here.

A few from our first day on Whidbey. It is remarkable to me how little the place has changed since we moved away 13 years ago. Not in order: Fort Ebey bluff and WW2 bunkers, Captain Whidbey Inn hamock overlooking Penn Cove, Libbey Road neighborhood beach access. Spent an hour throwing rocks.

And one more for good PNW beer.

#169 - Find Nooksack Falls located along the north fork of the Nooksack River on the Mt. Baker Scenic Byway. See the rushing water as it drops freely 88-feet into the narrow, rocky river canyon. (Photo by Elizabeth Tanning)
    Bellingham Experience