Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Walla Walla Sweets in the news again, more trouble from onion-ville:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/fac...xual.%E2%80%9D

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1603496353.926920.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	326.9 KB 
ID:	344631
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Washington State official falls - Palouse Falls

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Name:  IMG_2671.JPG
Views: 944
Size:  119.1 KB
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Name:  IMG_2671.JPG
Views: 944
Size:  119.1 KB
    Wow! What chair is that?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

alpy chair 2 looking down edelweiss....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Just made campground reservations in "the #1 state" for a June trip. Three nights at Ft. Ebey state park on Whidbey Island, one of my favorite campgrounds on a bluff overlooking the strait. Gotta show our girls the island where they were born, now that they are old enough to remember it. And a couple nights coming and going at Riverside state park on the Spokane River. Oldest daughter wants to tour the Gonzaga campus. Looking forward to visiting Washington again!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    alpy chair 2 looking down edelweiss....?
    Schluct on the right . . .

Washington offically in phase 3 now which will no doubt have people on the move so how about a scenic drive through my favorite canyon?

365 Things To Do In Washington State
    #80 - Visit the beautiful Yakima River Canyon. The Selah Cliffs Natural Area is located along this byway and is home to a rare population of basalt daisy, a threatened and dainty plant that only grows high up in cracks in the rocks left by ancient lava in the canyon's southern half. (Photos by Bruce Skotland)
    Yakima Valley

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Washington offically in phase 3 now which will no doubt have people on the move so how about a scenic drive through my favorite canyon?

#80 - Visit the beautiful Yakima River Canyon. The Selah Cliffs Natural Area is located along this byway and is home to a rare population of basalt daisy, a threatened and dainty plant that only grows high up in cracks in the rocks left by ancient lava in the canyon's southern half. (Photos by Bruce Skotland)
    Yakima Valley

I did a bike race in this canyon some 30 years ago or so. That's the only time I've been in it but it's a pretty cool area to see. When you're riding uphill for a long way, you've got plenty of time to look around and enjoy your setting and this is one I remember pretty well.

#90 - Take in the golden slopes of Mount Finlayson located on San Juan Island. A gently curving road leads to dramatic cliffs and unparalleled views across the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Explore nearby Cattle Point Light at the southern tip of the island. (Photo via Beautiful Washington)

Hey KQ- Driving from Leavenworth to Port Angeles this September. Planning to take the ferry across, north of Seattle. Any unmissable sights or eats along the way?

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    Hey KQ- Driving from Leavenworth to Port Angeles this September. Planning to take the ferry across, north of Seattle. Any unmissable sights or eats along the way?
    Take the long way round via the NCH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yeah... what he said. Turn around and head east on 2 to 97 then 20 (North Cascades Hwy). Some incredible country up there.

Friends considering a move to Tacoma. I told them I'd find out from my most trusted source whether it's a worthwhile place to live.
    What Says The Collective?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Friends considering a move to Tacoma. I told them I'd find out from my most trusted source whether it's a worthwhile place to live.
    What Says The Collective?
    Tacoma has come a long way from the 2nd rate funky smelling port town it was back in the day.

Tacoma vs. Seattle (2020) | Where to Live With Pros & Cons [Data]

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yeah... what he said. Turn around and head east on 2 to 97 then 20 (North Cascades Hwy). Some incredible country up there.
    I'd suggest rolling 20 straight on through to Deception Pass and dinking around there for a few hours before traversing the bucolic Whidbey. Adjacent to the Coupville ferry terminal is Fort Casey, worth a look as mentioned just upthread. Beware of regular tidal disruptions on the ferry to Port Townsend.

Name:	2021-04-01_09-11-02.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	370050

Tacoma has come a long way from the 2nd rate funky smelling port town it was back in the day.
    The Tacoma Aroma isn't industry, it's decay.

And before someone jumps down my throat for that, it's a joke FFS. I kinda like Tacoma (and Olympia). They've gentrified, but not completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'd suggest rolling 20 straight on through to Deception Pass and dinking around there for a few hours before traversing the bucolic Whidbey. Adjacent to the Coupville ferry terminal is Fort Casey, worth a look as mentioned just upthread. Beware of regular tidal disruptions on the ferry to Port Townsend.
    This.

I assume you are making the trip in 1 day. For sure take Hwy 20
    Stop at the Mazama Store for your coffee reup and make sure to get a baguette or two. Delicious with butter. Stop at Wa Pass overlook. It's a very short hike. The paved trail into Rainy Lake is also a shorter walk too. Diablo Reservoir overlook is cool too. I'll defer to Norseman on the non mountainy parts of the drive. Feel free to PM me if you've got Winthrop/Mazama questions.

Be sure to check out this scenic tunnel under 20 near Mazama:

Name:	IMG_4679.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	370054
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Just finished off a delicious bottle of Waterbrook from Safeway via beautiful Walla Walla in my garage hot tub.

Name:	Image1617343108.188028.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	370060

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you have the time when you're in the Mazama area, a detour up to Hart's Pass is well worth it (it would dovetail nicely with a stop at the Mazama store).