Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    In 2007 I was traveling back to Washington from a 2 week excursion through northeastern Washington, into BC, Alberta (Waterton Lakes Provincial Park), Montana (Glacier National Park), Idaho and Oregon one late afternoon in September. Descending out of the Blues on Hwy 204 the valley lay out before me with its seemingly endless wheat fields glowing in the setting sun like polished gold. It was an incredible sight, breathtakingly beautiful and one I have never forgotten. It was this view that made me fall in love with the area I now call home and every year at wheat harvest I get to relive it again.

365 Things To Do In Washington State

#288 - A magnificent sunset in southeast Washington. There is something special about a lonely road through that post-wheat-harvest golden glow near Walla Walla. (Photo by IG user: @flerish via Discover Walla Walla)

While that is a stunning shot, look at the lack of ditches, fencerows, and brushy outcrops. They have been plowed over, removed, or filled in leaving no place to overwinter. The bird hunting was great back in the day, but it wasn't 4000+ acre fields.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Avalanches or remnants of a fuckload of dynamite used to put in that bench cut? those trees looks straight brutalized.
    I’ve seen pictures of that area from the late 1800’s there’s a lot of snags left from fires
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

5 Cascade volcanos: Jefferson, Hood, St. Helens Adams & Rainier (Photo credit: GM Schneid)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5xvolcanos.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	393615

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

There are no roads or trails at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) Pierce National Wildlife Refuge in Washington state. Closed to the public, this refuge is literally for the birds.

A small refuge (329 acres) with big impacts on wildlife, Pierce supports one of the last remaining runs of chum salmon on the Columbia River and is also home to other state threatened and endangered species.

Photo taken from atop Beacon Rock, by Brent Lawrence, USFWS
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

365 Things to do in Washington State

#343 - See the magnificent Christmas tree display that made the 'Larger than Life' list on Fox News this holiday season, located at The Historic Davenport Hotel, Autograph Collection in Spokane.
    Fun fact: The Davenport Hotel was the first hotel in the United States with air conditioning and a central vacuum system (1914)! Louis Davenport, the hotel's first proprietor and namesake, furnished this Spanish Revival masterpiece with the finest décor from around the world. The lobby ceiling, paneled with glass and supported by cast plaster beams decorated with faux wood graining, give the lobby an atrium-like feel. The Historic Davenport Hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. (Photo via Visit Spokane)

may have posted these before but worth repeating IMO

365 Things to do in Washington State

#352 - Discover one-of-a-kind accommodations at Rolling Huts located in Mazama. These simple, 200-square-foot huts sit atop steel wheels, which elevate the huts above the flood plain and provide an unobstructed view of the surrounding mountains. Each hut features a 240-square-foot covered deck and an adjacent portable toilet; full bathrooms and showers are housed in the centrally located barn a short distance away. (Photo via Rolling Huts)
    Winthrop Washington

You had me at gorgeous, architecturally unique mini cabin.
    You lost me at frozen Porta Potty, run home through the snow after your shower, and the guys in the cabin next door can watch you having sex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    5 Cascade volcanos: Jefferson, Hood, St. Helens Adams & Rainier (Photo credit: GM Schneid)

Name:	5xvolcanos.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	393615
    I see a sixth. That's Olallie Butte between Jefferson and Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    You had me at gorgeous, architecturally unique mini cabin.
    You lost me at frozen Porta Potty, run home through the snow after your shower, and the guys in the cabin next door can watch you having sex.

Ding!
    The architect’s a wingnut too.
    Ignore the huts and have pizza at Woodhouse which is on the same property.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

PSA - was going to post this in the doggie thread but it is for all animals in need of rescue in Washington state.

In case you weren't aware we have a group called Washington State Animal Response Team (WASART). This is their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/WASART/

They are having an Open House & New Volunteer Informational Event at 1pm. I think you can attend virtually (see link on FB page)

New Dungeness Lighthouse, Dungeness Nat'l Wildlife Refuge, Dungeness Bay, Sequim Valley, Strait of Juan de Fuca, Washington 234 using Nikon D850 ,AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR 1/800s f/9.0 at 44.0mm iso400 taken from copilot side window of Beech F33A Bonanza airplane with Bridget Cooley
    Photo by Long Bach Nguyen
    Last edited by KQ; 03-10-2022 at 10:47 AM.

State Route 20 - the northernmost route across the Cascade Mountain Range. Also known as the North Cascades Scenic Highway, this scenic byway offers travelers a wide array of beautiful vistas and is part of the Cascade Loop Scenic Highway, a 400-mile driving tour through the Cascades. (Photo by Aman Agarwal Photography)

#163 - Did you know that the highest railway arch bridge ever built in the United States is located in Washington? The High Steel Bridge, located above the south fork of the Skokomish River, is a striking sight in this remote forest. The bridge structure is an engineering feat, and a carryover from the area's logging history. Visitors peering down from atop the High Steel Bridge feel as if they are suspended in mid-air. Perched 375 feet above the icy snowmelt rushing down from the slopes of the Olympic National Park, this bridge is a photographers delight. (Photo via Wikipedia)
    Explore Hood Canal

Your posts in this thread are like polishing a turd. Like wanting to re-live some good old days. Just saying. Sure, there are some nice little spots, but your state is fucked in so many ways. I can't believe it gets a pass while Idaho and Mantana gets all the flack. My sister lives in eastern WA, and that place has their collective heads so far up their asses it's not even comical anymore. It's a farce.

When was the last time you went camping in the state of Washington?

Didn't think so.

Bunch of trash rednecks or cell phone addicted WFH tech morans with their insulated minions who couldn't even tie a fly or start a fire.

It's like Breaking Bad meets SFO.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

You run out of drugs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Your posts in this thread are like polishing a turd. Like wanting to re-live some good old days. Just saying. Sure, there are some nice little spots, but your state is fucked in so many ways. I can't believe it gets a pass while Idaho and Mantana gets all the flack. My sister lives in eastern WA, and that place has their collective heads so far up their asses it's not even comical anymore. It's a farce.

Didn't think so.

Bunch of trash rednecks or cell phone addicted WFH tech morans with their insulated minions who couldn't even tie a fly or start a fire.

This thread is about the scenery, it’s even in the title bud.

Take your cranky tantrum over to one of the numerous middle aged male angst whiney threads.

For the record, Washington State residents are the pinnacle of human evolution. Moran.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This thread is about the scenery, it’s even in the title bud.

Take your cranky tantrum over to one of the numerous middle aged male angst whiney threads.

For the record, Washington State residents are the pinnacle of human evolution. Moran.

I bet the og moran dude was from WA.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Didn't think so.

I can tie a fly and start a fire, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by mb6f50 View Post
    I can tie a fly and start a fire, thank you very much.
    Well I live back in the woods ya se
    My missus and the kids and the dogs and me
    And I can start a farr and I can tie a fly
    And a county boy can survive!!

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I have no idea how to run a trot line. I barely know what it is.

Is MTM trying to be the new buttahflake or something? It's not a great look.

#189 - Experience the headwaters of Lake Chelan aboard the Lady of the Lake. Be amazed by the scenery as you venture into the heart of the Lake Chelan wilderness via boat, beneath staggering mountain peaks and thickly forested shoreline. The Lady of the Lake provides year-round transportation to Stehekin, Washington and North Cascades National Park where the upper reaches of the lake can only be accessed by boat or float plane. (Photo via Lake Chelan Boat Company
    Lake Chelan)

Washington Wilderness Areas:

Okanogan County:

The Conconully Outhouse Races are back on January 14th! Come by and see one of our favorite winter traditions.

Learn more at: https://bit.ly/3W3CDXl

Name:	Image1674168219.880729.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	443394