Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    In 2007 I was traveling back to Washington from a 2 week excursion through northeastern Washington, into BC, Alberta (Waterton Lakes Provincial Park), Montana (Glacier National Park), Idaho and Oregon one late afternoon in September. Descending out of the Blues on Hwy 204 the valley lay out before me with its seemingly endless wheat fields glowing in the setting sun like polished gold. It was an incredible sight, breathtakingly beautiful and one I have never forgotten. It was this view that made me fall in love with the area I now call home and every year at wheat harvest I get to relive it again.

365 Things To Do In Washington State

#288 - A magnificent sunset in southeast Washington. There is something special about a lonely road through that post-wheat-harvest golden glow near Walla Walla. (Photo by IG user: @flerish via Discover Walla Walla)

While that is a stunning shot, look at the lack of ditches, fencerows, and brushy outcrops. They have been plowed over, removed, or filled in leaving no place to overwinter. The bird hunting was great back in the day, but it wasn't 4000+ acre fields.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Avalanches or remnants of a fuckload of dynamite used to put in that bench cut? those trees looks straight brutalized.
    I’ve seen pictures of that area from the late 1800’s there’s a lot of snags left from fires
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

5 Cascade volcanos: Jefferson, Hood, St. Helens Adams & Rainier (Photo credit: GM Schneid)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5xvolcanos.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	393615

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

There are no roads or trails at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) Pierce National Wildlife Refuge in Washington state. Closed to the public, this refuge is literally for the birds.

A small refuge (329 acres) with big impacts on wildlife, Pierce supports one of the last remaining runs of chum salmon on the Columbia River and is also home to other state threatened and endangered species.

Photo taken from atop Beacon Rock, by Brent Lawrence, USFWS
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

365 Things to do in Washington State

#343 - See the magnificent Christmas tree display that made the 'Larger than Life' list on Fox News this holiday season, located at The Historic Davenport Hotel, Autograph Collection in Spokane.
    Fun fact: The Davenport Hotel was the first hotel in the United States with air conditioning and a central vacuum system (1914)! Louis Davenport, the hotel's first proprietor and namesake, furnished this Spanish Revival masterpiece with the finest décor from around the world. The lobby ceiling, paneled with glass and supported by cast plaster beams decorated with faux wood graining, give the lobby an atrium-like feel. The Historic Davenport Hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. (Photo via Visit Spokane)

may have posted these before but worth repeating IMO

365 Things to do in Washington State

#352 - Discover one-of-a-kind accommodations at Rolling Huts located in Mazama. These simple, 200-square-foot huts sit atop steel wheels, which elevate the huts above the flood plain and provide an unobstructed view of the surrounding mountains. Each hut features a 240-square-foot covered deck and an adjacent portable toilet; full bathrooms and showers are housed in the centrally located barn a short distance away. (Photo via Rolling Huts)
    Winthrop Washington

You had me at gorgeous, architecturally unique mini cabin.
    You lost me at frozen Porta Potty, run home through the snow after your shower, and the guys in the cabin next door can watch you having sex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    5 Cascade volcanos: Jefferson, Hood, St. Helens Adams & Rainier (Photo credit: GM Schneid)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5xvolcanos.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	393615
    I see a sixth. That's Olallie Butte between Jefferson and Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    You had me at gorgeous, architecturally unique mini cabin.
    You lost me at frozen Porta Potty, run home through the snow after your shower, and the guys in the cabin next door can watch you having sex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ding!
    The architect’s a wingnut too.
    Ignore the huts and have pizza at Woodhouse which is on the same property.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda