Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Mount Baker glow on a serene evening... The perfect view.
    Photo credit: Paul Conrad Photography via Washington Nature Lovers.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

You forgot the Vantage nude beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Just hit up Sol Duc hot springs for a soak.

Brief walk to this beauty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1526.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	337356
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1529.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	237.1 KB 
ID:	337357

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

365 Things To Do In Washington State
    ·
    #233 - See the crashing waves and tumultuous sea at Cape Disappointment State Park. Formerly known as Fort Canby State Park, Cape D is a 1,882-acre camping park on the Long Beach Peninsula, fronted by the Pacific Ocean. The park offers two miles of ocean beach, two lighthouses, an interpretive center and hiking trails. (Photo by Juan Stout)
    Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

#235 - View Ladder Creek Falls at night when it's illuminated with colorful lights. Located in Newhalem, Washington, the lights were installed by Seattle City Light superintendent, J.D. Ross, in the 1920s and 30s as part of his efforts to win public appreciation for Skagit Hydroelectric Project. Ross was intrigued by the possibilities for using light in artistic ways and wanted to create what he called, ‘a paradise of color in the wilderness.’ (Photo by Andy Porter Photography)
    Cascade Loop Scenic Highway

.4 round trip, and trippy. Bookmarked.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

^ you can go on a tour of the power station at Newhalem. Once we got used to the fact that we were the only non-octogenarians, it was very interesting. 100 year old turbines, 2 mile power shaft dug by manual labor, and all still functioning. The turn of the century was a crazy time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    ^ you can go on a tour of the power station at Newhalem. Once we got used to the fact that we were the only non-octogenarians, it was very interesting. 100 year old turbines, 2 mile power shaft dug by manual labor, and all still functioning. The turn of the century was a crazy time.
    My mom grew up in Concrete and lived in a company house that still stands. Grandpa was superintendent of Puget Power & Light and oversaw the building of the dams on the upper Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    My mom grew up in Concrete and lived in a company house that still stands. Grandpa was superintendent of Puget Power & Light and oversaw the building of the dams on the upper Baker.
    so you must have read This Boy's Life? I guess they made a movie of it, but I know the book is great.

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    so you must have read This Boy's Life? I guess they made a movie of it, but I know the book is great.
    Actually I have not. Spent a good part of my childhood in Concrete and I have fond memories. That story might be a bit dark for me. I have a serious aversion to violence IRL, in books and on TV/movies. Just can't deal with it.

You definitely wouldn't like "The Redemption Wall". But that happened in Oregon in the early 60's. Hard for me to read too.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Did John Ellis (senior) work for yer grandad at PPL? Think he went on to be a senior exec there among other notable Seattle accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Did John Ellis (senior) work for yer grandad at PPL? Think he went on to be a senior exec there among other notable Seattle accomplishments.
    No clue. Grandpa was near retirement by the time I came along.

Funny story about his retirement. Back in the 1930s grandpa lied about his age to get a job with PPL so the company had him set to retire when he was 64. Grandpa had to present them with a birth certificate so he could work one more year.

Columbia Hills Historical State Park - Horsethief Lake Petroglyphs

This 3,637-acre camping park is full of natural wonders. While the scenery here is breathtaking, that's not all you'll find at the park, it is full of ancient pictographs and petroglyphs hidden on a cliffside perch.

This one is known as Tsagaglalal (or She Who Watches) and is thought to be about 300 years old.

The paths through the park are lined with information on some of these pictographs and petroglyphs.

It's a great place to learn about local history while getting some good exercise.

You'll also see the remnants of old ranch equipment scattered across the park.

You can see it all on the 10-mile trail that takes you through the best scenery.
    Between the hiking trails, stunning scenery, and pieces of the past, this park has something for everyone.

It's also home to Horsethief Butte, a favorite among climbers of all abilities.

#243 - Find the Cooper River Trail located near Salmon La Sac​. There are lots of places to jump into the pristine river as it leads you upstream to Cooper Lake. Expect lots of bird-watching opportunities and plenty of trout if you decide to drop a line. (Photo by Dale Schwandt)
    Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce
    Central Washington Outdoor

Actually I have not. Spent a good part of my childhood in Concrete and I have fond memories. That story might be a bit dark for me. I have a serious aversion to violence IRL, in books and on TV/movies. Just can't deal with it.
    I used to know the Mayor of Concrete (Robin Feetham), he told me he ran against a dog, I don't know who won. he made custom slingshots along with being a pretty good guitarist.

#244 - Plan a getaway to Cama Beach State Park​. Located on the southwest shore of Camano Island, Washington, Cama Beach offers visitors a chance to step back in time to a 1930s-era Puget Sound fishing resort complete with waterfront cabins and bungalows. The cabins have been refurbished with modern conveniences, and are available for rent year-round. (Photo via The Center for Wooden Boats)
    GoWhidbeyCamanoIslands

#245 - Did you know that the Yakima Valley produces 75% of the nation's hops? With fertile soil and long sunny days, the Yakima Valley is one of the few areas of the world where new plantings of hops in the spring have the ability to produce a full crop in the first year. Craft beer lovers rejoice! �� (Photo via Yakima Valley)

#250 - Find Drumheller Channels National Natural Landmark located in eastern WA. Formed by ancient volcanoes and carved by raging waters, these channeled scablands decorate the landscape with towering fissures of basalt rock. This natural landmark showcases a portion of the vast Ice Age Floods National Geologic Trail NPS in the Columbia Basin. (Photo by Nick Zentner)

·
    #260 - Soak up the relaxation at Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort. Escape to the rain forest and spend the night in a rustic, charming Sol Duc cabin. Experience Sol Duc's serenity and the supremely relaxing mineral hot springs on the Olympic Peninsula. (Photo via Hot Springs of the World)

#266 - Discover a PNW treasure at North Cascades Institute. Located on the shores of brilliant Diablo Lake, the Institute and Environmental Learning Center is a hub of discovery for all ages in one of the wildest, most biologically diverse landscapes in North America. Visitors can explore, enjoy and learn about the mountains, rivers, forests, people and wildlife of the Pacific Northwest. After a brief closure due to COVID-19, the North Cascades Institute will be welcoming visitors back to its campus beginning Sept. 25, 2020. (Photo via Bellingham Experience)

WW gonna get a bit of Cleveland flavor, KQ. Watch out, it’s contagious.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...ashington.html
    I still call it The Jake.

#266 - Discover a PNW treasure at North Cascades Institute. Located on the shores of brilliant Diablo Lake, the Institute and Environmental Learning Center is a hub of discovery for all ages in one of the wildest, most biologically diverse landscapes in North America. Visitors can explore, enjoy and learn about the mountains, rivers, forests, people and wildlife of the Pacific Northwest. After a brief closure due to COVID-19, the North Cascades Institute will be welcoming visitors back to its campus beginning Sept. 25, 2020. (Photo via Bellingham Experience)

The only thing cooler than that would have been if the hadn't built all those fucking dams in the first place. Diablo Lake aka Diablo Settling Pond.

It's Larch time!

The Science of Larches

2020 Larch march �� #scenicwa #pnwfall #larchmadness @ North Cascades National Park