Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I could be into that!

son skied sw chutes yesterday said in good shape
    off your knees Louie

I have been up there a ton in the past month. Today was the first really good corn I have had up there in a couple of weeks. Chutes were superb today.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    We need stickers

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    I have been up there a ton in the past month. Today was the first really good corn I have had up there in a couple of weeks. Chutes were superb today.
    Good corn at all elevations?

I've never been to Adams & would love to go mid-June.
    My partner wouldn't be skiing, but would be a necessity to enable a road trip.
    Is there any fly-fishing nearby - within 60-90 minute drive & in potentially decent shape mid-June?
    Or, are there other options (hiking, sight-seeing....) nearby to occupy her while I'm skiing?
    If so, would the trips back and forth on the (I've heard it's rough) cold springs road be worth it? Subaru Outback if that helps.

Dont know if this is a deal breaker or not for the Nwskiurr trip but....

Weather forecast a week out, better odds of beating the house in Vegas

I went up yesterday, snow starts about a mile from the trailhead. SW chutes had good hot pow. Was setting off decent sized roller balls around 11am on a cool, mostly cloudy day, and saw evidence of some fairly large wet slides on the SW side. Absolutely white out up top but visibility improved about 200 feet down the SW chutes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Unfortunately I can’t make the NWSkier trip but a group of three of us will camp Friday and climb and ski Saturday the 8th if anyone wants to join! In case the schedule won’t match up for the 6/7!

Wtf MiKe

I know! I’ll join in on the beers Friday eve but wifey works till Friday 8am

Weather looks to stay below freezing. Any concerns bout that?

went to adams yesterday and did a descent off the summit then to the SW chutes. wasn't forecast to get below freezing even at the top, but it refroze and the chutes were still not super fun at 10:30am or so when we went down. talking to others seemed like they corned up around noon. lots of wet slide debris to navigate when traversing out at the bottom

Well w the freezing temps coming and staying below freezing sounds shitty.

Yeah looks like it’s gonna be a refrozen shit fest. Mountain forecast showing Wind chills down to -8 at 9k

Yeah. Not looking good for this week

Can I suggest sometime between the 13-20? Maybe show up the 13 and ski the 14?

Weather looks better about a week out. 13th / 14th not looking bad but our weather has been trending towards a June with on-shore flows and a few disturbances in the Pacific. Hoping a week is reasonable and get a few nice days to re-settle things a bit. At least the melt-out is temporarily slowed down.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Hood party solstice weekend if Adams fails
    Coverage is good up high on Hood right now with only a couple weeks left til that party. So good, in fact, that my friend lost his ski climbing during our climb up the NE side earlier this week and a crevasse caught it for him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190604_090137.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	882.6 KB 
ID:	284842

By mid-week it's going to get warm and a report indicates a freeze / thaw period. Some new accumulation probably not going to muck up the S.W. chute....lots of WSW wind accompanying the new snow essentially blowing most of it into eastern washington. Thurs. / Fri., may be about right. Keep yur eyes out mates....Thar she blows!

The time is getting near folks!

Should be good Monday. My thought is centering around a Sunday arrival and take the hike up to a little bivy I like. Might be fun hanging at Cold Springs though. Do I sense a small gathering of Monday skier interest? What's the beer plan?