Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Update thread title and original post to reflect dates.

Trip will be weekend of July 20th, most likely a 3 day affair starting on Friday.

Oh very tempted to bring out my LX570 but I think I’ve already got a mountaineering commitment that weekend. Will check the calendar.

Picked up some sliders today from metaltech. Maybe put em to use

Nice. I like the trend of the bump outs to push you away from obstacles.

Since we're posting pics this is what I'd be rolling in if I make itName:  20190508_084949.jpeg
Views: 660
Size:  48.2 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Sold my FZJ80 when the head gasket started to go, really like the 3rd gen 4Runner I have now though. Doubt I can make it but will keep it in mind, sounds awesome.

I'm interested but pretty much a rookie when it comes to off road driving and under equipped in the recovery gear department. Truck's good for it though.... hmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

NW Overland Rally June 20 - 23, 2019. Plains, WA

Should be a solid weekend of learning recovery techniques, driving skills and route planning if anyone is available. Plenty of you mags posting in this thread are fairly local to the locations too.

Maggot Toyota Land Cruiser Meet up

Thanks to the new shoes from LVS looking forward to this trip!

Plan on bringing Mrs SkiLyft as well for those considering sigs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0399.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	283113

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

lookin good

How about this, let's do a chain like we do for BBI with food, but with vehicle specs and experience to help Conundrum and I plan the trip. Just copy and paste my post to add to it.

Vehicle:
    Mods:
    Offroad Experience:

LVS:
    Vehicle: 1994 Land Cruiser
    Mods: ARB bumpers, 4" lift, 35" tires, Lockers, Winch. (Not regeared yet... so I'm slow)
    Offroad Experience: Lots of time exploring very rough FS roads and jeep tracks. Not very much time (if any) doing true hardcore stuff.

I just got some fresh T/As on my forester, can I come?

LVS:
    Mods: ARB bumpers, 4" lift, 35" tires, Lockers, Winch. (Not regeared yet... so I'm slow)
    Offroad Experience: Lots of time exploring very rough FS roads and jeep tracks. Not very much time (if any) doing true hardcore stuff.

Conundrum
    Vehicle: '97 80. Can bring a lifted military trailer if we need room for gear but doubt we will.
    Mods: 4" lift, 9k winch, sliders, bumpers, dual batteries, 35s, roof rack, 3x lockers. Room for 10 gal water and 15 gal of extras gas or 5 gal of gas and a Stihl 026. Plenty of recovery gear. Most extra fluids and needed tools on board. Full camp kitchen for up to 24 people.
    Experience: Plenty
    Notes: I think for the first planned leg of the trip, a stock LC with good tires will be fine. For the second potential leg, you would want something like mine or bigger and badder unless body damage is an acceptable outcome for you. But, that leg is just a potential. Sliders or 3-5" of lift and 33-35"s would be the minimum. We could scrap the second leg or a few of us could veer from the herd. I've been there before so it's more up to people if they want to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	560.0 KB 
ID:	283206  

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    LVS:

Conundrum
    Vehicle: '97 80. Can bring a lifted military trailer if we need room for gear but doubt we will.
    Mods: 4" lift, 9k winch, sliders, bumpers, dual batteries, 35s, roof rack, 3x lockers. Room for 10 gal water and 15 gal of extras gas or 5 gal of gas and a Stihl 026. Plenty of recovery gear. Most extra fluids and needed tools on board. Full camp kitchen for up to 24 people.
    Experience: Plenty
    Notes: I think for the first planned leg of the trip, a stock LC with good tires will be fine. For the second potential leg, you would want something like mine or bigger and badder unless body damage is an acceptable outcome for you. But, that leg is just a potential. Sliders or 3-5" of lift and 33-35"s would be the minimum. We could scrap the second leg or a few of us could veer from the herd. I've been there before so it's more up to people if they want to go.
    Lifelinksplit

Vehicle: wife's 2005 4runner (71 bronco and 89 runner aren't quite "roadworthy")

Mods: 3.5in lift, 33's, front/rear bumpers, sliders, rear locked, geared, winch, roof rack, extra water/fuel, husky 455, extra fluids(not spare shafts etc), plenty of recovery gear(bubba, 30ft straps, clevis(s), snatch block, hi lift, shovel etc), on board air(just small arb comp), fridge, full size spare(and plug kit), tools.

Experience: quite a bit wheeling but more hardcore stuff when I used to beat up the 71 on 38s.

Really wanting to make this. Rough idea on drive time from Bozeman or Missoula? Would either be coming from Bozeman or pburg. I think someone mentioned but SO's and dogs cool?

Figure out of Stanley, ID to calculate drive time. SOS and dogs are cool.

Oo oo, finally a chance to list all the SICK MODS

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    yo LVS, can i ride shotgun?
    Gunna have to battle Mrs LVS - $10 on the MRS.

Hoping to make it out with the LX470. Only hitch is that we're moving into our new house the week prior (thanks oftpiste!) and things may be nutty. Or maybe I'll want a break from unboxing...

Good luck with that J!!!! !.

And you're welcome. You guys are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FJ62 View Post
    Hoping to make it out with the LX470. Only hitch is that we're moving into our new house the week prior (thanks oftpiste!) and things may be nutty. Or maybe I'll want a break from unboxing...

We gotta keep the hippies in the backseat to prevent profiling by the momo police.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Oo oo, finally a chance to list all the SICK MODS
    It's TGR we're all about the aftermarket gear-nob upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

My mods are more classy casual.

This sounds cool, and I think I'd fit in with the Land cruiser's big brother (Sequoia). But too far.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    My mods are more classy casual.
    Both are rigs pretty generic builds, lol. "The ih8mud standard"

Sequoia is LC's little bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This sounds cool, and I think I'd fit in with the Land cruiser's big brother (Sequoia). But too far.

Was flirting with idaho this weekend. Had a few too many and had to let Walter take over.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_152007.jpeg 
Views:	181 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	284515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_144553.jpeg 
Views:	176 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	284516

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Sequoia is LC's little bro.
    Not by size it isn't.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy